Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,808 members, 7,886,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:26 AM

TECNO Needs More Quality Than Quantity - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / TECNO Needs More Quality Than Quantity (1456 Views)

5 Things Tecno Needs To Do To Fix It’s Branding Issues In Africa / Every business needs more exposure - Mobile apps can get you that / Three Things That Tecno Needs To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TECNO Needs More Quality Than Quantity by Wittylens(m): 7:46am On Nov 17, 2014

TECNO have done tremendously well. Since its inception in Nigeria , TECNO has played a major role in shaping the smartphone market to what it is today. Few years back , few people would have predicted that TECNO will enjoy this kind of massive success in Nigeria and Africa at large. TECNO is already an household name in nigeria , one that cannot be easily written off.

Taking a look at 2014 so far , i realised that TECNO has greatly improved. More devices , More popularity and most importantly , More $$$$ too cheesy . This improvement is evident in this year's flagship devices. TECNO R7 and TECNO Phantom Z are devices of the highest calibre. Fast processors , OTA-Update Capabilty, Sharp camera , Long Lasting battery life ; What more could we ask for? TECNO Really killed it. But there's one bad habit TECNO needs to do away with ; the habit of releasing Toomuch similar devices with little or no quality

I understand that TECNO's major target is the Middle / Low side of market , however , i feel they're taking too much advantage of that. So far this year , TECNO has released 13 new devices (I stand to be corrected , could be more) , averaging 1 new device every new month. I have no problem with the number of devices they introduce , however , if you take a close look at those devices , you will notice too much similarities between them. you can barely notice more than 2 differences between the each device , making nigerians more confused by the day. To further explain this , i pitched TECNO H3 against TECNO H5 below ;

TECNO H3 Key Specs

Display size : 3.5 inches
Internal memory : 4GB
Processors : 1.0Ghz dual-core Mediatek MT6575
RAM : 512MB
Camera : 5MP / 0.3MP (Back / Front)
Battery : 2000mAh

TECNO H5 Key Specs

Display size : 4.0 inches
Internal memory : 4GB
Processors : 1.0Ghz dual-core Mediatek MT6575
RAM : 512MB
Camera : 5MP / 0.3MP (Back / Front)
Battery : 1800mAh

Now look at those specs and tell me how many differences you could spot. ? TECNO H3 runs on android 4.4kitkat os while h5 runs on android 4.2jellybean , how come? isnt TECNO H5 Supposed to be better than h3? I guess you're equally confused , right?

TECNO's lack of quality , innovation and inconsistency is becoming very very obvious by the day. We were Wowed! By TECNO R7; But what followed? , same old thing , Similar devices with different names!. Nigerians are noticing and it will only be a matter of time before they look elsewhere. Nigerians need more of quality and less of quantity from TECNO

It is very much unlikely TECNO will change this bad habit , Many have complained but TECNO didnt listen. However , with Infinix growing more wings by the day and the recent entry of Innjoo and Wiko , it will only be a matter of time before TECNO Walks on that long , lonely and difficult path , just like Blackberry is currently doing.

Original Source : http://androidnigeria.com.ng/2014inreview-tecno-needs-quality-quantity/
Re: TECNO Needs More Quality Than Quantity by vodacom: 10:47am On Nov 17, 2014
Wittylens:

Original Source : http://androidnigeria.com.ng/2014inreview-tecno-needs-quality-quantity/
Have you heard of the word Product Life Cycle? Please google it and see reasons why other brands are coming to the market.
Re: TECNO Needs More Quality Than Quantity by Wittylens(m): 10:04am On Nov 20, 2014
Where Are The Mods??

This should also make FP Naa..

Abi? wink
Re: TECNO Needs More Quality Than Quantity by passionate88: 10:14am On Nov 20, 2014
Wittylens:
Where Are The Mods??

This should also make FP Naa..

Abi? wink
Incase
Re: TECNO Needs More Quality Than Quantity by Wittylens(m): 10:24am On Nov 20, 2014
passionate88:
Incase

Don't Worry. It will soon make FP grin
Re: TECNO Needs More Quality Than Quantity by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 20, 2014
even the R7 is running a clone android os...urgh tecno is bleeped walahi!
Re: TECNO Needs More Quality Than Quantity by Wittylens(m): 10:53am On Nov 20, 2014
Preciousjoz:
even the R7 is running a clone android os...urgh tecno is bleeped walahi!

Clone ? How?
Re: TECNO Needs More Quality Than Quantity by passionate88: 11:27am On Nov 20, 2014
Wittylens:

Don't Worry. It will soon make FP grin
I hope it does
Re: TECNO Needs More Quality Than Quantity by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 20, 2014
Wittylens:

Clone ? How?
aliyun os; a clone version of android.

(1) (Reply)

How To Check LUMIA 535 Data On Airtel / A Smart Phone That Can Play Hifi Audio. (HOT) / Tecno Hi Os Ui Is Very Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.