Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,688 members, 7,918,168 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 01:24 AM

Who Is Really The Giant Of Africa? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Really The Giant Of Africa? (5141 Views)

Is Dangote Really The Richest Nigerian??? / What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa / Woe! To Nigerian Government. Ghana Is Now The Giant Of Africa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Really The Giant Of Africa? by naijaway(m): 10:26pm On Jun 04, 2007
lol
Re: Who Is Really The Giant Of Africa? by MILITIA(f): 10:34pm On Jun 04, 2007
Love your sense of humour! Abi na lie I talk? tongue
Re: Who Is Really The Giant Of Africa? by MP007(m): 4:40pm On Jun 25, 2007
we all know nigeria aint no giant?
Re: Who Is Really The Giant Of Africa? by denex: 8:24pm On Jun 25, 2007
There are different criteria for judging this giant of Africa issue which may lead to people saying it's either South Africa or Nigeria.

In general though, currently, South Africa is the number 1 country in Africa.
Re: Who Is Really The Giant Of Africa? by denex: 8:38pm On Jun 25, 2007
When we Focus, in 10 years, we'll be earning a higher GDP than South Africa and in the next 20 years we should be among the top 20 countries in the world.

But instead of us getting to work already, NLC is embarking on violent holidays. E go really hard us.
Re: Who Is Really The Giant Of Africa? by hollirigth(m): 6:55pm On Jun 27, 2007
I am very sorry if anyone is still locked up in that notion that Nija is the giant of Africa, it is a big shame if I am say giving all the senseless acts of our politician, the high rate of international fraud, aka 419. A claim like this should be supported by clear evidence of which we have none. More than 85% of the citizens are living in abject poverty, the only people that live good are those has a grip by one way or the other to power. Some families cannot boast of 3sqr meal a day even with all the revenue we make daily from oil (#6 in the world). We are the only country that is loosing the highest number of her intellectuals to other countries like SA, Botswana, even Ghana not to mention overseas countries! C'mon guyz don't even get me started, Look at the way our national team are loosing their hold in international competitions, FIFA, Olympics and the likes. Check what Ghana and Cote de'voir did in the last FIFA soccer world cup. These days we cannot even win countries like Togo, Congo, Liberia, and Kenya that are as big as my hometown. How about those bad guyz that conduct their evil businesses at night and in broad daylight on innocent citizens, you can't even trust the police for help, you might end up paying more than you already lost. Your families would not even want you to come home from abroad due to security risks. Humm, the roads, no go area? I know. Poeple now spend 3days or more to go from Lagos to Onitsha because they have to go through all the villages in Ogun and Ondo states due to bad condition of the express road. Can we talk about electricity, I rather say no? Benin republic have stable electricity than nija that supply them. To me, being a giant of African is more than a world of mouth, we would need to convince the rest of the world, its not measured by the size or populatio. Its high time we stop fooling ourselves. Remember that adage, an empty barrel makes the most noise. sad angry embarassed
Re: Who Is Really The Giant Of Africa? by denex: 7:46pm On Jun 27, 2007
It is not about senseless politicians the people are just generally bad in Nigeria. Abi do you people think that politicians and leaders are imported into Nigeria? Is it not from the general populace they emanate?

Thabo Mbeki is completely senseless. He is the only President that has publicly declared that HIV does not exist. Yet his country is doing very well.

So stop heaping the problem on Politicians, Nigerians as a whole need a total paradigm change.
Re: Who Is Really The Giant Of Africa? by kulaShaker(f): 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2007
KingKONG
Re: Who Is Really The Giant Of Africa? by tpia: 7:11am On May 25, 2008
hmmm.

see everyone stating their views about this issue calmly and without rancor.  I almost thought I was on some oyibo site.

The beautiful days are gone. cry

anyway, I only recently became aware Nigeria and south Africa have turned to competitors even though one is in west Africa and the other is at the extreme end of the continent.

na wa.
Re: Who Is Really The Giant Of Africa? by mccloud224(m): 2:09am On Oct 17, 2009
White people are the real giants here. grin
Re: Who Is Really The Giant Of Africa? by Fhemmmy: 2:54am On Oct 17, 2009
Ghana
Re: Who Is Really The Giant Of Africa? by OAM4J: 4:12am On Oct 17, 2009
There is nobody in the doubt that south africa economy is the best in Africa right now. But what make a nation a giant is not just her economy, Nigeria is a giant because of her potentials. Human, material and natural resources. Its just that Nigeria is a sleeping or should i say a sick giant.

1 out of every 4 african is a nigerian. if Nigeria should fall today, which african country can trully rescue nigeria (accomodate, provide aid, or enough military assistance)? None. not even 5 of south africa.
Re: Who Is Really The Giant Of Africa? by Fhemmmy: 4:40am On Oct 17, 2009
OAM4J:

There is nobody in the doubt that south africa economy is the best in Africa right now. But what make a nation a giant is not just her economy, Nigeria is a giant because of her potentials. Human, material and natural resources. Its just that Nigeria is a sleeping or should i say a sick giant.

1 out of every 4 african is a nigerian. if Nigeria should fall today, which african country can trully rescue nigeria (accomodate, provide aid, or enough military assistance)? None. not even 5 of south africa.

if you want to name a giant just based on their population, then, how come India is still as terrible as some 3rd world nations?
Nigeria is no giant at all, and if ghana has the kinda money that Nigeria and South African has, it is a matter of time before they tell Nigeria when to shut up.
Re: Who Is Really The Giant Of Africa? by OAM4J: 5:28am On Oct 17, 2009
Fhemmmy:

if you want to name a giant just based on their population, then, how come India is still as terrible as some 3rd world nations?
Nigeria is no giant at all, and if ghana has the kinda money that Nigeria and South African has, it is a matter of time before they tell Nigeria when to shut up.

I think it’s a matter of definition. If you say economic or politial giant, then I will say Nigeria is not. But where population and natural resources are concerned in Africa, Nigeria is an overwhelming giant.
Re: Who Is Really The Giant Of Africa? by Fhemmmy: 5:37am On Oct 17, 2009
i feel u, but a giant living like an ant is a useless giant
Re: Who Is Really The Giant Of Africa? by OAM4J: 9:32am On Oct 17, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Yah, on that I agree with you.
Re: Who Is Really The Giant Of Africa? by candylips(m): 2:22pm On Oct 17, 2009
Fhemmmy:

right cool
Re: Who Is Really The Giant Of Africa? by redsun(m): 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2009
Africa doesn't have any giant right now.Ghana can be said to be promising because some how they seems to have a minute clue of what patriotism and accountability means.
Re: Who Is Really The Giant Of Africa? by MthimbaneZA(m): 11:36am On Aug 01, 2013
Black South Africans this, black S. Africans that, Whites or no whites. The fact remains S.A. is the most advanced country in Africa. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N40bn Scam: Vaswani Brothers Flee Nigeria / Robert Mugabe Vs The White Man / See What President Buhari Told Rev. Mbaka When He Visited Him Today In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.