Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,244 members, 7,880,909 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:59 AM

Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note - Business (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note (106097 Views)

Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note / Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note / Sanusi Did Not Re-introduce Arabic Inscriptions On Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by awolola26(m): 10:00pm On Nov 17, 2014
Jesus is the sweetest name I know
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by DaBullIT(m): 10:01pm On Nov 17, 2014
[size=20pt]Honest question, Has anyone actually seen or spent that 100 naira ? ? ? ... cos me i never see am [/size]
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Truckpusher(m): 10:01pm On Nov 17, 2014
holatin:

fool that what u Ve always attached to us but we still gain ground. even USA dat dat you look up to are the leading nation in accepting Islam.
my dad always tell me....don't interact with fool cus foolishness could be contaminable.
so my last word to you. Read ur bible very well and act to his word
See as e dey pain you. grin

Bunch of spineless cavemen hiding under Islam to perpetrate evil ,yet feign ignorance when superior arguments holds sway but angry over trivial issues. grin
Continue ranting about Americans accepting Islam yet they won't waste time in throwing you into gitmo bay with the slightest misunderstanding.
Cry on ,you're nothing but cry babies. tongue
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by doskyval(m): 10:03pm On Nov 17, 2014
Built2last:
The next to be removed should be the Arabic inscriptions on our military badges, and rankings....Nigeria is a secular state...period.

This madness has to stop, National assembly is built like a mosque, the presidential villa is built like a mosque....This country belongs to us all and is never a religious state. visit any ministry, parastatal or agency of the government in Abuja. the master plan of those buildings have mosques...They couldn't have the freedom to do that in Lagos, and came up with the script that the capital of Nigeria has to be at the center of Nigeria.

We just need to be security conscious cos in matter of days the news that Hausa/Islamic Inscriptions has been removed will go viral, they will tag all of us HARNI (meaning Unbeliever) and may go on rampage killing themselves not me.

I remember my uncle who was a member of MPR telling me that Soludo had good plans for the Naira but the northern hegemony wont allow him. That his problem with Yaradua began the day he raised it in their meeting that Nigeria is a secular state and so should not have any religious inscription in our currency. He said YARADUA heard of it before that meeting ended. Of course his brothers informed him. Yaradua called Soludo as the meeting was ending to ask how true.

Most people think Soludos tenure was not renewed because of the planned devaluation of the naira which presidency claims they were not carried along. but the inscription on the naira was the genesis of Soludos crisis with Yaradua. OBJs grand plan was that Soludo should remain and complete the devaluatuion plan.

In days to come expect the northern elites reaction to this removal.and may be Bokoharam taking more innocent lives in protest...Nigeria belongs to them and we are their slaves...so an average northerner thinks.

Except for those suffering from historical Amnesia, the 2015 struggle to take power by the north is never born out of the love for Nigeria. The North has not forgiven Southern Nigeria for the death of Yaradua. In their heart, in their mosques, its a subject of discuss that Jonathan is seating on their chance and must be unseated no matter what. Ineeded, Jonathan has disappointed all of us greatly but the North seeking power on the premise that it belongs to them or based on vendetta is a NO NO for me and all intellectual minds.

I dont know how we came up with Quota system, but that stuff has only served in the interest of the north. I dont know any southerner who has benefited from Quota system. We sacrificed merit at the altar of that Northern grand plan. If not tell me why Fashola should not be given APC presidential ticket to have a good election. But try that and see the viper react...It must be them or nothing.They annuled June 12, gave it to Weak Shonekan for few months and chased him out again, killed Abiola in the prison so that , his case will remain in the ash bin of history. Today, my people cry for remeberance of June 12 and they laugh from Minna and Kano.they knew what they were doing... If you are up north during the election, and Jonathan is declared winner, better run for your life. They will unleash the evil dragon, what Bokoharam is doing now is childs play compared to the plan.

bookmark this and quote me on Feb 14th.
Dnt mind those stupid Notherners, they are even lucky dat Jonathan Iڪ tolerating their excesses, if it were to be OBJ.......u know nah! Bt A̶̲̥̅♏ sure he's gonna deal wit dem com 2015.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Built2last: 10:04pm On Nov 17, 2014
jojotemitopaz:
so since those arabic text have been on the notes has it threatened the existence of chirstains b4 now or has it made muslims stronger. The north speaks more of hausa and arabic yet cuz u dominated in the south u believe the whole of nigeria is like here in the south west...I feel all these actions are the sor es of these religious tensions....and most of tbe coments here are fueling it with too much sentiments...how really does its removal help anyone

I dont know how to answer you because you dont understand subliminals, signs and symbols rule the world....there is a purpose for everything under heaven...you wont understand
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 17, 2014
ALL OF YOU...NEVER CHOP*sips malt*walks out of thread*
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by bejeria101(m): 10:05pm On Nov 17, 2014
Not just naira notes alone,the nigeria army banner also needs to be visited
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by jojotemitopaz(m): 10:06pm On Nov 17, 2014
Pecca:

so why is 1, 2, 3, 4, etc called Arabic numerals? you may wish to enlighten me fu8rther pls!
its called arabic numerals because the concept of numbering from 0 to 9, algebra and algorithm was modified with the then islamic mathematical Scholars and scientist...they laid the foundation of modern arithmetic and astrology...dats not to say the figures are arabic
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by aljharem(m): 10:07pm On Nov 17, 2014
BetaThings:

What happened to you?
You used to be objective.
How many things associated with Christianity have we demanded that should be removed in order for us to be comfortable
Understand the argument
If Nigeria had been colonised by and Arab country, would Muslims have been demanding the removal of latin-based languages from our currnecies
Let me ask
What are the benefits of this move?
Some people say they are liberated from shackles. How?
They will now be able to vote tommorrow unlike in the past?, or get married without a licence etc?
What freedom or rights did Muslims have before this measure was taken that Christians did not have?

Do you know that Muslims have made far more concessions in this country than the Christians?
The average Muslim needs to take permission to go to Jumat prayer but Christians can spend 7 hours in church on Sat or Sun

@Bolded

My brother, that is the whole point. If the Christians think the language is a way of forcefully telling them this is a Muslim country then WE as Muslims should show them that we are tolerate in a heavenly extent.

Of course it does not mean things will be better but this move will show us in a lighter note to our Christian brothers rather than trying to maintain the statue quo.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by tola9ja: 10:07pm On Nov 17, 2014
CHANGE ALL THE WAY

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by tola9ja: 10:08pm On Nov 17, 2014
awolola26:
Jesus is the sweetest name I know

ISAAA IS BETTER
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by aumeehn: 10:09pm On Nov 17, 2014
MNDY:

Here we go again! The alarming INTOLERANCE and "only-way-ideology" elements in your post!
----------
So, I must officially become a Muslim in order to understand Arabic or Qur'an?
to learn Arabic u can...buh to read and understand the Holy Quran my (enemy) u cant!
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by aljharem(m): 10:09pm On Nov 17, 2014
Truman155:
baba sorry to say this but i dont think i can be converted to islam i would rather die than convert #i mean it. Islam is just too volatile. Dont quote me to spew trash

It all has to do with your perception. I am proud to be one and my way of life MIGHT CONVERT YOU wink
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by drnoble1: 10:10pm On Nov 17, 2014
#jackpot!!!! OMG...Tunearth is giving out $100 to anyone with just more than 1000 play in their song##only 1 person can be the winner. Join www.tunearth.com now and be a #winner

"The #JACKPOT will end on December 25th and the winner will be announced on January 1st. Join www.tunearth.com to Start....."
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by qtx(m): 10:10pm On Nov 17, 2014
vedaxcool:

Yes, tolerating a word written in localised arabic to cater for a group of people who can read it! It is as simple as that! Let it break, isn't that what CAN is working hard to achieve? Like I said they are playing on u people ignorance while they get jets as reward for their divisive antics! It is funny that ur tolerance for corruption in this country would not break anytime soon, yet it is about to break on the very small issue like this! That is bigotry for u, keep to react on the very simple issues for life!

What is this man talking about? If the issue is minor why are people including you nagging about it? Do you know how many christians have been killed in this country recently , churches burnt all because they are not muslims? What issue is more sensitive than the safety and security of lives?
Let us just keep praying God continues to water the hearts of christians bc one thing i know is that guns, bombs, knives and whatever can be carried and used even by Christians as well and not only by muslims alone.

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by aumeehn: 10:11pm On Nov 17, 2014
aljharem:

@Bolded

My brother, that is the whole point. If the Christians think the language is a way of forcefully telling them this is a Muslim country then WE as Muslims should show them that we are tolerate in a heavenly extent.

Of course it does not mean things will be better but this move will show us in a lighter note to our Christian brothers rather than trying to maintain the statue quo.
to your Christian brother not me.....an infidel can never be my brother never!!
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 17, 2014
shomutuski:
Why are some people deluded like this.... Some of us here are the reason why most caucasian feel we still live in medieval time. The guy explained why hausa word for naira is on the note is solely for hausa people that don't understand english. And some people who their DNA has metamorphed with bigotry and relegious fanaticism can't even reason. CHAI!!! Nigeria is finished. This is the work of C.A.N. Most of us claim to be educated yet we can't even use our brain to reason something as simple as ABC. What of the yoruba and igbo word for money on the note. Why can't u people complain about that. Am a yoruba guy and I understand what that guy is trying to pass through.CAN is really working though, through ignorance,it is raising the next generation of lord resistance army fighters, who rather than demand good governance would prefer finding new fronts to fight Muslims. Any nation where people put bigotry and fanaticism before tolerance is doomed to be stagnated.
mumu Arabic is not hausa language they wrote those once in igbo n Yoruba language y not write it in hausa language or r u trying to tell me that an hausa person can read arabic bt cnt read hausa abi ofe mmanu
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by jomoh: 10:12pm On Nov 17, 2014
bakila:

There is BIBLE IN ARABIC LANGUAGE! Ignorant people learn.

Are you saying there's no Arabic Bible? Cos I don't understand your statement.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Mortiano(m): 10:12pm On Nov 17, 2014
vedaxcool:

Regardless of the bigot laden statements so far on the thread, this remains the main reason why Ajami was used on the naira note, CAN is really working though, through ignorance,it is raising the next generation of lord resistance army fighters, who rather than demand good governance would prefer finding new fronts to fight Muslims. Any nation where people put bigotry and fanaticism before tolerance is doomed to be stagnated.

yep, is better they find new fronts to might muslims. they cannot fold their hands any longer n watch muslim fanatic butcher them. the time is now, eye for an eye, tooth for tooth, if that is what is paining u, so b it

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by mrofficial(m): 10:14pm On Nov 17, 2014
omoiseselagba:
THIS MAN DESERVES A BOTTLE OF ORIJIN. YOU HAVE REALLY SPOKEN WELL.

Deserves what? Maclantunji doesn't see anything good from being liberated from the shackles of religion that has done more harm than good in Nigeria. You can predict his opinion on anything that doesn't favour his religion. Usually one direction. He needs to start reflecting on the other side to see the good gestures like this brings us.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by holatin(m): 10:14pm On Nov 17, 2014
Truckpusher:
See as e dey pain you. grin

Bunch of spineless cavemen hiding under Islam to perpetrate evil ,yet feign ignorance when superior arguments holds sway but angry over trivial issues. grin
Continue ranting about Americans accepting Islam yet they won't waste time in throwing you into gitmo bay with the slightest misunderstanding.
Cry on ,you're nothing but cry babies. tongue
thank God you said it yourself HIDING UNDER ISLAM TO PERPETRATE EVIL. dat all I need since even though you gullible you know there aren't real Muslim and don't follow ways of Islam.
point of correction am not ranting am only pointing out what some of ur brothers in Christian do says about us.
last bullet
am not a USA Freak am only defending my belief
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by karkel(m): 10:17pm On Nov 17, 2014
aljharem:
Good move

Btw English is not the Christian Language but Nigeria official language. Hebrew is the language.
abeg tell them

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Cubeet: 10:19pm On Nov 17, 2014
Nigerianistan
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by mzzhavilah(f): 10:21pm On Nov 17, 2014
kamilous:
some ppl are commenting out of ther hatred, how a well sane ppl would make such comment of islamization? I believe u can stand front wen d so called CAN gv u order to further disturb d peace of d country which u are practicing already,mind not hatred and say d reality@ who it may concern
. Y are u draging CAN into dis?and are u sure u want to kn who d nuisance and noisemakers are in d country? Cos I tink u already know and no one is speaking out of hatred cos u already know the body who hates even themselves and CAN isn't so called.tank God opinion like urs don't count cos after all u don't even kn d news dat carry front page.now its CAN dat disturb d peace wen ur kind dey disturb people emotionally,mentally and physically.factless and baseless comment u jus made.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 17, 2014
aumeehn:
must everybody believe what u believed to b ur brother whats d difference btwin u n boko haram

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by tola9ja: 10:22pm On Nov 17, 2014
KLand:

No...... Jesus doesn't exist in pictures. He is real in the hearts of believers.
IN THE HEART OF BELIEVER THAT HE IS A PROPHET SENT BY GOD TO THE PEOPLE OF ISRAEL
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by karkel(m): 10:22pm On Nov 17, 2014
maclatunji:

The essence of the currency is for people to use it, if you make it difficult for a good part of the people it is meant for to identify and use it, then you have only proven to be myopic.

I also find it funny that the opponents of the Arabic script are motivated by hate and to a lesser extent fear. Removing the scripts will not change their fear or reduce their hate. I find it amusing as a result.
blackman with sceneless argument,wait o dose it reduce note
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by 2mNaira: 10:24pm On Nov 17, 2014
wordcat:

How do u expect me to understand u?
How is naira iri abuo or ogun naira a latin word?

what he is saying is that the alphabetic characters used are of latin origin just like the numerals we use arr of arabic origin.

The language written on d naira is hausa but using arabic characters as opposed to latin characterd.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by kolanpas(m): 10:25pm On Nov 17, 2014
since Nigeria is a secular state. We should stop saturday and sunday holiday,since they are xtains days of worship. 2nd cross should b removed frm hosbital, since it is xtain symbol. Remember that Nigeria used to have holiday on sunday alone,it was yakubu gowan that inluded saturday because he was seventhday adventist

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by 151487made(m): 10:28pm On Nov 17, 2014
aumeehn:
guy take am easy now i b chriatain but plz just take am easy
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 17, 2014
It so happened that before the naija amalgamation,the official language in the north was Arabic.At least 17 of the 19 northern states were taught in Arabic before Missionaries came.Most Hausa people who cannot write in English can write in Arabic for easy transactions in the local markets and that's why even the non Hausa northerners can read and write in Hausa.

It should be noted that there was a complete administrative,political and a well articulated system of governance in the north and that was why the whites having seen this agreed to suggest and even prefer that Arabic inscription to show the value of money in the north be included.

If Christianity was taught in Hebrew in the south east and south south,so much that the people there knows how to write in Hebrew,I gez Hebrew would have been included.

It should also be noted that 70% of the south westerners are Muslims and can read simple Arabic written on the Naira.

I was thinking the xtians will emulate the Muslims ,the way they forcefully start going to Jerusalem for pilgrimage even though its not a pilar to them by advocating the inclusion of Hebrew since Jews are xtians(sorry are they?)

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by jomoh: 10:29pm On Nov 17, 2014
limamintruth:

Nonetheless, the arabic inscriptions on the naira notes are irrelevant now. We are no longer living in the olden days and northerners of today are more enlightened and knowlegeable in both hausa & english than they were 50yrs ago; thus, i still reiterate that your initial argument is very wrong.
And mind you it is the likes of vedaxcool & co. that provided religious colouration to the intent of the arabic inscriptions being written on the naira notes, not me. Comprend'e

Please, do I have to result to insults before I could drive home my point. Did I ever mention that its still relevant or do u just enjoy arguing out of context or you have problem understanding I simple statement.

All my arguments has being against bringing religion into the issue but you seems hell bent on dodging the main point.

And talking about vedaxcool. Did you check the front page at all was his comment on the first page at all. You are not only a religious bigot but worst of it you're an hypocrite. You need to get a life.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply)

Travel Box Given As Souvenirs At Fatima Dangote & Jamil Abubakar's Wedding / Football Betting: Season 2 / Start Your Own Boxers Business With N5, 000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.