Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,265 members, 7,887,771 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:36 PM

Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note - Business (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note (106158 Views)

Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note / Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note / Sanusi Did Not Re-introduce Arabic Inscriptions On Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by herrdeustch: 10:17am On Nov 18, 2014
Bros dont you know that naira goma is in hausa language? FYI
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Timijo(m): 10:18am On Nov 18, 2014
aumeehn:
Fool get a life!
It is a foolish person that derives pleasure in killing other people and that is what you are.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Idrismusty97(m): 10:18am On Nov 18, 2014
Built2last:

The dementedness and idiocy of your person smells to high heavens. the golden rule states that you must not do to others what you wouldnt want them to do to you. If Emefiele had removed the inscription and replaced it with a Hebrew writing, We will have the whole north burning by now. Why must the inscription be in the currency in the first place? Is Nigeria not a secular state. Dont allow me face you and expose the northern avarice and monopoly over the years.
Why are you all shouting secular secular, That Arabic writing doesn't have anything to do with religion. No country hate Muslims more than China, Islam/Ramadan is even banned but look at their currency. Why is they Arabic inscription on thr Chinese currency? Just like the Hausas the Uyghurs ethic minority in China preferred to use the Arabic scripts. Since you hate anything arabs so much go and remove the inscription in one of the top currency in the world that may likely overtake the dollars as the international currency. People like you are the ones celebrating Anti-gay laws when thousands of rapïst roam the streets, we are more concern pm what adults do in beds. Now why is China leagues ahead of us? Your guess is as good as mine.
http://www2m.biglobe.ne.jp/~ZenTech/money/banknote/en_p02_china.htm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by 2mNaira: 10:19am On Nov 18, 2014
Ilekeh:
Very dumb move.

Nigeria belongs to all. If English is on the note, why take out arabic when one of our largest ethnicity speaks it?

Shoit happens in third-world countries.

The stated statistic is a cry from the truth.Not all hausas are muslim, not all northerners are hausa, but all northerners speak hausa.

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by apogeez(m): 10:20am On Nov 18, 2014
just came to read comments. grin
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by godoluwa(m): 10:26am On Nov 18, 2014
every sensible person will agree with me that this is not an issue that calls for discussion or debate. Arabic is not Nigerian official language even some Northerner cant speak or write arabic language. Moreover, our old parent who cant read or write in any languge still recognize each of Nigerian currency denomination

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 18, 2014
major466:

Well said. Fulani attack on communities in the middle belt is part of the islamization agenda. The Fulani violence is another form of Boko Haram operating differently through barbarism. Some these people have lost their humanity.

Exactly!
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by 2mNaira: 10:38am On Nov 18, 2014
Redstone:

I don't understand Arabic, but I want to ask this question, "what does the Arabic inscription really mean? Does it indicate the value of the note? Like telling how much the paper note is worth. If it doesn't tell how much the paper note is worth, then I think it should be trashed from our currency. We can't just have an Arabic inscription that means something else other than 50, 100, 500 or 1,000 NAIRA. In conclusion, most northerner can understand Hausa anywhere it is spoken or written.
The writing in ajami states d monetary value of the note.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by 2mNaira: 10:46am On Nov 18, 2014
wordcat:

But you bi Aboki sha?

I am yoruba.i have never been to d north in my life.There is no notherner or muslim in my ancestrl linage.I am just helping u understand what he has been trying to tell u.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by 2mNaira: 10:46am On Nov 18, 2014
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by akpanbaba: 10:55am On Nov 18, 2014
Good move.Is this not the same language Mallam Shekau is using?.The language is equal to bloodshed .Just check anywhere the language is in use ,there must be war ,bloodshed,violence,bombing .Kai this language is bad on currency note and this explains why naira is not stable.

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Funkadict(m): 10:55am On Nov 18, 2014
ransomed:
Some blood thirsty religionists can wake up tomorrow morning and start killing. Please, let us allow peace to reign so that they wont have any reason to exterminate people. Thanks.

I just hope those whose religion has always done the killings will be able to agree with your wise idea. I doubt if their religion agrees with peace for other religions except theirs.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by wordcat(m): 11:01am On Nov 18, 2014
mnairaland:

I am yoruba.i have never been to d north in my life.There is no notherner or muslim in my ancestrl linage.I am just helping u understand what he has been trying to tell u.

You've to help urself first before helping others to understand.
How can you say that Igbos and Yorubas are using Latin alphabets?
Igbo alphabet is called Nsibidi not Latin so do the needful by asking your brothers what you call ur alphabet in Yoruba.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by semoly(m): 11:16am On Nov 18, 2014
wordcat:

Igbo alphabet is called Nsibidi not Latin so do the needful by asking your brothers what you call ur alphabet in Yoruba.
this are yoruba alphabet. Not Latin

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by jimbod19: 11:21am On Nov 18, 2014
I am at lost why Nigeria leaders alway leave elephants to pursue ants. Please,anyone with ajami or 'waitin dem call am' wey people no want, con pack am give me. I no how to spend am even naa chinese language dey there.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by wordcat(m): 11:22am On Nov 18, 2014
semoly:

What makes it a Latin alphabet?
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Akainzo(m): 11:30am On Nov 18, 2014
asala1:

I am sure you are. I grew up in the northern part of Nigeria, in 1992 my best friend's dad was slaughter in their presence, their mum was beaten until they thought she was dead. All because they were Christians. They were the only Christians living in a block of 8 flats, their flat was at the extreme end, they came to only their flat and kill his dad in their presence. In ABU Zaria (Kongo campus), a catholic church that has been there for more that 30 years was to be rebuilt, the management of the school refused and instead pull it down to plant flowers. Not to mention countless number of churches that has been burnt in the north and even those on campus. Can you count how many Christians that has been attacked for no reason other than they are Christians? You must be kidding bro.

Not sure which Kongo Campus of ABU you are referring to, however the one in Zaria where I did my Masters definitely has a very big Catholic Church right in the middle of Kongo Campus.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Sabotage4700(m): 11:33am On Nov 18, 2014
foolishness is the root of all evil. it was dya b4 y remove it. if not that they are looking 4 trouble. this is just d beginning of the bombing. . una neva c anything return d ajami b4 its too late.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by amunites19(m): 11:35am On Nov 18, 2014
No need for arguments about this, if sardauna is alive I believe he will approve the removal of the hausa ajami at this time, the reason for it was because most of Hausa people can not read english alphabets or numbers unlike southerners during amalgamation period of Nigeria because white people already stayed for a long time in south before going to north and arabic already has been established in the north, it was approved by even leaders from south at that time, But now most of the people in the north can read the hausa english or the numerical.
But we should always try to be doing thing politely and try to be explaining to our people our reason of doing things they may understand, most people argue because they don't known.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by 2mNaira: 11:36am On Nov 18, 2014
wordcat:

I am learnt igbo in sec sch and i know that they are not written in Nsibidi.

Pls refer to this thread form morr info:

https://www.nairaland.com/2002137/nsibidi-original-nigerian-writing-script

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Sabotage4700(m): 11:39am On Nov 18, 2014
if dem dash money covered on Arabic no spend am oo... talk say na Muslim only or northerners only money. #ur brokenness ehn! no b here e dey.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by wordcat(m): 11:39am On Nov 18, 2014
mnairaland:

I am learnt igbo in sec sch and i know that they are not written in Nsibidi.

Pls refer to this thread form morr info:

https://www.nairaland.com/2002137/nsibidi-original-nigerian-writing-script

I've nothing to do with that thread. Igbo words are not written in Latin alphabets QED
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by MuhammaduJesus(m): 11:43am On Nov 18, 2014
wordcat:

Nsibidi ko nsibi gini ni.Yoruba,Igbo and Hausa are written in Latin orthogragh,I mean using A,B,C etc with some modification. U better learn before u comment. Hausa and Yoruba when written in Ajami while Igbo was written in Nsibidi(symbolic language with strokes like shorthand) before the white monkeys came with latin orthogragh.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by 2mNaira: 11:54am On Nov 18, 2014
semoly:

I am a software developer.When u are developing software for a foreign country u tell ur program to use an appropriate character set.
european languages use character set that are of latin prigin be it english german etc. eastern countries like china use character set of different origin.

Because we were colonized by europeans, we africans have chosen to use characterset that is of latin origin as was done by the europeans.

Any language that is written with characte r that consist of alphabets a b c d e f g h i etc or their variant , uses latin character set to express itslanguage.

Here are some other chara ter set:
ض ق فب ى ش ة ز ح

ቸበነመለፈጨ ሐ ኘ ዠጀ ፈ ነ ኸበ ለ

As u will readily see, nigerian languages are written with latin character set.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by 2mNaira: 11:55am On Nov 18, 2014
semoly:
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 18, 2014
Allant Nansence.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Ilekeh(f): 12:39pm On Nov 18, 2014
mnairaland:

The stated statistic is a cry from the truth.Not all hausas are muslim, not all northerners are hausa, but all northerners speak hausa.

But many still speak Arabic in the north. So why take it away from those that do?

You guys are confusing northern hatred with liberation. You want to stop islamization of Nigeria and boko haram? Stop alienating northerners.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by otubujohn(m): 12:49pm On Nov 18, 2014
maclatunji:

The essence of the currency is for people to use it, if you make it difficult for a good part of the people it is meant for to identify and use it, then you have only proven to be myopic.

I also find it funny that the opponents of the Arabic script are motivated by hate and to a lesser extent fear. Removing the scripts will not change their fear or reduce their hate. I find it amusing as a result.
It would appear even to the blind that your main reason for holding such a "myopic" perspective is not only because of contradictions in your philosophy but an severe representation of acute fanaticism. I would not have savoured greatly the intention of justifying the removal of the Arabic inscriptions, but the pleasure of pure logic obliges me to learn you what is right. Every nation has her official language. The official language of Nigerian is known to me and you as English. So why do you find it appropriate to inscribe such religion motivated inscriptions in the currency of a nation where English is the lingua franca. I hopefully await your response
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by BABSIN(m): 12:55pm On Nov 18, 2014
[quote author=bright8 post=28098082][/quote]

Nigeria is a country that has her unity in her diversity. Anjami or call it arabic is the only inscription a some certain NIGERIANs can read or understand and for currency to be a legal tender it must be acceptable to all. Make no mistake, Western education is not the only form of education prevalent in the country and it is common with most of us in the South to think the only language and inscription is English Alphabet. Same way most people sit in the north thinking the whole country is understand Anjami.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by FILUX(m): 12:55pm On Nov 18, 2014
I like the idea,but they should also give value to naira.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2014
Why was it even there in the first place? Stupid northern bigots!

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Travel Box Given As Souvenirs At Fatima Dangote & Jamil Abubakar's Wedding / Football Betting: Season 2 / Start Your Own Boxers Business With N5, 000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.