Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,605 members, 7,888,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:41 PM

Exclusive: Boko Haram Begins Recruitment Of Yoruba Youths - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exclusive: Boko Haram Begins Recruitment Of Yoruba Youths (3821 Views)

Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March / SURE-P Begins Recruitment Of 3,000 Youths In Ekiti / Boko Haram Begins Manhunt For Members That ‘betrayed’ Abul Qaqa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exclusive: Boko Haram Begins Recruitment Of Yoruba Youths by bcomputer101: 8:34pm On Nov 17, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
I almost believed the OP has a brain...

Yes he have a brain

BUT

Fish must have done party with his brain...
Re: Exclusive: Boko Haram Begins Recruitment Of Yoruba Youths by omokab: 8:43pm On Nov 17, 2014
I think the OP must be high on something.Looking at the write up it make no sense at all. Yoruba Muslim in the north,the politician dump them after using them for election in the south west,they don't have anything. Doing after the election etc.Is it the thurg the politicians used in south west that now run to the north to join boko so that they can get money or do what?definitely you are a fool and a disgrace to your family as well including those supporting you.This is how you people will just be creating proplem hear and there without knownig what will come out of it.
Re: Exclusive: Boko Haram Begins Recruitment Of Yoruba Youths by donphiIopus(m): 8:45pm On Nov 17, 2014
Mogidi:
I hope those who support (for political expediency) the evil work of bokoharam in the north also put same zeal in supporting them in the SW.

Thats why my party apc remains an evil party

3 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Boko Haram Begins Recruitment Of Yoruba Youths by michelz: 8:49pm On Nov 17, 2014
The easiest way for BH to infiltrate the southern zone of the country is through the middle belt/north central zone. Nobody should dismiss this thread as nonsense - especially the Yorubas. If BH can recruit people in the North central zone states like Kogi,Kwara,Plateau and Benue states,that means they've practically infiltrated the whole country,since most of these states have boundaries with other southern states and have a good number of Muslims;this will ease their plan better. This is a time for unity of the SW and SE,SS people. This is a time the SW and SE need each other more than ever. Infact,i advocate for a meeting of leaders in these aforementioned zones to discuss this very important issue.

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive: Boko Haram Begins Recruitment Of Yoruba Youths by michelz: 8:50pm On Nov 17, 2014
The easiest way for BH to infiltrate the southern zone of the country is through the middle belt/north central zone. Nobody should dismiss this thread as nonsense - especially the Yorubas. If BH can recruit people in the North central zone states like Kogi,Kwara,Plateau and Benue states,that means they've practically infiltrated the whole country,since most of these states have boundaries with other southern states and have a good number of Muslims;this will ease their plan better. This is a time for unity of the SW and SE,SS people. This is a time the SW and SE need each other more than ever. Infact,i advocate for a meeting of leaders in these aforementioned zones to discuss this very important issue.
Re: Exclusive: Boko Haram Begins Recruitment Of Yoruba Youths by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 17, 2014
michelz:
I strongly disagree,the SE &SW are not compatible hence they shld join there fellow cow like northerners
Re: Exclusive: Boko Haram Begins Recruitment Of Yoruba Youths by michelz: 9:07pm On Nov 17, 2014
ofiafuluego:

I strongly disagree,the SE &SW are not compatible hence they shld join there fellow cow like northerners
so how will you protect the SE states when the insurgents infiltrate states like Kogi,knowing fully well they have borders with SE? What plans do you have on ground?
Re: Exclusive: Boko Haram Begins Recruitment Of Yoruba Youths by Litmus: 9:10pm On Nov 17, 2014
Was arguing with a guy who was once fervently seventh level deep Afrocentric, he'd become disillusioned over the years.

Let's go back:

During the period when black on black gun killing suddenly rose in the UK inner cities. As time went on it was discovered among other things that guns were being pored into these areas from Eastern Europe. In the thinking of Afrocentric types, this development drew parallels with how it was thought that the whites in control of producing music in America subverted the Rap genera from one which was positive or political into one that was nihilistic and misogynistic, thus further worsening gang violence. During this time, the Oliver North congressional enquirers brought out of the shadows something that had been rumored in black intellectual circles -namely that White authorities were responsible for introduced the drug culture that so distorted African America society. The Oliver North inquiry revealed that the CIA partly funded their activities in Central America through monies accrued by introducing and selling Crack Cocaine to blacks.

So the argument was one blaming Whites for Black Brits gunning themselves feverishly in the inner cities. Not only was it felt that Eastern Europeans brought the guns but it was felt that the British police brought hardened Killers from Jamaica to work covertly for them by infiltrating British underworld. It was an ill thought-trough plan for these Jamaicans went on to commit many killings, adding to the appealing death rates

Jesus, why all the stuff i wrote? Well because the disillusioned Afrocentric guy turned around and shouted at me, yelling, 'Alright, so whites introduced many of the guns and drugs, but did we have to use them on ourselves?'

What does this have to do with Bokoharam or the OP? Well, nothing, except that -sure the Saudis, France and so on may be the forces behind these murderers but the murderers are all Ethnics!! Africa is where it is today because Africa if full of people with bad minds, Africans hate progress unless they are the ones progressing, they are twisted and bitter- imagine instead of being proud of Nigeria and wishing her to progress they want her destroyed. Whites are not to blame...ultimately. For Africa to progress Africa most think like one aspect of Nigerians which is rear in Africa. This Aspect is the Nigerian one that celebrates the success of others.

I apologies for all grammatical errors, i simply typed this in one go on the fly and I'm not going to edit it
Re: Exclusive: Boko Haram Begins Recruitment Of Yoruba Youths by arsetalks(m): 9:13pm On Nov 17, 2014
This is what you get when a regarded idiot did some evil calculation and things if he allows unrest in the opposition's stronghold will allow him coast home to victory in next election.

It is shameful that what started by a set of misguided bullet drunk bastards has been allowed to get to this level by a man we wrongly trusted to rule the affairs of the nation.

So shameful.
Re: Exclusive: Boko Haram Begins Recruitment Of Yoruba Youths by arsetalks(m): 9:17pm On Nov 17, 2014
Francis5:
Duh! It was only a matter of time. We saw this coming, given the islamization of SW by Tinubu and Aregbesola.

In addition, one Hakeem Jamiu wrote several years ago on the growth of Almajirism in Yorubaland.

https://www.nairaland.com/1382709/emerging-trend-social-almajiri-sw

Coupled with the death of Adedibu who used to feed the hungry Yoruba almajiris (with Amala and Gbegiri) daily, thereby keeping them away from terrorism and other evil activities.

https://www.nairaland.com/144715/amala-politics-arisekola-alao-replaces-adedibu

And with this goes (into the cesspit of hell fire) the fake claim of ''Yoruba do not care about religion.''

In the end, Igbos (who invest outside Igboland) would be the biggest losers.
You need to get a bricklayer to check your brain, asap.
Re: Exclusive: Boko Haram Begins Recruitment Of Yoruba Youths by Mckennedy: 9:53pm On Nov 17, 2014
Yoruba boko haram....odikwa too risky 4 southern 9ja .
Re: Exclusive: Boko Haram Begins Recruitment Of Yoruba Youths by Vulu: 9:58pm On Nov 17, 2014
OFCOURSE THE YORUBA MODS LIKE OAM4J WILL HIDE THIS VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE THAT IS ACTUALLY A WAKE-UP CALL FOR SOUTHERN NIGERIA AND PRETEND LIKE IT'S NOTHING UNTIL WE HEAR THE NEXT KABOOM! ON 3RD MAINLAND BRIDGE.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Boko Haram Begins Recruitment Of Yoruba Youths by Yujin(m): 5:22am On Nov 18, 2014
This is not suprising at all. I'll make some revelations that will help many people understand a lot about the Yoruba people.
Back in the days in northern Nigeria, I and my colleagues know of some Yoruba muslims(mostly youth) who joined the Hausa/Fulani arsonists to fight Christians during the ethno-religious crises there. One of them was known as Abdulfatai, a bicycle repairer. He was always at the forefront of their offensive- whether out of passion or forcefully positioned, we couldn't tell. But I personally believe he was doing it to impress because he lived amongst them. Off course, he didn't survive to tell his story.
Now, it is common knowledge in the north that the Yorubas don't have a common front when fighting during the many religious riots- some fight on the muslim side others on the christian side. Many of them are as fluidy as water- very willing to change their religion if they are trapped within the region opposite to their faith. However, while the christians do tolerate Yoruba muslims(because we know that they are peace-loving), the Hausa/Fulani muslims don't tolerate even the peaceful Yoruba muslims. These people use fear and intimidation to force Yoruba people into joining them to wage war against Christians and because of the nature of the Yorubas, they readily give in. This is exactly the reason why the Yorubas joined the north during the Biafran war. The late Awolowo maintained neutrality until he was threatened to be ready to forfeit a one-mile corridor from Offa(Kwara state) to Lagos for them to have access to the sea. This was the major reason why the Awolowo led the Yorubas to fight against Biafra. What hurts some of us was that Awolowo and his likes had to find another reason to blame the Igbos for them joining the war. For instance, saying that the Igbos wanted to invade Yorubaland yet the one commanding the Biafran forces was of Yoruba origin who was well known to Awolowo. This is a similar posture OBJ is taking presently.
With the OP's story, I see the same trend of the muslim north trying to draw the west into their fight. They have forged APC- a political weapon which has brought the north and west together and presently boko haram- the militant wing which so far has been a northern thing.
Will the Yorubas make the Hausa/Fulani selfish fight for power their fight again? Only time will tell and this time around, the antagonists have lost a sizable part of their hitherto large army ala the Middle belt.
We are watching.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive: Boko Haram Begins Recruitment Of Yoruba Youths by olalekan1(m): 10:26am On Nov 26, 2014
Yujin:
This is not suprising at all. I'll make some revelations that will help many people understand a lot about the Yoruba people.
Back in the days in northern Nigeria, I and my colleagues know of some Yoruba muslims(mostly youth) who joined the Hausa/Fulani arsonists to fight Christians during the ethno-religious crises there. One of them was known as Abdulfatai, a bicycle repairer. He was always at the forefront of their offensive- whether out of passion or forcefully positioned, we couldn't tell. But I personally believe he was doing it to impress because he lived amongst them. Off course, he didn't survive to tell his story.
Now, it is common knowledge in the north that the Yorubas don't have a common front when fighting during the many religious riots- some fight on the muslim side others on the christian side. Many of them are as fluidy as water- very willing to change their religion if they are trapped within the region opposite to their faith. However, while the christians do tolerate Yoruba muslims(because we know that they are peace-loving), the Hausa/Fulani muslims don't tolerate even the peaceful Yoruba muslims. These people use fear and intimidation to force Yoruba people into joining them to wage war against Christians and because of the nature of the Yorubas, they readily give in. This is exactly the reason why the Yorubas joined the north during the Biafran war. The late Awolowo maintained neutrality until he was threatened to be ready to forfeit a one-mile corridor from Offa(Kwara state) to Lagos for them to have access to the sea. This was the major reason why the Awolowo led the Yorubas to fight against Biafra. What hurts some of us was that Awolowo and his likes had to find another reason to blame the Igbos for them joining the war. For instance, saying that the Igbos wanted to invade Yorubaland yet the one commanding the Biafran forces was of Yoruba origin who was well known to Awolowo. This is a similar posture OBJ is taking presently.
With the OP's story, I see the same trend of the muslim north trying to draw the west into their fight. They have forged APC- a political weapon which has brought the north and west together and presently boko haram- the militant wing which so far has been a northern thing.
Will the Yorubas make the Hausa/Fulani selfish fight for power their fight again? Only time will tell and this time around, the antagonists have lost a sizable part of their hitherto large army ala the Middle belt.
We are watching.
I can only smell small sense in your write up. The society is now civilised and nobody dare force Yoruba to do anything now, this is not the time of awolowo or obasanjo, military is no more in power. Moreover, what is your fact that Muslims in the north are the ones behind Boko Haram? when they happened to be the most hit victims of the insurgency and there is clear evidence that the perpetrators are from our neighbouring country.
Re: Exclusive: Boko Haram Begins Recruitment Of Yoruba Youths by orimsamsam(m): 11:13am On Nov 26, 2014
Yujin:
We are watching.
. The problem with you is that you are too tribal and religious sentimental. Yoruba muslim and christian live together because of the tolerance and peace between them. Your writeup show that yoruba are coward which as a result of ur duluded mentality. It was because of the tacticality of the yoruba generals dat won the war for nigeria. Why will the yorubas support the igbos wen will do not believe in your curse. Biafran cause there downfall wen they started advancing to ore(southwest). The yorubas had to prevent there region thereby blowing away the ore bridge
Re: Exclusive: Boko Haram Begins Recruitment Of Yoruba Youths by Akinsz: 11:21am On Nov 26, 2014
Ihejierika at work. A dey laugh o...
Re: Exclusive: Boko Haram Begins Recruitment Of Yoruba Youths by Akinsz: 11:29am On Nov 26, 2014
Only a mugu will believe this write up.
Re: Exclusive: Boko Haram Begins Recruitment Of Yoruba Youths by funkybully(f): 11:39am On Nov 26, 2014
Can slave have say before master other than prostrate like below.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Saw This Inside The Office Of Commissioner Of Lagos Office. / Tinubu... Our Next President 2023. / From Indications Obaseki Will Be Sworn In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.