Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,957 members, 7,906,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 01:22 PM

Internet-enabled Desktop Applications - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Internet-enabled Desktop Applications (511 Views)

Internet-enabled Pillow Connects Long-Distance Lovers / Cities In Nigeria Where Mtn 3gp Is Enabled / Multilinks Mobile And Table Phone For Sale. (internet Enabled) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Internet-enabled Desktop Applications by chim14(m): 11:01pm On Nov 17, 2014
Hello! Nairalanders. I'm glad to be back after sometime off.

The I.T industry in Nigeria, is all about Internet(Web), Website, Website WEBSITE! This is ok because of the ability to access your data from anywhere.

SO WHAT'S HAPPENING TO OUR DESKTOP(NATIVE) PROGRAMS?

Many people consider desktop programs as local, with no ubiquitous properties. My clients will always say "I want an ONLINE version". Then I would start to crack my head with PHP, Javascript, Ajax, JSON, nodjs and all kinds of web excreta and urine.

As a Software Researcher, i have started a revolution in that course which is, MAKING DESKTOP PROGRAMS WEB-ENABLED following the example of Skype which is an Internet-enabled desktop and mobile based app.

Recently, I got feed up of Browser based programs due to poor internet connectivity of our Nigerian Internet-Provider.

Anytime I want to open my mail for instance, I have to type the URL and WAIT. Ok o, if I login, I have to wait again - VERY BORING. So as a programmer(Not for mouth), I had to build my own customized Email desktop program and I developed a method of QUICK LOGIN.

Meaning that a user don't need to wait for boring minutes(when internet connectivity is fair or low) before he can login and send someone an email(You just type your email and password and login in a split second and start to type your message).

When internet connectivity is low, my Email program sends mails(even with attachments), FASTER THAN THE SO CALLED BROWSER BASED VERSION I am not boasting, I've tried it for myself. Compare this to the browser-based counterpart that requires your mails to finish loading before you can compose and send anything - HOW RIDICULUS AND FRUSTRATING!

My creation has GREATLY RELIEVED me from not opening my browser, anytime I want to send an email to someone.

This experience has consequently channeled my attention and vision of making all my desktop programs Internet-enabled and not just focusing on the frenzy and mad rush of just browser-based apps that you commonly see around.

So my dear programmers, na so I see am o!
My software research continues............

Email: chimsgraphic@gmail.com
Re: Internet-enabled Desktop Applications by Nobody: 3:45am On Nov 18, 2014
Im in decimals, Still trying to get ur point

(1) (Reply)

Must Read:glo Dashing Out Surprises / Check The Full List Of 2015 GRAMMY Award Winners! / Microsoft Window 10 Comes With New Default Browser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.