Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,900 members, 7,918,930 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 05:43 PM

Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced (35623 Views)

Nokia Launches N1 Android Tablet Running Lollipop / Nokia Launches N1 Android Tablet Running Android Os 5 / How To Use Whatsapp On An Android Tablet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by Nobody: 3:56am On Nov 19, 2014
FOR MORE NOKIA N1 FEATURES, PHONE AND SPECIFICATIONS CLICK HERE

http://bestmanblog.com/nokia-launches-n1-android-tablet-running-android-os-5/
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by IamDavid(m): 6:07am On Nov 19, 2014
Business men in the house, pls try and get this product into Nigeria as soon as possible. Once it's around 40k, you can be sure that you will make great sales. I'll definately get one. Abi pple no dey see wetin I dey see ni, d tab is great in all aspects.
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 19, 2014
Habeebpain:

A tablet is not meant for taking pictures, when I see people doing that at parties, I term them bush people. A tablet is not meant for recording .The camera is just there in case you need to take pictures you need to send to someone while working or for use with certain apps such as camscanner.

Foxconn manufactures for several companies including Apple and their factories are in China, India, Czech republic, Brazil etc. They're an ODM (original design manufacturer). What they do is assemble/manufacture the parts that make up a particular phone. Take for example the iPhone; let's say the processor comes in from Samsung, camera from Sony, screen from Sharp etc. The Foxconn factory then assembles the phone and ships it to the warehouse of the client.

Now they've started making their own devices, but while it'll take time for them to build a brand name, they go into a deal with a known client and brand the device in their name. Maintenance, updates and support will be handled by the company whose name is on the device.
Now wouldn't you rather buy a Nokia tablet than a Foxconn one? That's what goes on behind the scenes.
There are lots of design manufacturers in Asia. If you're very familiar with phones, you'll notice that a particular phone with the same design may have two different brand names in different parts of the world. Try checking out Tecno phones and the Indian phone company Micromax, another example is Gionee and the American company Blu.
As long as the company enters into an agreement not to penetrate into each other's markets everything will be fine. All they have to do is make some few adjustments like Frequency bands as it varies from country to country.

And to the dude comparing Tecno to Nokia, they'll never be on the same levels. I'll take Tecno serious when they have a Research and development team like Nokia. You think it's moi moi to put a 2.3GHz Intel processor in your device? Tecno can't pull that kind of weight yet. tongue

A tablet is not meant for taking pictures, when I see people doing that at parties, I term them bush people. A tablet is not meant for recording .The camera is just there in case you need to take pictures you need to send to someone while working or for use with certain apps such as camscanner.

Foxconn manufactures for several companies including Apple and their factories are in China, India, Czech republic, Brazil etc. They're an ODM (original design manufacturer). What they do is assemble/manufacture the parts that make up a particular phone. Take for example the iPhone; let's say the processor comes in from Samsung, camera from Sony, screen from Sharp etc. The Foxconn factory then assembles the phone and ships it to the warehouse of the client.

Now they've started making their own devices, but while it'll take time for them to build a brand name, they go into a deal with a known client and brand the device in their name. Maintenance, updates and support will be handled by the company whose name is on the device.
Now wouldn't you rather buy a Nokia tablet than a Foxconn one? That's what goes on behind the scenes.
There are lots of design manufacturers in Asia. If you're very familiar with phones, you'll notice that a particular phone with the same design may have two different brand names in different parts of the world. Try checking out Tecno phones and the Indian phone company Micromax, another example is Gionee and the American company Blu.
As long as the company enters into an agreement not to penetrate into each other's markets everything will be fine. All they have to do is make some few adjustments like Frequency bands as it varies from country to country.

And to the dude comparing Tecno to Nokia, they'll never be on the same levels. I'll take Tecno serious when they have a Research and development team like Nokia. You think it's moi moi to put a 2.3GHz Intel processor in your device? Tecno can't pull that kind of weight yet.

Dude good write up buh at least there's need for a flash light dazzal.
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by mikk3448(m): 7:46am On Nov 19, 2014
frankobaba:
$249...?

Does it come with inbuilt fridge?
Or inbuilt ATM machine?

Abeg where my tecno tab de sef...

#Team TECNO
chairman no let d dollar sign decieve u dats price is prety fair
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by mikk3448(m): 7:53am On Nov 19, 2014
mifavour:
I hope its works fine. I honestly think Nokia shud stick to their java and symbian stuff
if techno can do it den nokia can do mch beta besides andriod is Jst an OS
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by Hotdiamond(m): 7:57am On Nov 19, 2014
mikk3448:
chairman no let d dollar sign decieve u dats price is prety fair
ya.
45k tops
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by Habeebpain(m): 8:08am On Nov 19, 2014
chikis:
Abeg make una educate me here. Can the tablet do the work of a laptop? For example, corel draw, paint, etc.

If you want a tablet that can do that, you're better off buying a galaxy note or the surface pro.
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by Habeebpain(m): 8:13am On Nov 19, 2014
IamDavid:
Business men in the house, pls try and get this product into Nigeria as soon as possible. Once it's around 40k, you can be sure that you will make great sales. I'll definately get one. Abi pple no dey see wetin I dey see ni, d tab is great in all aspects.

Oga I hope you're not dreaming. To sell a $249 dollar tablet at 40k? What exchange rate did you use? Did you consider shipping charges? That tablet can't sell for less than 55k.
I hope you know that it's a Wi-Fi only model. So a LTE version will be close to 70k.
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by tope24(m): 10:33am On Nov 19, 2014
Polyflexzy:

itz nt abt hvin an ipad. Apple has so much limitations already. I bet yu, i will prefer an android OS over apple's iOS anytym anyday anywhr

i agree with you sir. The thing is apple has limited its connectivity to ios or other apple devices alone. It creeps me out that instead of getting a file from a friend's phone, i'd still need to convert it.

1 Like

Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by agent9(m): 10:41am On Nov 19, 2014
frankobaba:
$249...?

Does it come with inbuilt fridge?
Or inbuilt ATM machine?

Abeg where my tecno tab de sef...

#Team TECNO

Lol oooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by francis1909: 11:34am On Nov 19, 2014
Looks like Nokia has finally realized their mistakes welcome back Nokia to the Android world
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by limociano007(m): 1:15pm On Nov 19, 2014
Promhize:
Nokia Z launcher? Isn't that the same rubbish on their Nokia x phones?

If u nor know ask ok, stop spitting nonsense outta ya mouth
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 19, 2014
limociano007:

If u nor know ask ok, stop spitting nonsense outta ya mouth

Sorry Mr nokia
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 19, 2014
Habeebpain:

Oga I hope you're not dreaming. To sell a $249 dollar tablet at 40k? What exchange rate did you use? Did you consider shipping charges? That tablet can't sell for less than 55k.
I hope you know that it's a Wi-Fi only model. So a LTE version will be close to 70k.

Nokia isn't serious with their android project. Their nokia x range of devices is a joke to say the least, I don't really expect this to be different.

They should have swallowed their pride and made great android devices, now they are dead and we are left with overpriced Samsung plastics
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by Habeebpain(m): 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2014
Promhize:

Nokia isn't serious with their android project. Their nokia x range of devices is a joke to say the least, I don't really expect this to be different.

They should have swallowed their pride and made great android devices, now they are dead and we are left with overpriced Samsung plastics

Yeah. The Nokia X line of phones didn't hit home and that's because it was a modified version of Android just like Amazon's. Now I think this is different, it states that it runs lollipop with a Nokia Z launcher overlay. Even if it doesn't support Google apps, there'll be a workaround. It just needs a dedicated and large fan base.
I'm trusting that the tablet will succeed.
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by babtunsk(m): 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2014
Juenwume:
how much is apple tablet in nigerian naira?
Anoda country dey use naira?? shocked
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by OkochaHaliday(m): 8:24pm On Nov 19, 2014
Dats a gud one@ nokia
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by cupidhero(m): 1:47am On Nov 20, 2014
ApexTitan:

How did you arrive at this conclusion? (The line in boldface)

Nokia decided to adopt the MS OS after it had entered into troubled straits. The MS move was a means to save the business but amazingly here on Nairaland it has been twisted into something else.

These days everybody is a telecom analyst on NL. SMH
no vex i no go form analyst again.
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by Feranmicharles(m): 7:04am On Nov 20, 2014
klem93:
thought i saw a link that nokia is not doing phone anymore here?
and is it that they DO phone or MAKE it? undecided
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by MuyiwaMike(m): 7:17pm On Nov 20, 2014
Habeebpain:

If you want a tablet that can do that, you're better off buying a galaxy note or the surface pro.
yeah man,I wud recommend samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition..dat tab is d bomb,I'm using d sm p605 4g variant..it has displaced my laptop 4rm d 1st day I bought it..surface pro 3 has great specs too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) / Tecno P5 - An Upgrade Of Tecno P3 / Favorite Wap Sites And What You Can Get Off Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.