Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,756 members, 7,952,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:42 AM

If Jesus Was A Pastor In Nigeria How Many Cars Would He Have? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Jesus Was A Pastor In Nigeria How Many Cars Would He Have? (806 Views)

Like Ethiopia, Like Nigeria: How China Helped Ethiopia Economy. / Dele Momodu Is Next Ooni Of Ife, Says Nigerian Pastor In Ghana / Governor Kashim Shettima Convoy Attacked In Maiduguri, Many Cars Destroyed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Jesus Was A Pastor In Nigeria How Many Cars Would He Have? by ugborikoko(m): 1:01pm On Nov 26, 2008
Buying private Jets, riding in the best of cars, living the life of an elite, these have become trade marks of pastors in Nigeria. Not that driving in good cars, living gorgeously is so wrong, but it begs the question of why Pastors have to be this wealthy.

Is this extraordinary wealth a blessing from God? Jesus most valuable item in the bible were the clothes he had on at his death. If money was to be a trade mark of men of God, surely Jesus would have be thye richest man ever in the history of man.

I suspect great hyppocrisy exists in the christain religious circles. I suspect that God may not really be backing these "men of God", that people are being duped every month for their tithes. If this is true, then its very possible that false prophets actually walk the land of Nigeria, leading people not to God but in the opposite direction.

If Jesus was a Pastor in Nigeria i have a strong feeling he would not own a very luxurious car, not to speak of a private Jet or Jets.

What do you think?
Re: If Jesus Was A Pastor In Nigeria How Many Cars Would He Have? by chidichris(m): 1:48pm On Nov 26, 2008
here is a political forum and not a religious forum.
Jesus if u are well informed rode on a horse which invariably was the most expensive means of transportation then so relate it to what is obtainable today.
if u lack topics to post here, tell me you local govt area, state or geopolitical zone so that i can guide u on political issues that are related to ur area.
on the other hand, u can post issues of topics of the moment, ribadu and obama.
Re: If Jesus Was A Pastor In Nigeria How Many Cars Would He Have? by MrCrackles(m): 1:50pm On Nov 26, 2008
Okere old skool renault

Ijapa old school volkswagen!

grin
Re: If Jesus Was A Pastor In Nigeria How Many Cars Would He Have? by Jakumo(m): 2:13pm On Nov 26, 2008
Without exception, Nigeria's most wealthy preachers and pastors are simply con-men and fraudsters who promise great wealth in the here-after in exchange for as much cash as their congregations can cough up in the here and now.  These predatory preachers grow fat and obscenely rich as they capitalize both on the desperation of the poor who pay through the nose for false hopes of better days in God's bosom, and on the vanity of the wealthy who seek heavenly approval by sharing some of the proceeds of their criminal enterprises with God's self-proclaimed messengers.

Within the so-called secular democracy to which Nigeria lays claim, these profiteers in clergy robes are given free rein to use FEDERAL highways as parking lots during their frequent God-fests, trapping ALL motorists in 5 to 12-hour gridlock traffic jams during which accidents and armed robbers claim human lives with regularity, all in the name of Jesus, the usual accomplice conveniently invoked by most of Nigeria's criminal class to rationalize their plunder and single-minded greed.
Re: If Jesus Was A Pastor In Nigeria How Many Cars Would He Have? by OBVIOUS(m): 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2008
@ Jakumo: absolutely brilliant post.
Re: If Jesus Was A Pastor In Nigeria How Many Cars Would He Have? by Epiphany(m): 6:19pm On Nov 26, 2008
@ Jakumo: O boy, who you be? That was a tight answer o! Abi, pastor or one religious person don do you strong thing before? That was a brilliant answer.

This question about Jesus will continue to be asked. My own answer is that although pple often say that he rode on a horse, i dont think the horse belonged to him. His ministry did not acquire land and property, neither did he fraternise with the government, in fact, they HATED him. This is very much unlike what we see today, where General Overseers and Senior Pastors are the best friends of presidents, governors and ministers.
Re: If Jesus Was A Pastor In Nigeria How Many Cars Would He Have? by ugborikoko(m): 9:56am On Nov 27, 2008
Its also interesting that though churches and pastors churn out billions they don pay tax, yet the collect 10% of all incomes in their church. This is even higher than government tax,

I think false Prophets are here with us!
Re: If Jesus Was A Pastor In Nigeria How Many Cars Would He Have? by Bolarge(m): 10:07am On Nov 27, 2008
chidichris:

Jesus if u are well informed rode on a horse which invariably was the most expensive means of transportation then
Sorry but Jesus never rode on a horse, he rode on an ass. lipsrsealed Pervs, that means donkey. grin

@poster
Kindly move this thread where it belongs: the Religion section.
Re: If Jesus Was A Pastor In Nigeria How Many Cars Would He Have? by chidichris(m): 12:08pm On Nov 27, 2008
poster,
will be possible for you to lay down the rules and regulations that shld be guilding preachers and pastors.
i know u will be happy to see our pastors live in ghetos, move on okadas and dress on rags.
on my own, i don't care what they have but the most important thing what they do with what they have.
if the aircrafts they have will be used in spreading the gospel and reaching the needy among us, then let them go ahead and have whatever they can have.

(1) (Reply)

Financial Crunch - Britain To Repatriate 800 Nigerians / Religion,the Cabinet And Political Economy Of The North! By Cbn Governor / The Burden Of Being A Nigerian. By Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.