Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,410 members, 7,881,504 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:41 PM

Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson (1798 Views)

Tinubu Warns Jonathan Against Fani-kayode / Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson / Senators, Reps Back Amnesty For Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by Johnnyessence(m): 4:39am On Nov 20, 2014
There is a strong indication that the rift between
the wife of the President, Patience Jonathan, and
Bayelsa State Governor, Seriake Dickson, has
deepened.
It was learnt that Bayelsa senators and
members of the House of Representatives at the
National Assembly had allegedly joined forces
with the First Lady against Dickson.
The federal legislators, it was learnt, had formed
a strong alliance to counter the moves by the
governor and his loyalists to deny them re-
election in the 2015, through zoning allegedly
orchestrated by Dickson.
The aggrieved lawmakers, it was further learnt,
had backed the moves by Mrs. Jonathan to
replace Dickson with her loyalists in 2016.
The governorship election will take place in 2016.
Recently, it was gathered that some of the
senators allegedly held separate meetings with
President Jonathan and the First Lady in a bid to
perfect strategies to outsmart Dickson, to get the
Peoples Democratic Party tickets for 2015
general elections.
The governor has been locked in the battle of
wits with the lawmakers following their interests
to return to the National Assembly for the
second and third terms.
The governor’s camp was said to have, through
stakeholders’ meetings, arrived at decisions to
zone the National Assembly positions for the
sake of equity, unity and peace.
The development has undoubtedly created some
cracks in the state chapter of the PDP, resulting
in the holding of parallel congresses by the
federal lawmakers to counter moves by
Dickson’s loyalists.
It was gathered that following the development
that played out during the congresses, Dickson
was angry, particularly at the alleged plots by
Mrs. Jonathan to work against his return in
2016, in addition to the gang up by the national
lawmakers to have their way.
The last week’s visit of the First Lady to the
state provided an opportunity for the federal
lawmakers to make a bold political statement to
Dickson’s camp.
At the Samson Siasia Stadium, where the
President’s wife had gone to distribute
empowerment items and cash to Bayelsans
under the auspices of the Millennium
Development Goals, all the three senators
representing the state were in attendance but
Dickson was absent.
Mrs. Jonathan had at the event told the large
crowd that before they arrived in Yenagoa, the
three senators had held a meeting with President
Goodluck Jonathan prior to the event. A source,
who craved anonymity, said that the absence of
Dickson at the occasion was a pointer to the
cracks in the relationship between the governor
and the First Lady.
“All these are just passing strong messages to
the governor that all is not well. Also, both the
First Lady and President Jonathan failed to
attend the Bayelsa Thanksgiving Day, even
though they were in town then. The battle has
just begun,” the source said.
But Dickson had said on Sunday that there was
no division in the rank and file of the PDP in the
state.
He maintained that the party was one peaceful
unit, a focused family, under the leadership of
Jonathan and himself.
He had warned party faithful, particularly those
seeking elective positions and their supporters, to
be mindful of their utterances and actions.
He expressed concern that unguarded utterances
could be capitalised upon by the opposition to
paint a wrong picture of the state of affairs in
Bayelsa.
Dickson restated his unflinching support for
Jonathan’s re-election, calling on the political
class and the entire people of the state to
support the President.
It will be recalled that the First Lady resigned her
appointment as Permanent Secretary in the
Bayelsa State Civil Service recently.
Though the 57-year-old Patience was said to
have left the service voluntarily, sources said the
resignation was due to the alleged rift between
her and the governor.
The alleged frosty relationship between them
was said to have been triggered by her
unwillingness to support Dickson’s second term
bid.
Instead, it was learnt that the First Lady had
preference for the Special Assistant to the
President on Domestic Matters, Mr. Waripamowei
Dudafa. www.punchng.com/news/bayelsa-senators-reps-back-patience-jonathan-against-dickson/
Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by Chiefpriest1(m): 4:40am On Nov 20, 2014
Here we go again. All hail Mrs Patience Jonathan. She raises kings and brings down kings. When she says 'no' , nobody can say 'yes'.

However, I dont pity governor seriake dickson. Does anybody still remember how he was used to rubbish Timipre Silva less that four years ago. I wish karma really worked this fast.

He thought being a boy boy to the president's wife would guarantee his return. Now dickson has seen that there's nothing permanent in life,not even a permanent secretary.

6 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by uokocha70(m): 4:53am On Nov 20, 2014
Why mama Peace too like fight with governors nah. She should contest if she wants to be one.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by focus7: 5:10am On Nov 20, 2014
Mama shepopotamous is in it again, now not against Amaechi but Dickson. She likes bullying everyone around, I just pray that Dickson will be able to summon enough courage to withstand like Amaechi did.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by RoyalRoy(m): 5:26am On Nov 20, 2014
When you have a meddlesome first lady in Aso-Rock, who goes around bullying elected officials of the Federal Republic, one can only wonder the hell she must be giving her immediate "constituency" .

GEJ must be groaning and suffocating under this "huge weight" that is sitting right on top of him.

This is a terrible realisation of who exactly is running this country.

embarassed embarassed sad

Dont worry GEJ, help is on the way for you. We will relieve you of this heavy yoke you have placed on yourself. By 2015 there will be no need for your wife to sit on you and push you around, you will enjoy the fresh air in your village!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by psucc(m): 5:38am On Nov 20, 2014
What manner of patience is she? She will not have peace with her family (Rivers) nor with her Inlaws (Bayelsa).

But she is peace ambassador. What an irony!

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by fitzmayowa: 5:53am On Nov 20, 2014
Why is shepoppotamus PEJ fighting with everybody in government, from ameachi to dickson...I wonder what business PEJ has in government

Another reason why "office of the first lady" should be scraped...i wonder what she is going to do after GEJ leaves office...

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by dridowu: 6:04am On Nov 20, 2014
Madam Patience Jonathan want her candidate to take over at the helm. So Seriake Dickson is no more her candidate ? I am so sure the next candidate will be treated the same way Timpriye Slyva nd Seriake Dickson were treated .

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by egift(m): 6:12am On Nov 20, 2014

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by mrvitalis(m): 6:18am On Nov 20, 2014
if jonathan loses ....he should blame his wife

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by chakula: 6:32am On Nov 20, 2014
What do you expect from the family that they accidentally have their way to the top rank? I push all the blame to her husband because of not cautioning her on getting her hand out of the affairs that concern her not.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by shaggy007(m): 7:25am On Nov 20, 2014
Please those of you insulting our First Lady should stop that. angry
Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by harizonal123(m): 7:45am On Nov 20, 2014
Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by egift(m): 7:50am On Nov 20, 2014
shaggy007:
Please those of you insulting our First Lady should stop that. angry

Tell us where the First Lady got the Money to give three lorry loads of gifts to Kwara State - if it was not a peanut from stolen wealth?
Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by shaggy007(m): 7:55am On Nov 20, 2014
egift:

Tell us where the First Lady got the Money to give three lorry loads of gifts to Kwara State - if it was not a peanut from stolen wealth?

Arguing on the wrong she did is accepted.

But calling her a shepopotamus and fool etc are all insults.

Don't insult the First Lady of Nigeria please.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by donphilopus: 8:04am On Nov 20, 2014
Chiefpriest1:
Here we go again. All hail Mrs Patience Jonathan. She raises kings and brings down kings. When she says 'no' , nobody can say 'yes'.

However, I dont pity governor seriake dickson. Does anybody still remember how he was used to rubbish Timipre Silva less that four years ago. I wish karma really worked this fast.

He thought being a boy boy to the president's wife would guarantee his return.
Now dickson has seen that there's nothing permanent in life,not even a permanent secretary.

Bros, you've said it all abeg. Why should I pity the tout when I know what he did to Silva in 2011?! He was sponsored by the Presidency to challenge his Superior and he did it. Primaries that was first won by Silva was later rigged in favour of this tout of a Governor. I won't pity him, he should bear his cross. His case would be worse than that of Silva!
Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by chymystique(f): 8:08am On Nov 20, 2014
Hmmmm! Seems like another of Apostle Suieiman's Prophecy is coming to pass shocked
Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:32am On Nov 20, 2014
I never heard of Stella Obasanjo meddle in the affairs Ogun and Edo states or any state for that matter, when her husband was the President.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 20, 2014
Mama piss and her born to rule ungovernable tendencies.
Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by edo3(m): 8:47am On Nov 20, 2014
uokocha70:
Why mama Peace too like fight with governors nah. She should contest if she wants to be one.
This one no be mama peace ooo..Na mama cause troubles..I blame that onyeka onwenu for this..because of wetin she go chop,,she has lost her senses..She be A.G.I.P
Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by LouisVanGaal(m): 8:53am On Nov 20, 2014
Bayelsa Men be woman wrapper! lipsrsealed.
Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 20, 2014
mrvitalis:
if jonathan loses ....he should blame his wife
he need not to contest.
Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by shaggy007(m): 9:30am On Nov 20, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
I never heard of Stella Obasanjo meddle in the affairs Ogun and Edo states or any state for that matter, when her husband was the President.

You think say OBJ go gree for that kain nonsense?

OBJ is an experienced leader, GEJ is a sentimental leader.
Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by hardywaltz(m): 9:45am On Nov 20, 2014
When I told a friend that this coward visits Amaechi to confer with him on how to battle the Shepopo they all said it was a lie.
We are expecting Dickson very soon in APC
Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by sunkoye: 10:45am On Nov 20, 2014
Patience/ Goodluck regime.
Re: Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson by orimsamsam(m): 12:00pm On Nov 20, 2014
Anywere u find pej u find problem.

(1) (Reply)

Gunshots At Lagos Pdp Primary Venue / Video: Ambo – “gbabe” Ft. Yemi Alade, Flavour, Ice Prince, M.i, Olamide, Banky W / Wide Spread Failure Of Card Readers In The Southeast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.