Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,323 members, 7,888,022 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:42 PM

ROBERT Mugabe's Wife Grace Set To Take Over From Her 90-year Old Husband - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ROBERT Mugabe's Wife Grace Set To Take Over From Her 90-year Old Husband (489 Views)

My Respect For Robert Mugabe Just Grew In Tripple Fold / Buhari With Robert Mugabe At Johannesburg Summit (Photo) / 90 Year Old Woman Donates Her N1m Life Savings To Buhari's Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ROBERT Mugabe's Wife Grace Set To Take Over From Her 90-year Old Husband by Skillz02(m): 8:56pm On Nov 21, 2014
ROBERT Mugabe's wife Grace is all set to take over from her 90-year oldhusband as Zimbabwe's new president as
over recent weeks she has conducted a whirlwind helicopter tour across the country addressing rallies

Grace Mugabe, 49, has been called many things since the moment when, barely out of her teens, she caught the eye
of the president of Zimbabwe as she tapped away in his typing pool. Since then, she married him in 1996 and is fondly
called Amai, meaning mother by her supporters, although her critics call her Gucci Grace and The First Shopper because
of her extravagant spending in designer shops around the world.

Others simply call her Dis Grace, especially those who believe she forced her husband to remain in power so she could plunder
Zimbabwe’s diamond wealth to fund her overseas shopping trips. Many Zimbabweans believe she wants the top job, which would make
her the first female dictator in modern history.

Over recent weeks, she has stoked such fears by touring the country by helicopter, holding mass rallies and pouring scorn on her
rivals. Her critics deride her as uncouth saying she personally threw an elderly white couple off their family farm, punched a British
photographer in the face after he snapped her on a shopping spree and claimed to have cursed a South African critic of her husband who committed suicide.
At a recent rally, Mrs Mugabe said: “The time has come to show people what I am made of. I had never dreamed of entering politics but
you have approached me and I am ready to go.

“Some say I want to be president. Why not? Am I not Zimbabwean too?”
One observer said of her: “She is an avaricious monster with a vindictive nature, who makes Imelda Marcos look mild by comparison. Every time she
speaks she creates lots of new enemies, just hitting out regardless of the consequences and I find her very cruel and spiteful, unlike her husband.”

Re: ROBERT Mugabe's Wife Grace Set To Take Over From Her 90-year Old Husband by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 21, 2014
Zimbabwe na family biz nw sha
Re: ROBERT Mugabe's Wife Grace Set To Take Over From Her 90-year Old Husband by Horus(m): 9:21pm On Nov 21, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63TQHNaOMtc

[size=15pt]Grace Mugabe for Zimbabwe president?[/size]

A political analyst at the University of Johannesburg, Gideon Chitanga, comments
on the possibility of Grace Mugabe taking over as president of Zimbabwe.

(1) (Reply)

More Than 47 Killed In Mafa Village By Boko Haram |naijarace Boko Haram / Opinion﹑﹑why Nigeria Should Change Her Name Now / Johnathan Replies Obasanjo "I Am The Best President In Nigeria"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.