Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,982 members, 7,899,470 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 01:26 PM

Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why (60134 Views)

Best City In Nigeria To Live In? / Best Places In Port Harcourt To Live In. / Tell Us About The City Where You Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by mmsen: 9:37am On Apr 27, 2015
forgiveness:

why?

what about surulere?

Bode tomas, Adeniran Ogunsanya, Ogunlana Drive etcetera.

Surulere is ok to be honest, just a bit too crowded for me.

That's the problem with most of the Lagos mainland, it's overcrowded and the infrastructure suffers as a result.
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by tonaydo(m): 10:10am On Apr 27, 2015
forgiveness:

why?

what about surulere?

Bode tomas, Adeniran Ogunsanya, Ogunlana Drive etcetera.
i so much love surulere, was born and brought up there even if i'll reside in lag i'd prefer surulere buh guy enugu don use style win my heart

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 27, 2015
Delta state is ok, Calabar is nice too, but economic activites no too dey there o.
Ebonyi is also good .

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 27, 2015
Most of the good places to live and have peace of mind are not commercially viable thats a fact.

The commercially viable states arent so nice to live in so u have to make a trade off between the 2 options.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by buchilino(m): 10:38am On Apr 27, 2015
datguru:

Sure say you dey PH ?

GOOD QUESTION
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by Humulity: 10:59am On Apr 27, 2015
Enugu comes first for me, quiet, well planned, clean and affordable. The outgoing government even upgraded some facilities in the city and most of the roads are dualized.

Anambra state in general as somebody earlier stated here, has no remote village. Every local government is springing up modern structures in every corner. By my own assessment the most secured state as of today. Even their vigilante has patrol vehicles and arm robbers fears them more than Police..

Thirdly for me is Bauchi. Yes you heard me well. Had lived in Abuja, Lagos, Ibadan, Kaduna, Birnin Kebbi, Awka and Enugu. Visited over 30 States out of the 36 states. Had my youth service in Bauchi. I saw a lot of opportunities in the state capital which many are not seeing. Though some social amenities is lacking but you can live like a King and make millions if you see if you think outside the box. Just the security situation there. The scare the riots experienced as a Corper is still fresh. Life sweet pass money.

Abuja is cool but unnecessary expensive, apart from the high cost of accommodation, one can still live comfortable on normal budget if you know where to go for your shopping.

Generally Nigeria is the place to be. Once you have money you can live as you like, the law does not apply to you once you have the cash. And if you are hardworking and sharp (not intelligent) your becoming a success is a matter of time. No place like home.

NIGERIA!
GREAT PEOPLE !!
GREAT NATION!!!

6 Likes

Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by davidenchy(m): 11:41am On Apr 27, 2015
No place like ABEOKUTA !
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by Mhudi: 12:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
datguru:

Sure say you dey PH ?
I live in Port Harcourt and that's the worst place I've ever lived. I'd lived in Lagos and will prefer it 100 times to Port Harcourt. PH is only greater in fame than in truth.
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by alterswerve(m): 2:42pm On Apr 27, 2015
tobtap:

ilorin is very peaceful and affordable,it is well planned and gat good roads. great schools and a mini-nigeria. ilorin have good night life as well and all the shopping places u will need.the residents are friendly and good measure of rain and sun.
housing is all cheap and food as well.... cheers grin

Mahn.. Don't be bias. Ilorin is peaceful, not very peaceful. Living in ilorin is not that expensive, true too. I live between Challenge and Oke Odo and I'll give you the gist.
1. Ilorin doesn't have good roads as much. The roads are small. Only popular roads are tarred, and some of them even have pot holes.. Other roads are bad and dusty. Your swede shoe wouldn't survive it.
2. Ilorin has great PRIVATE schools. Those who go to government schools don't know how to speak good English. Yoruba every time.
3. Ilorin doesn't have good night life as far as I know
4. All the shopping places? Mtchew. Is it not 2 years ago that Shoprite got to Ilorin? And everyone goes there like its a tourist attraction. Which other shopping place apart from shoprite? Iya Yusuf? T and K? Guy! Even the museum is wack. Kwara hotel which Is pra'lly the best here dry ehn.. Same with the tourist attractions that are not attractive..e.g the Dry Unilorin Zoo
5. The residents may be friendly depends on individuals. If the residents are friendly, why do I still witness religious sentiments in the areas I visit? Mtchew
6.Good measure of very hot sun? Yes. Good measure of rain? Guy, you lied there. My school is in its rain semester, and since january, ran has fallen twice. My hostel mate planted corn and today, its a waste. Only one specie of leaf is sold from Tanke Junction to Oke odo. I tried gardening last year, it was a waste of time and energy. If na weather, of all the 5 states I've visited, ilorin is the worst. I'm serious.
7. Housing is cheap, true
8. The government is more on the side of the muslims than on the christians. The government is not very functional
9. I consider the traders to be lazy.. Opening shops after six o'clock and closing before 9. They don't open on sundays. Sundays are sooo very dry in ilorin.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by tobtap: 6:13pm On Apr 27, 2015
alterswerve:

Mahn.. Don't be bias. Ilorin is peaceful, not very peaceful. Living in ilorin is not that expensive, true too. I live between Challenge and Oke Odo and I'll give you the gist.
1. Ilorin doesn't have good roads as much. The roads are small. Only popular roads are tarred, and some of them even have pot holes.. Other roads are bad and dusty. Your swede shoe wouldn't survive it.
2. Ilorin has great PRIVATE schools. Those who go to government schools don't know how to speak good English. Yoruba every time.
3. Ilorin doesn't have good night life as far as I know
4. All the shopping places? Mtchew. Is it not 2 years ago that Shoprite got to Ilorin? And everyone goes there like its a tourist attraction. Which other shopping place apart from shoprite? Iya Yusuf? T and K? Guy! Even the museum is wack. Kwara hotel which Is pra'lly the best here dry ehn.. Same with the tourist attractions that are not attractive..e.g the Dry Unilorin Zoo
5. The residents may be friendly depends on individuals. If the residents are friendly, why do I still witness religious sentiments in the areas I visit? Mtchew
6.Good measure of very hot sun? Yes. Good measure of rain? Guy, you lied there. My school is in its rain semester, and since january, ran has fallen twice. My hostel mate planted corn and today, its a waste. Only one specie of leaf is sold from Tanke Junction to Oke odo. I tried gardening last year, it was a waste of time and energy. If na weather, of all the 5 states I've visited, ilorin is the worst. I'm serious.
7. Housing is cheap, true
8. The government is more on the side of the muslims than on the christians. The government is not very functional
9. I consider the traders to be lazy.. Opening shops after six o'clock and closing before 9. They don't open on sundays. Sundays are sooo very dry in ilorin.
well...ilorin is not paradise but it fairly livable compare to other cities/towns in nigeria,it has a functioning airport and the road are great in areas i know of..( gra,fate,basin,sabo-oke and some part of gaa-akanbi/pipeline road side.. ilorin is no where near lagos or ibadan in social activities but there are a lot of evening activities and joints where you could off-course have fun,nepa is fairly ok in those areas i mentioned and food,housing,education and pu cheesy ;Dy is very affordable.i dont live in ilorin but i visit often when am in naija....cheers
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by christopher123(m): 8:09pm On Apr 27, 2015
Owerri such a planned place

enugu fell in love

Calabar nice area

Oshogbo rustic. But close to nature

Lagos opportunity but high madness

Abuja planned but expensive

Ph overated

1 Like

Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by fineyemi(m): 2:12pm On Apr 28, 2015
literarymathy:

I heard about the light reliability there. It's so sad that we in the south south lack this.
Heya! Sowy abt dat.
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by Glowww(f): 7:07pm On Apr 28, 2015
Enugu State for sure. It's a good state to enjoy your money and ur lifez. Cozy, friendly, mounteinous with soft green hills
THE COAL CITY STATE!

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by yungwizzy(m): 11:38pm On May 10, 2015
Drsheddy:

U d learn
owk...teach ur boy naw......OgaBoss
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by trapQ: 7:10pm On Oct 05, 2015
PH does it for me. The only other place in naija I can stay in is Abuja. But lagos?? Nah! No fresh air, overpopulation, no serenity. You're quite correct tho, PH is gradually becoming the new lagos.
sluvy4tune:

Kpele, PH will turn to another lagos in the shortest possible time. Consider Akwa Ibom or Enugu
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by trapQ: 7:17pm On Oct 05, 2015
Then you havnt been to PH. Every damn thing is expensive. Trust me calabar is way cheap compared to PH which has a higher cost of living than ABJ. The only thing more expensive in abj than ph is housing.
shiki:

Cali is clean and calm, but the cost of living .....TOO high
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by trapQ: 7:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
Very true! Everybody wants to work in an oil company in PH.
sunsky29:
no mind d guy..this ph wey hold up full anywere u turn frm 6am to 1pm den hold up strts frm 4pm to 10pm n d guy say ph easy?

Na too much oil company dey cause d gra gra cos every tom dick n harry wan find job for ph come over shoke my city..

If u can survive in ph

U can gt 95 percent survival in lasgidi too
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by abeksam(m): 6:39pm On Dec 27, 2015
pls I need some one to advice me. I want to move to Ilorin and start up a computer business and also do my masters at unilorin. I need advice for a good location and secure + close place for my acomodation pls.
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by Bedeupps(m): 8:40am On Jan 29, 2016
Lived in Lagos for several years and had to go down to Benin for my University. The life in Benin, and I believe, South South as a whole is just good. Nobody cares where you are from. They are warm and hospitable unlike Lagos, where the tension between different ethnic groups is felt and seen every second.
The Yorubas who probably feel intimidated by the presence of other ethnic groups would like to at all times, whether in the offices, market, or commercial buses, prove to you that you are in their land. It is in Lagos you here tags like Omoyibo, used to describe Ibos, aboki, for Hausas and so on. If you like your peace, keep off Lagos. I believe what is obtainable in Lagos is also obtainable in other south western states.
Language barrier could be a major problem in the North. Although major cities in Kaduna and kano, one could cope without Hausa but you still have an edge with Hausa language. And if one is to live in the north, be sure to have your own business, because they are not too many companies here. Government job here is for Hausas, sorry. And also be ready for extreme weather conditions. The northerners could be warm and friendly, but very unpredictable, you might want to stay away, if you wouldn't like to live standing on your toes.
The east would have being a good place to stay if only there is infrastructural development there. One can easily integrate into the Igbo society. They are not mindful of any other thing except their business. You can live as long as you want without being noticed. The only problem with eastern states is just lack of basic amenities, good roads, light, water etc.
All in all, if you are a peace loving person and would love to live a social, stress free life, look to the states in the south south. Akwa-ibom, Cross River, Edo, Delta, etc. I miss Benin city!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by iamwrong(m): 11:08am On Dec 26, 2016
ABUJA

Mostly the main city (prime districts) such as Apo, Wuse, Garki, Asokoro , jabi and Utako,. due to the relative peace, amenities, homeliness, good infrastructures, serenity, network of people around you, security, etc plus Abuja Is not expensive to live in as most people erroneously believed, except for Housing/accommodation which happens to be expensive. and it's a good place to raise a family as well.

ONDO STATE

Mostly Akure such as fiwasaye, alagbaka, ijap!o estate, and Oba ile, due to its low cost of living, access to basic amenities, banks,, security, event centers, clubs, malls and everything u are looking for socially, materially, economically even academically you get them at a good price and quality. also alot of business and career opportunities abounds here etc plus the stress and drama of most large cities is relatively almost absent. The people here are homely and hospitable. it's a good place to start life as bachelor or young family.

KANO STATE

Mostly the state capital most especially nassarawa GRA, same reasons given to ondo applies here, plus you have access to alot of entrepreneurship opportunities and networks. grew up here during my childhood. it's cool place to be.
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by Ndipe(m): 9:13am On Mar 24, 2020
Check out Uyo
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by DisGuy: 5:25pm On Mar 24, 2020
Ndipe:
Check out Uyo

Ndipe!!! is that you?!?!?!?!!? senior member!
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by Ndipe(m): 7:47pm On Mar 24, 2020
Yes, it's me. Abeg who you be?

DisGuy:

Ndipe!!! is that you?!?!?!?!!? senior member!
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by EgwunsoDOTcom: 7:07pm On Jul 20, 2022
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by Japa007: 6:20pm On May 18, 2023
Are you dreaming? grin grin
Re: Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why by Japa007: 6:34pm On May 18, 2023
If you love your life and business, then don't try to come to Osogbo, you'll regret.

NB: I just left there, it was a total waste of time and money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How A Woman And Her Load Were Transported On A Motorcycle (Photo, Video) / 20 Unbelievable Ways Cotonou Is Different From Lagos (Pictures) / Inside Lufasi Nature Park, Lekki-Epe Expressway (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.