Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,407 members, 7,881,487 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:01 PM

Ex-leader Of Assemblies Of God Church Arrested For Forgery. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-leader Of Assemblies Of God Church Arrested For Forgery. (1798 Views)

Sammie Okposo Apologies To Buhari For Saying He Should Be Flogged For Forgery / Sammie Okposo Slams Buhari, Says He Should Be Flogged For Forgery / Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-leader Of Assemblies Of God Church Arrested For Forgery. by Bekwarra(m): 4:18pm On Nov 23, 2014
The General Secretary of the Assemblies of God
Church, Rev. Godwin Amaowoh, has described the
arrest of the church’s excommunicated General
Superintendent, Rev. Paul Emeka, as a reward of
stubbornness.
Emeka was arrested and detained on November 12
by the Nigeria Police for allegedly being in
possession of a forged certificate and for parading
himself as a Professor of Theology. He was later
interrogated by the Force Criminal Investigation
Department, Abuja.
The Force Public Relations Officer, Emmanuel
Ojukwu, confirmed the detention of the cleric and his
planned arraignment in court for certificate forgery.
Responding to the news of his arrest, Amaowoh said,
“God is wonderful. That is the reward for
stubbornness, arrogance and pride. All lawsuits will
naturally end, if he is jailed. (It’s) sad.”
Reacting to the statement, the sacked leader of the
church told SUNDAY PUNCH that it was not time for
him to respond.
The excommunicated pastor was sacked few weeks
ago as the AGC’s spiritual head and ex-
communicated from the church for allegedly acting
against its constitution and for allegedly committing
acts that could bring the church into disrepute.
A complaint made by the National University
Commission that Emeka’s professorship certificate
was not original led to his arrest.
The certificate, it was learnt, was purchased from one
Prof. Okoro, who was deported from the United
States to Nigeria.
Speaking briefly on the matter in a text message to
our correspondent, Emeka said, “I have decided for
now not to be only responding to what they (referring
to his opponents in the church) initiate; it will tire me
–that is their strategy.
“At the appropriate time, I will initiate my
information, which will also address any issues they
might have raised.”
If convicted, Emeka may bag between 10 and 21 years
imprisonment.

www.punchng.com/news/assemblies-of-gods-ex-leaders-arrest-reward-for-stubbornness-gen-sec/
Re: Ex-leader Of Assemblies Of God Church Arrested For Forgery. by seanet02: 4:24pm On Nov 23, 2014
Chei there are (gods) o
Re: Ex-leader Of Assemblies Of God Church Arrested For Forgery. by Nobody: 12:36am On Nov 24, 2014
Na their work. They can't wait for heavenly riches so they start from here.
Re: Ex-leader Of Assemblies Of God Church Arrested For Forgery. by okoromike(m): 2:11am On Nov 24, 2014
Emeka! Emeka!! Emeka!!! what is more befiting than being called a man of god?
Re: Ex-leader Of Assemblies Of God Church Arrested For Forgery. by egift(m): 2:45am On Nov 24, 2014
After Dr. Charles Osueke, it has been very difficult to get a replacement to lead AGC. Osueke was passionate, dedicated, respected and carried out the gospel of Christ to the fullest. I just hope a better successor can be found.
Re: Ex-leader Of Assemblies Of God Church Arrested For Forgery. by amjou: 6:44am On Nov 24, 2014
Is this the church our Lord and saviour, JESUS CHRIST, dreamt of?
Re: Ex-leader Of Assemblies Of God Church Arrested For Forgery. by Bekwarra(m): 2:23pm On Nov 24, 2014
Forging certificate just for an earthly title. Most of them just like being referred to as Revd (Dr) Pastor (Prof) etc
Re: Ex-leader Of Assemblies Of God Church Arrested For Forgery. by Japhteez(m): 4:57pm On Nov 24, 2014
So is today that this issue is entering Nairaland? For the consumption of those who want the truth and know nothing about this matter, Prof Emeka is the one smiling now after Osueke and co bribery to the NPF was exposed. Osueke and Chidi barristers pleaded to the judge to give them time for the case so it was adjourned. Osueke and co should keep on persecuting this man after he aint the first to suffer such faith!
Re: Ex-leader Of Assemblies Of God Church Arrested For Forgery. by Japhteez(m): 5:01pm On Nov 24, 2014
[quote author=egift post=28294976]After Dr. Charles Osueke, it has been very difficult to get a replacement to lead AGC. Osueke was passionate, dedicated, respected and carried out the gospel of Christ to the fullest. I just hope a better successor can be found.[/quote

My dear Osueke is the problem AG is currently facing. His constitution of Ambassadors of the Kingdom when he is almost out from the office is the major reason.
Re: Ex-leader Of Assemblies Of God Church Arrested For Forgery. by Bekwarra(m): 11:45pm On Nov 24, 2014
^^^ bros are you a member of the church?

(1) (Reply)

Gunshots At Lagos Pdp Primary Venue / Video: Ambo – “gbabe” Ft. Yemi Alade, Flavour, Ice Prince, M.i, Olamide, Banky W / Wide Spread Failure Of Card Readers In The Southeast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.