Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,948 members, 7,922,340 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 03:20 AM

Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Into Business - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Into Business (2422 Views)

Nigerian Female Celebrities Who Smoke Shisha ( Pics ) / Wizkid Delves Into Business! Starts Manufacturing Of Snapbacks(photos) / Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Into Business by Mykel4God(m): 8:22pm On Nov 23, 2014
You know them as celebrities, entertainers, movers and shakers – but entrepreneurs too? The following Nigerian personalities write, produce, innovate and create new value through their creative output. So who are they? In no particular order,here are five entrepreneurs who have made it big in show business!
1. D’banj
The award winning star, D’banj, popularly known as The Koko Master, is a jack of all trades. He is a singer, songwriter and harmonica player; but, above all, he is a businessman. The Koko Master founded his company Koko Holdings a long time ago. And in March this year, his first product, Koko Garri, hit our local stores. D’banj’s vision for his company is to create the Koko Mattress and Koko Condoms.
2. Genevieve Nnaji
Genevieve was honoured as a Member of the Order of the Federal Republic by the Nigerian government for her immense contribution to Nollywood. Asides Nollywood, this Diva has a thing for business. With a passion for fashion, she set up her St. Genevieve clothing line in 2008. Initially, it flopped but after re-branding and re-launching, her label has expanded. Her collection of women’s clothing is available exclusively on Jumia.
3. Banky W
Banky W is a US born, R&B singer-songwriter whose musical talent is matched by his ethos of hard work. Shortly after graduating, Banky W co-founded Empire Music Entertainment (EME), to promote his own recording career. EME has gone on to launch the careers of other popular artists such as WizKid and Skales ,whilst superstars such as Niyola, Shadee and DJ Exclusive still release music through the label to power their music today.
 4. Kate Henshaw
Kate Henshaw is an author, a model and a real estate investor – an all-round entrepreneur. Last year, she even ventured into fitness training, launching her fitness DVD, Kate Fit For Life. Kate’s workout video proved a hit and was marketed both locally and internationally. It and earned her a distribution deal with a US based Media Company.
5. 2Face
One of the most decorated musicians in Nigeria; one of the most bankable artists in Africa….and an entrepreneur as well. Whether it is stocks or real estate, this entertainer built his first successful night club in Ikeja and last year built a second called ‘Rumours’ in the heart of Festac Town. 2Face is ambitious for more too. He said: ‘I am not only an artiste, I’m also an entrepreneur. I want to make the night club a model like Jay-z’s 40/40 club. I want to have my clubs in major cities in Nigeria, as well as in South Africa, Europe and the US.’
You don’t have to be a celebrity to build your business. Passion for your ideas as well as hard work is essential if you want to turn your dreams into real, marketable products.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Into Business by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 23, 2014
Matured Minds. 'Kids' don't belong on this list.

These aren't the ONLy ones tho. Guys like Jim Iyke et al are also doing fairly well outside show biz.

But the in-thing now for these celebrities is to dabble into politics. God bless their hustle sha. cool
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Into Business by Mykel4God(m): 8:37pm On Nov 23, 2014
MizAusta:
Matured Minds. 'Kids' don't belong on this list.

These aren't the ONLy ones tho. Guys like Jim Iyke et al are also doing fairly well outside show biz.

But the in-thing now for these celebrities is to dabble into politics. God bless their hustle sha. cool
And my hustle too
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Into Business by Mykel4God(m): 8:43pm On Nov 23, 2014
Pics of D'banj

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Into Business by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 23, 2014
Mykel4God:

And my hustle too
And what's the hustle if I may ask. To make FP? wink cheesy smiley

Wahever tz, may God bless it too sha.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Into Business by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 23, 2014
Dis is kul

Celebs wid backups
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Into Business by Mykel4God(m): 8:50pm On Nov 23, 2014
Pics of Genevieve

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Into Business by Mykel4God(m): 8:54pm On Nov 23, 2014
MizAusta:
And what's the hustle if I may ask. To make FP? wink cheesy smiley

Wahever tz, may God bless it too sha.
AMEN,bt it's not FP...........afterall I won't be paid 4 it
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Into Business by Mykel4God(m): 9:12pm On Nov 23, 2014
Pics of Banky W

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Into Business by Mykel4God(m): 9:17pm On Nov 23, 2014
Pics of kate henshaw

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Into Business by Mykel4God(m): 9:22pm On Nov 23, 2014
Pics of 2face

(1) (Reply)

Danfo Kills Beautiful 25-Year-Old Sarah Who Just Returned To Nigeria / I Left Nollywood To Make Babies – Actress, Thelma Okoduwa / Rapper Drake Posted Wizkid And Tekno Songs On His IG Story (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.