Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,109 members, 7,880,440 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:16 PM

It Will Be Hard To Find An Original Like Me – Jay Jay Okocha - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / It Will Be Hard To Find An Original Like Me – Jay Jay Okocha (1185 Views)

Jay-jay Okocha Celebrates His 42nd Birthday Today / Jay-jay Okocha Returns To Football With English Club / Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Will Be Hard To Find An Original Like Me – Jay Jay Okocha by Naijastuffs(m): 1:39am On Nov 24, 2014

It is undeniable that Africa’s most uncelebrated football star, Austin Okocha is one of the best, if not the finest to wear the number 10 jesrsey of the Nigerian national team.
Ever since he retired in 2006, getting a replacement for that position has been something of an unsuccessful task; many have worn the number but cannot replicate or surmount the record he set.

In an interview, the 41 year-old expressed the undeniable trouble Nigeria has had in finding a better number 10.

"I don't want to sound arrogant but the truth it that there is something special about me. Sometimes, you have special players in a squad, when you lose them, it will take like five to ten years to get another set of such players.

''Not that the people trying to fill the vacuum are not good, they are great in their own way, but they are not just special,’’ Okocha told Encomium, adding, ''with time, Nigeria will get the special one that will fill the vacuum I left."

Surce: http:///LC1odUR5y4
Re: It Will Be Hard To Find An Original Like Me – Jay Jay Okocha by Yungwhy(m): 1:55am On Nov 24, 2014
Sure

1 Like

Re: It Will Be Hard To Find An Original Like Me – Jay Jay Okocha by Studentsvoice: 2:47am On Nov 24, 2014
true talk bro
Nigeria Super eagles really missed you
You were really a true Legend

Kudos bro
Re: It Will Be Hard To Find An Original Like Me – Jay Jay Okocha by Omero(m): 2:59am On Nov 24, 2014
No b lie, true talk.
Re: It Will Be Hard To Find An Original Like Me – Jay Jay Okocha by ajani1978(m): 5:05am On Nov 24, 2014
Jay Jay you are uncomon
Re: It Will Be Hard To Find An Original Like Me – Jay Jay Okocha by nerodenero: 5:25am On Nov 24, 2014
Statement of fact!
Re: It Will Be Hard To Find An Original Like Me – Jay Jay Okocha by buskie13(m): 7:13am On Nov 24, 2014
Wetin e win compared to wetin Mikel de slowbi has in his gallery......let him stop making mouth....we'll find someone better than him....

1 Like

Re: It Will Be Hard To Find An Original Like Me – Jay Jay Okocha by gustav25: 8:04am On Nov 24, 2014
buskie13:
Wetin e win compared to wetin Mikel de slowbi has in his gallery......let him stop making mouth....we'll find someone better than him....
thunder fire your generation for this nonchalant quote ......after all ronaldo doe lima win championsleague?
Re: It Will Be Hard To Find An Original Like Me – Jay Jay Okocha by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 24, 2014
C ur big head!!
Re: It Will Be Hard To Find An Original Like Me – Jay Jay Okocha by buskie13(m): 8:35am On Nov 24, 2014
gustav25:
thunder fire your generation for this nonchalant quote ......after all ronaldo doe lima win championsleague?
ur fada lap....i quote anybody ?
I just replied a post....never quoted anyone....see ehn....na ur generation thunder go first blast....no go mind ur useless life....mumu
at least Delima won other major league trophies... which one did Jay Jay win ?
Re: It Will Be Hard To Find An Original Like Me – Jay Jay Okocha by Goke7: 12:16pm On Nov 24, 2014
okocha was just an entertainer, nothing more, it was the entertainment he brought to the game that gave him fame, if he was so good, Nigeria should have 3 afcon titles in a row, am not taking anything from though. I just love him for his entertaining skills, that's all.

1 Like

Re: It Will Be Hard To Find An Original Like Me – Jay Jay Okocha by easyelliot(m): 8:20pm On Nov 24, 2014
Goke7:
okocha was just an entertainer, nothing more, it was the entertainment he brought to the game that gave him fame[b] if he was so good, Nigeria should have 3 afcon titles in a row,[/b] am not taking anything from though. I just love him for his entertaining skills, that's all.

Blame Abacha for that,
We won in 94, Abacha and his beef with Mandela caused us to pull out in 96 and caf banned us in 98. That era was wasted through no fault of okocha and co
Re: It Will Be Hard To Find An Original Like Me – Jay Jay Okocha by crownprince102: 9:52pm On Nov 24, 2014
grin grin Okocha dey talk this when I 'm still alive? I will show him might worth soon. Even Maradona was replaced in Argentine squad by a more talented nigga, lionel messi. No too they proud, Nigeria get many talent who aren't given chance. How many club get academy for Nigeria wey talented player wan proof himself

1 Like

Re: It Will Be Hard To Find An Original Like Me – Jay Jay Okocha by tswagg007(m): 8:23am On Nov 27, 2014
crownprince102:
grin grin Okocha dey talk this when I 'm still alive? I will show him might worth soon. Even Maradona was replaced in Argentine squad by a more talented nigga, lionel messi. No too they proud, Nigeria get many talent who aren't given chance. How many club get academy for Nigeria wey talented player wan proof himself
lionel messi is nt a NIGGA

(1) (Reply)

The Evolution Of Super Eagle Jersey / Nigeria’s Under-23 To Play Congo July 19th In The New Rivers State Stadium-photo / CHAN Finals: DR Congo 3 Vs 0 Mali. (DR Congo winners of CHAN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.