Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,927 members, 7,872,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:07 AM

Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* - Agriculture (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* (239626 Views)

My 1 Million Naira Alternative To Cucumber (agribusiness 101) [a Must Read] / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Catfish Farming: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by stmera: 3:22pm On Jan 26, 2015
Oga mee could please send some to us in south south i beg u ----- from Warri
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 11:02pm On Jan 26, 2015
excess4luv:
Plz gurus in d house, am pondering on running a test with either water melon or cucumber, plz can i get a better suggestion considering that am a newbie in crops sector
they are both viable crops. with good professional support here on nairaland. your decision should be guided by how much capital is available to you and land
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Topbrooks(m): 12:47am On Jan 29, 2015
jasper7:

interesting one sir. mr soloxam has been a God-sent to many people. highly commendable and reliable guy. Am I allowed to make some fee suggestions to you sir, regarding all these?

Of cause yes, go ahead Sir. Am ready to learn
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Eefosa1: 6:24pm On Jan 30, 2015
@JASPER I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM YOU BROS
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 01, 2015
this thread is slowing down. Are u still in port novo?

is there a season of abundance for cucumber the way its for other veggies? i went to mkt today and saw fruits everywia. cucumber, carrot, apple etc. the cucumber i normally buy for 70 naira was sold 2 for 50naira. i had to share d 100 naira carrot i bought into 2 for use another day. apple dt was formerly dold for 60naira was sold for 50naira. does anybody have explanation for this?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 9:00pm On Feb 01, 2015
mercylicious:
this thread is slowing down. Are u still in port novo?

is there a season of abundance for cucumber the way its for other veggies? i went to mkt today and saw fruits everywia. cucumber, carrot, apple etc. the cucumber i normally buy for 70 naira was sold 2 for 50naira. i had to share d 100 naira carrot i bought into 2 for use another day. apple dt was formerly dold for 60naira was sold for 50naira. does anybody have explanation for this?
the explanation is that the fadama project in the north is currently on. it won't last for too long. that is the problem with glut and scarcity.

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 9:33pm On Feb 01, 2015
Eefosa1:
@JASPER I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM YOU BROS
hello sir, pardon me, what did we discuss about?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by nigerfine: 10:12pm On Feb 01, 2015
@Jasper... I hail. I believe all went well yesterday.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 11:22pm On Feb 01, 2015
nigerfine:
@Jasper... I hail. I believe all went well yesterday.
yes ooo. it was great meeting some nairalanders. great guys. we had fun together. and I believe we all gained
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Fhemmmy: 2:06am On Feb 02, 2015
Finally done reading, awesome thread. .... will surely get in touch with you, Chairman at the top. ..
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by saliubello(m): 10:56am On Feb 02, 2015
jasper7:

yes ooo. it was great meeting some nairalanders. great guys. we had fun together. and I believe we all gained
Op. Well done. I was not at the training. Here are the questions I need clarifications on: 1. Must i stake my cucumba to get the best? 2. Cant i improvise for the mulching film? 3. Where i dont stake, can i use mulching film? 4. Can you liase with your 'Thai contacts' in the East to come to the West for a day product sensitization and marketing?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by donpope1(m): 5:16pm On Feb 02, 2015
WELL DONE OGA JASPER, THANK SO MUCH FOR THIS THREAD. THIS YEAR MY THOUGHT HAS BEEN TO VENTURE INTO AGRIC BUT ITS BEEN QUITE CHALLENGING ON THE SECTOR TO START FROM UNTIL I FOUND THIS.

I HAVE PM'ed YOU ALREADY, PLEASE DO WELL TO REPLY.
THANKS..
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by world1(m): 9:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
YABDI ABEOKUTA AGRIBUSINESS SUMMIT

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Fhemmmy: 9:55pm On Feb 02, 2015
^^^ Nice one....
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by lamidegogo: 10:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
Where was I when this thread was started? And I missed the training at Abeokuta by 1 day! Although didn't see any lady there so it might have been only me!

Hope another one will be coming up soon please?

At least I have learnt a lot from reading from the beginning to the end and hope to take up the challenge to try 1 plot. I have an acre of land at Ajah which has been idle for 8 years.

Keep up the good work Jasper7. You are blessing to our generation. I will definitely be in touch with you. Already adding you on whatsapp and bbm.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by world1(m): 10:23pm On Feb 02, 2015
lamidegogo:
Where was I when this thread was started? And I missed the training at Abeokuta by 1 day! Although didn't see any lady there so it might have been only me!

Hope another one will be coming up soon please?

At least I have learnt a lot from reading from the beginning to the end and hope to take up the challenge to try 1 plot. I have an acre of land at Ajah which has been idle for 8 years.

Keep up the good work Jasper7. You are blessing to our generation. I will definitely be in touch with you. Already adding you on whatsapp and bbm.
We have almost 7 ladies in attendance. We are coming to lagos by march.

2 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Fhemmmy: 10:44pm On Feb 02, 2015
^^^^ This is really kool, youths are taking agriculture over and i love this.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by world1(m): 5:58am On Feb 03, 2015
Fhemmmy:
^^^^ This is really kool, youths are taking agriculture over and i love this.
Thanks oga Femi.
Please i need a truck and 1 haulage van.
Can you help?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by MATEX30: 8:39am On Feb 03, 2015
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Fhemmmy: 12:33pm On Feb 03, 2015
world1:

Thanks oga Femi.
Please i need a truck and 1 haulage van.
Can you help?

Chairman, , you could get anything you want, just show me the money......Or what kinda help you mean?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 3:11pm On Feb 04, 2015
My cucumber farm for this year will soon start. irrigation problem has been completely solved. Drip irrigation is the answer.

I was skeptical about drip initially. but the recent results from my little experiments have been excellent. it's relatively cheap and it's effective.

I have to acknowledge everybody here who contributed to my new found irrigation solution. alot of money has gone down the drain with sprinklers and pumping machines. but with an overhead tank and a few pipes, my drip irrigation is giving results.

3 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by excess4luv: 2:32am On Feb 05, 2015
Plz Ogas world1, Jasper7, kalusom, jethro and others, plz i need where to get watermelon seeds and pepper seeds (highbreed seed )that will be grown in the East, within Abia and Anambra, my email is uchenwogu5@gmail.com testrunning things in progress, i wanna join d young farmers this year
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 05, 2015
excess4luv:
Plz Ogas world1, Jasper7, kalusom, jethro and others, plz i need where to get watermelon seeds and pepper seeds (highbreed seed )that will be grown in the East, within Abia and Anambra, my email is uchenwogu5@gmail.com testrunning things in progress, i wanna join d young farmers this year

call soloxam for seeds.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 11:11pm On Feb 05, 2015
Will be heading back to owerri by the weekend. Cucumber 2015 about to start.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Ayoolanairaland: 9:12am On Feb 07, 2015
Test running my murano

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by cola: 5:46pm On Feb 07, 2015
@jasper7

Pls how does this drip irrigation thing work?
How do you set it up?

Thanks.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 7:22pm On Feb 07, 2015
cola:
@jasper7

Pls how does this drip irrigation thing work?
How do you set it up?

Thanks.
the drip thing works easy. as the name goes. it drips water at the root base of the crop. as for the installation. you need a professional to teach you how to do it. Cheers
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Soloxam(m): 2:56pm On Feb 08, 2015
Ayoolanairaland:
Test running my murano
Oga you have to take care of weeds here, best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 2:26pm On Feb 10, 2015
Good to be back in owerri. will start set-up for a mini farm 2moro. pray for me people.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by etchiep(m): 12:10pm On Feb 11, 2015
Thanks for the information.Oga Jasperabeg when u go answer us from warri and its Environ

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (33) (Reply)

Updated Price Of Grains And Location. / Starting An Oil Palm Plantation / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.