Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,956 members, 7,936,051 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 10:39 PM

Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV (38519 Views)

6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview / 5 Things Recruiters Want To See On Your CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 29, 2014
mesoade:
Interviewer: if you were an animal what will you like to be?
ME: An interviewer
They nearly tore my certificates

You're funny
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by insidifyguru: 1:59pm On Nov 29, 2014
meritdee:

What the vice president had is a resume, not CV.

A resume is the summary of your experience, skills and education which is mostly a page or two pages.

When you are asked to submit your CV, you wanna be more detailed especially in your experience, skills and education.

CVs can't be less than two pages except if you use tiny fonts.

Nice points btw

Thank you for those clarifications. I'm positive those who didn't know the difference between a Résumé and a CV will know now.

You are correct on both counts.

Thanks again for your insightful comments. #Insidify
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by meritdee(m): 2:02pm On Nov 29, 2014
insidifyguru:

Thank you for those clarifications. I'm positive those who didn't know the difference between a Résumé and a CV will know now.

You are correct on both counts.

Thanks again for your insightful comments. #Insidify

You welcome mate.
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by SeverusSnape(m): 2:06pm On Nov 29, 2014
insidifyguru:

You are correct. It may not mean you are tutoring but, because you won't be there to state that, it is better to err on the side of caution.

You don't need to head it with anything, just delve right into it with your name...

The email subject should already take care of the heading.

Thank you for your comments.
Alright boss
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 29, 2014
I always read abt how a CV should be!but no one has ever uploaded a sample of a good cv here
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by engrsyer(m): 2:28pm On Nov 29, 2014
I think I dont need to write a CV but kabashing for a miracle job. Anybody dat comment after me need d partern of writing CV.

Next page pls!
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 29, 2014
wrote an application letter in the morning, submitted it that day, was offered the job that day, posted to a department that day, reported to the HOD and was assigned to a unit that day. had to begged for 2 day grace to go and sort out myself.
got to know about CV only when i wanted to join academics, even that one was at the point of 'documentation' after i was offered the job.
good luck to all of us
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 29, 2014
Obaino2013:

Can Some1 answer dis question embarassed
a tortoise.. Its clever n wise
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by 4C2215131: 3:55pm On Nov 29, 2014
ednut1:
was at an interview where i meet a nairalander wit 7 page CV. and d interviewers where impressed. @ kpmg .

For real, or you're just buggin'?
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by VivaLaFrans: 4:00pm On Nov 29, 2014
checkdate:
DO NOT FORGET PRAYERS TO ALMIGHTY GOD FOR HIS GRACE.

BECAUSE ONE CAN GET A JOB WITHOUT C.V, & APPLICATION LETTER; JUST LIKE ME

MD: MY FRIEND CAN YOU DO THIS & THIS & THOSE?

ME: YES SIR

MD: HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WORKING & DOING THIS?

ME: SINCE 2005 TILL NOW

MD: OKAY. I WILL NOT DOUBT YOU. WHAT DATE IS MONDAY?

ME: 03/02/2

MD: COME ON MONDAY AND START.

ME: GOD BLESS YOU SIR.
Amen

1 Like

Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by Obaino2013(m): 4:07pm On Nov 29, 2014
belzieee:
a tortoise.. Its clever n wise
Hmm...
Thanks
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by Datsme: 4:41pm On Nov 29, 2014
checkdate:

Y r u speaking for me? Lol
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by luckman20(m): 4:45pm On Nov 29, 2014
Lwkmd
mesoade:
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by jay2pee(m): 5:03pm On Nov 29, 2014
mesoade:
mesoade:
mesoade:
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by Chigorkizz(m): 5:50pm On Nov 29, 2014
i dey come.
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by chyna4luv: 5:51pm On Nov 29, 2014
insidifyguru:

You are correct. It may not mean you are tutoring but, because you won't be there to state that, it is better to err on the side of caution.
The email subject should already take care of the heading.

Hello insidifyguru, are you an HR?
I usually see CV dos and don'ts here each time I login. Does this really count?
Well, for me, I would say that, those rules don't usually count. It's GOD's FAVOUR that counts. I wrote "Curriculum Vitae" on my CV and I got my first job in Lagos. That is GOD's FAVOUR.

Okay,how do you explain this?
A lady walked into an interview hall, the panelists started praising her saying that "you are the best match for this job, well dressed, etc immediately they asked her to sit down, she replied, thank you". All of a sudden, they(panelists) said to her that "We are sorry for have wasted your time, we don't need people like you here, thank you". Next person please? That was the end of the interview. Not up to 5minutes.

#GodsFavourIsTheKey
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by barrysome001: 5:56pm On Nov 29, 2014
mesoade:
on a more serious note...what culd b d answer to this question?
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 29, 2014
mesoade:
And after that..what happened
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by wede4u: 9:59pm On Nov 29, 2014
insidifyguru:

Thank you so much for your comment. It is very possible that this happened, but it is more likely that the person in question was not seeking an entry-level position. That nothwithstanding, it is better to err on the side of caution. I have also read about someone who had been a Vice President at Goldman Sachs for over 14 years and had a CV of just 1 page.

Thanks again. #Insidify
dats y he was neva made president, he didnt wanna grow.. 14 yrs vice president, wt 1page CV.. dts more like someone who chose to remain in his comfort zone...

1 Like

Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by oofiliaaron(m): 10:04pm On Nov 29, 2014
No matter how sweet a CV may look, It still takes the grace of God to get the job

1 Like

Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by engrsyer(m): 10:18pm On Nov 29, 2014
wede4u:
dats y he was neva made president, he didnt wanna grow.. 14 yrs vice president, wt 1page CV.. dts more like someone who chose to remain in his comfort zone...
Buahahahahaahaha.... Funy u dude.
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by Acegoals: 1:51am On Nov 30, 2014
InsidifyGuru, nice job! Its good to know that somethings are important that we always take note of when writing the CV.
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by emmayoc: 7:49am On Nov 30, 2014
insidifyguru:

Thank you so much for your comment. It is very possible that this happened, but it is more likely that the person in question was not seeking an entry-level position. That nothwithstanding, it is better to err on the side of caution. I have also read about someone who had been a Vice President at Goldman Sachs for over 14 years and had a CV of just 1 page.

Thanks again. #Insidify
Yes someone that have worked 14yrs or even 30yrs in one company has no reason to exceed 1 or 2 pages. But someone who have worked in 3 or 4 different companies with diverse responsibilities sure need to prove a point on his cv which may increase the pages to 3,4 or 5. Hope u agree with me
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by clemhova: 11:51am On Nov 30, 2014
checkdate:

Bros confirm say this na contract work..
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 30, 2014
7 page CV. Can't be entry level!
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by Infoay: 3:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
Good!
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by checkdate(m): 9:17pm On Nov 30, 2014
clemhova:

Bros confirm say this na contract work..
THERE IS NO SUCH KIND OF WORK HERE IN TEL-AVIV
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by checkdate(m): 9:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
Datsme:

Y r u speaking for me? Lol
I MEAN ME checkdate ME/MYSELF/I
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by insidifyguru: 9:18am On Dec 01, 2014
Acegoals:
InsidifyGuru, nice job! Its good to know that somethings are important that we always take note of when writing the CV.

Thank you so much for your kind words. Have a fabulous new month ahead. #Insidify
Re: Do Not Put These 6 Things On Your CV by veave(f): 7:00am On Dec 02, 2014
Hello insidifyguru. I just sent you a pm now. Please can i send you my cv to review and restructure for me?
And i have a problem with cover letters too. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades / 'Ghetto Name': Woman Denied Job As Company Says Her Name Sounds Too Local / 3 Unemployed Graduates In One Family Get Federal Jobs Without Godfather

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.