Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,454 members, 7,881,607 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 02:32 AM

Having Difficulty Sharing Posts On Facebook From My Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Having Difficulty Sharing Posts On Facebook From My Website (689 Views)

How I Got My Adsense With Just 24 Posts On A New Website Of Just 2 Weeks Old! / Is there a way To know Who Likes Your Posts On Nairaland / Difficulty In Hosting With Abimco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having Difficulty Sharing Posts On Facebook From My Website by ediko5(m): 10:11pm On Nov 27, 2014
Recently i have experienced difficulty in sharing contents from my website to facebook.

Most post appears as link only without the image and write ups like Title and Sub title that do appear.

Is there any that's experiencing this? or is this problem from my account or facebook? cos my friend as also told me that he can't share contents to Facebook groups anymore.
Re: Having Difficulty Sharing Posts On Facebook From My Website by jaybossYBNL(m): 12:31am On Nov 28, 2014
ediko5:
Recently i have experienced difficulty in sharing contents from my website to facebook.

Most post appears as link only without the image and write ups like Title and Sub title that do appear.

Is there any that's experiencing this? or is this problem from my account or facebook? cos my friend as also told me that he can't share contents to Facebook groups anymore.
what medium are you using to post it on facebook?
Re: Having Difficulty Sharing Posts On Facebook From My Website by ediko5(m): 7:52am On Nov 28, 2014
jaybossYBNL:

what medium are you using to post it on facebook?

Jetpack social media share buttons
Re: Having Difficulty Sharing Posts On Facebook From My Website by onyengbu: 8:31am On Nov 28, 2014
ediko5:

Can we see the head section of the page you are sharing.

You need to do some work on the head section before you will be sure that everything must show on facebook.

You will need things like:

<meta property="og:type" content="website">
<meta property="og:title" content="PageTitle - Site Name">
<meta name="description" content="Description of Page Contents">
<meta property="og:image" content="Full url to the Image you wish to appear on facebook">
<meta property="og:url" content="full url of your page">
<link rel="image_src" href=full url to your image again" />

Try these and see the magic happen wink
Re: Having Difficulty Sharing Posts On Facebook From My Website by ediko5(m): 10:56am On Nov 28, 2014
onyengbu:

Can we see the head section of the page you are sharing.

You need to do some work on the head section before you will be sure that everything must show on facebook.

You will need things like:

<meta property="og:type" content="website">
<meta property="og:title" content="PageTitle - Site Name">
<meta name="description" content="Description of Page Contents">
<meta property="og:image" content="Full url to the Image you wish to appear on facebook">
<meta property="og:url" content="full url of your page">
<link rel="image_src" href=full url to your image again" />

Try these and see the magic happen wink

Thanks, but i am using a WordPress plugin Jetpack to do this.

Here are links to some of the posts giving that problem:

http://brainnewsng.com/snake-withdraws-money-from-atm-in-zimbabwe/

http://brainnewsng.com/how-to-solve-the-nigerian-unempoyment-challenge/
Re: Having Difficulty Sharing Posts On Facebook From My Website by jaybossYBNL(m): 12:18pm On Nov 28, 2014
ediko5:

use to post on facebook and twitter automatically anytime you update your blog

(1) (Reply)

I Got Approved Of Google Adsense Same Day / Every English Word Is Already Taken As A Domain/website Name / Has Any One Heard About Yahoo Adsense?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.