Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,183 members, 7,910,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 10:18 PM

I Won’t Sacrifice Music For Marriage – Muma Gee - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / I Won’t Sacrifice Music For Marriage – Muma Gee (484 Views)

Is This The New Muma Gee? Introducing Lizzy Lu In Her New Video #oluwasurepass / Muma Gee – Port-harcourt Is Back (download) / I Won’t Impregnate Women Anymore – 2face Idibia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Won’t Sacrifice Music For Marriage – Muma Gee by etunoman76(m): 5:06am On Nov 28, 2014
In a society where many celebrity marriages hardly last, singer Gift Uwame, aka Muma Gee, who got married to Nollywood actor, Prince Eke, four years ago, seems to be singing a different song.

Part of the evidence of her being happily married is that she is already savouring the joys of motherhood.

But admitting, in an interview with our correspondent, that ever since she walked down the aisle with Prince in 2011, she has so far tasted the sweet and sour parts of marriage, she says, “If I have to face the reality of marriage, it is never sweet all the way. Once in a while, you experience the sour part of it. Mine is not far from the normal kind of marriage.”

Most people often change after getting married and Muma Gee is not an exception. Nowadays, she spends more time at home taking care of her babies and attending to her husband’s needs – more like a fulltime housewife than the artiste that most fans used to know.

The only thing that has not changed about the singer is her music career. And she says she is not prepared to sacrifice it on the altar of marriage.

“I can never dump my music career. Music is part of me and will always be. I live, breathe, eat and drink music. I just cannot survive without making music. So it is impossible to quit, not even now that I am married. For me, music is not all about picking up the microphone and opening my mouth to sing. It is something that comes from within. It is deeper than just singing and performing at a concert. That is why when I am performing on stage, I am out of this world. It is my way of life,” Muma Gee says.

Although marriage seems to have altered her life style to an extent, the groove has not by any means stopped for this beautiful and enigmatic artiste since 2011. Not even the demands of motherhood could keep her from accepting invitations to perform at musical shows around the country.

“I have done several major shows since I got married and I have been travelling a lot. The only time I had a break was when I was pregnant. I have been busy recording a couple of new songs in the studio, too. In fact, I have a new album ready and it is titled ‘Motherland’. Apart from this album, I have recorded many other songs,” she continues.

Despite the fact that she has not weaned her twins, Muma Gee still cannot resist the itch to jump on a stage and sing to an audience. Just a few days ago, she performed at a concert hosted by Fuji musician, Wasiu Ayinde Marshall, aka KI, at the Eko Hotels and Suites in Lagos.

Marriage or not, Muma Gee is still the same person on stage. Nothing about her stagecraft has changed and she is ever willing to launch into those familiar energetic and sexy dance steps that have always endeared her to many pub crawlers.

“I still do my thing. My husband cannot object to the way I dress or what I do on stage. He knew I was a performing before asking my hand in marriage. But I thank God that he understands the demands of my profession. Besides, he understands me and knows that I can never do anything that will hurt his feelings,” she says.

Listening to the singer talk about her marriage, it is difficult to imagine that a few years ago, she had virtually shown no interest in getting hooked. “Yes, some years ago, I had said that I would be married to my career for a long while. But I changed my mind. It was because at a point I felt that anything worth doing was worth doing well. You can’t be jumping from one place to another when you have a home to build.”

Unlike most other couples, Muma Gee and her husband did not court before getting married. But at some point in their relationship, she says, they had to put up with opposition from meddlesome relatives and other people who did not know them well enough.

“We had to deal with a number of issues. Some people even thought that my marriage would have broken up by now. They were saying that it would not last. But I thank God that it has lasted this much,” she says.

Explaining why she is going into politics, Muma Gee claims that she already has the consent of the her kith and kin in Ahoada East and Abua-Odua Local Government Areas to represent them at the Federal House of Representatives in 2015. Besides, she thinks she deserves a shot at the forthcoming polls having done som much for the LGAs.

“I’ve worked so hard to put Ahoada East and Abua-Odua Local Government Areas on the global map. Both LGs make up my constituency, which is Constituency 1, in Rivers State,” she says.

http://www.punchng.com/entertainment/e-punch/i-wont-sacrifice-music-for-marriage-muma-gee/

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO PREMIERE: Young Paperboyz - Life Philosophy Ft. M1ss Mc / 2015 Best Music On Nairaland!! All Vote Now| / Download Latest Sonqs!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.