Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,139 members, 7,977,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 02:32 AM

I Won To The Memory Of My Parents - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Won To The Memory Of My Parents (1850 Views)

Groomsmen Vs Bridesmaid At Toolz Wedding Yesterday, Who Won (photo) / In Memory Of Gbenga Adeboye (1959-april 30 2003), Mystery Of Wed In His Life. / Candlelight Ceremony Held In Memory Of Goldie Harvey-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won To The Memory Of My Parents by foshola(m): 5:42pm On Nov 29, 2008
This year’s Next Movie Star has been crowned. She is Avenette Tennema Sirleaf from Liberia. The 26 year-old beauty queen emerged the winner weekend after going through lots of rigorous activities in the NMS house. The contest had lasted about four weeks.

However, Avenette whose hobbies include acting and singing had expressed shock and disbelief when she was announced the winner. “I feel so happy and honoured. It’s wonderful. I am excited and the whole of Liberia will be happy for me and be proud of what I have achieved for them, I thank God.

Liberia has been down for so long due to war, not been able to showcase the talents we have. Now, we are back on track, my emergence as winner of the Next Movie Star is a testimony. It is a dream come true for me and for the memory of my parents who are both late.”

The winner asserted further: “I will go back home to Liberia, start work on my projects and work out collaborations between Nigeria and Liberia not only in movies, but also in music because I do music too, so I am a complete entertainer.”
The sojourn to the Next Movie Star had started with 16 housemates and later 17 that included Cassandra Clottey (Ghana), Adebola Adams (Nigeria), Elame Violet Weeks (Sierra-Leone), Munah Pelham (Liberia), Zerziya Jonathan Wilson (Nigeria), Avenette Tennema Sirleaf (Liberia), Luqman Idris Neindow (Ghana), Wael Suleiman Muhieddine (Lebanon/ Nigeria), Evangeline Ehinonhem Ifeietekhai (Nigeria), Nina Janet Conteh (Sierra-Leone), Emmanris Cole (Sierra-Leone), Ejine Emila Okoroafor (Nigeria), Karen Igho (Nigeria), Samson Babatunde Ajadi (Nigeria), Joseph Choloplay Weah Jnr (Liberia), Frances Jah (Gambia) and Sofia Agbeyengah (Ghana).

However, six out of the 17 housemates had crossed the final hurdles to the coveted and prestigious prize. Four out of them were Nigerians including Samson Babatunde Ajadi, Zerziya Jonathan Wilson, Evangeline Ehinomhen Ifeietekhai and Wael Suleiman Muhieddine, while the remaining two are Luqman Idris Neindow from Ghana and the eventual winner Avenette Tennema Sirleaf from Liberia. Zerziya and Wael from Nigeria came second and third respectively.

Mr. Sola Fajobi, producer of NMS was full of excitement seeing the Liberian emerging the winner. He quipped: “As you can see, that Avenette has proved to all that there exist abundant talents in Liberia and in the whole of Africa. The Next Movie Star has grown to become an international brand, the pride of Africa, approved and accepted by the viewers as the biggest movie authority in Africa.“
Avenette is carting home a brand new car, movie contracts, a flat for one year, $5,000 cash prize, all expenses paid trip to a European country and attendance of a major film festival in Europe. Other housemates are expected to go home with N10 million worth of prizes.
The show was sponsored by FUMMAN, Sezeyi Party Shop, Mikano, Somotex, Rolatirade, Harmony Castle Hotel, Miss & Mrs Make-up, Fantastique Hair & Nails, Sholizza, Tobanj Energy Oil and Gas.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/blockbuster/2008/nov/29/blockbuster-29-11-2008-001.htm

Re: I Won To The Memory Of My Parents by tpia: 8:02pm On Nov 29, 2008
Re: I Won To The Memory Of My Parents by SeanT21(f): 11:23pm On Nov 29, 2008
congrats from her Liberian Sister!!
Re: I Won To The Memory Of My Parents by Andala: 4:14am On Nov 30, 2008
Congrats
Re: I Won To The Memory Of My Parents by foshola(m): 2:57am On Dec 01, 2008
is she related to the president Mrs Sirleaf Johnson.
NA TRUE?

(1) (Reply)

Former Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria And Rapper Munachi Abii In Lux Ad Video / Dumb Celebrity Baby Names / See Picture Of Majid Michel Caught Starring At Yvonne Okoro's Bum!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.