Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,575 members, 7,934,733 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 12:31 PM

Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? (1126 Views)

Is Marriage A Goal And Dream Killer? / Am I Weird To Feel This Way?? / Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 28, 2014
I really seem not to understand, forme the idea of bringing in another adult into my house(an adult like me with two legs, two arms, two eyes, not in anyway handicapped), and start taking care OF her, seeing to every other needs really freaks me out, forme it seems so weird and incomprehensible, I find it difficult coming to terms with it.
Most of my friends are married (I happen to have chaired most of their c ' tee of friends), when I discuss this with them, and try asking them how they cope with that, they will burst into hysterical laughter, and will never address my question......

Please nairalanders I need answers .... is it (marriage) not a weird idea? Or my the weird one here?

Honest answers needed.
Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 28, 2014
because you're weired

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by dein77(m): 8:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
You're the weird one.

Life's all about making others happy; for in their happiness lies yours.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by lebesgue(m): 8:28pm On Nov 28, 2014
From your post, I concluded that you do not live in France, for marriage is not weird for us over here. If you do live in France, then you should consult an online babalawo.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
you are an alien that's why
Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by Tymax(m): 8:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
killerman47:
Most of my friends are married (I happen to have chaired most of their c ' tee of friends), when I discuss this with them, and try asking them how they cope with that, they will burst into hysterical laughter, and will never address my question......
Don't mind them jare. They want you to first enter am before they talk.

I really don't know what's wrong with my married friends. They be forming wise old men for no reason.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by saintvc(m): 8:48pm On Nov 28, 2014
U are abnormal
Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 28, 2014
killerman47:
I really seem not to understand, forme the idea of bringing in another adult into my house(an adult like me with two legs, two arms, two eyes, not in anyway handicapped), and start taking care OF her, seeing to every other needs really freaks me out, forme it seems so weird and incomprehensible, I find it difficult coming to terms with it.

Please nairalanders I need answers .... is it (marriage) not a weird idea? Or my the weird one here?

Honest answers needed.

Brother, wallahi, I tell you, you're not the only one. I truly, sincerely see no point in it. undecided Especially with the rate of marital failure. People seldom enjoy the contraption called marriage, it usually gets sour with time and they endure it!

Reading some diaries on the diary section further confirms that to me.

Like, when I sit to think about it I seriously don't ever want to get married. I have only one life why trap myself in something I don't enjoy? When I mentioned it to my mother she shouted "god forbid!" people think it's weird but.....

I may just be young and experiencing a phase, I hope.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2014
OPp I feel u joor; I'm in same bus with you.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by Cholls(m): 9:48pm On Nov 28, 2014
killerman47:

Honest answers needed.
my brother u will have to change that sim card of yours cuz there network is always bad grin
Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by Craigston: 10:30pm On Nov 28, 2014
killerman47:

Honest answers needed.
Me too. And I hate it when my mother and my siblings talk about. It irritates me. They talk about crap like marriage, someone having a flat ass (which I find okay) and many others.
Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 28, 2014
killerman47:

Honest answers needed.

Even though I share your concerns about marriage, we have got to admit you are the weirder one. If the majority among a population thinks marriage is ideal for a man (and a woman), then the outsider has got to realize he is on a different course, and a weird one at that.
Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by Charles4075(m): 11:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
Hmmm, Marriage wahala. Don't enter if you're not ready ohh or else two things will be involved.. Either it kills you or makes you crazy and loose.. Ask me why Op
Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by Adaeze003(f): 11:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
Guys can whine ehn... smh... marriage is weird? heck, what's the fuss? DON'T GET MARRIED!!! You won't be the first... wink wink
Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by kelvinmuffins3(m): 1:13am On Nov 29, 2014
Ask the god of iron
Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by lebesgue(m): 2:12am On Nov 29, 2014
goofyone:

Even though I share your concerns about marriage, we have got to admit you are the weirder one. If the majority among a population thinks marriage is ideal for a man (and a woman), then the outsider has got to realize he is on a different course, and a weird one at that.

I disagree. If the majority is willing to go into an institution with 50% failure rate, then they are the crazy ones.
Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by Nobody: 5:55am On Nov 29, 2014
Thats because marriage is weird. How does 2 completely different individuals, with very different upbringing become 1?

That is strange!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 29, 2014
goofyone:

bro I utterly disagree with you sire; what u mean is ; if one does not go in same thought process with the baandwagon; then he's weird. Bro u know that's real false; and far cry 4rm the truth; the crowed doesn't always mean right.
Charles4075:
Hmmm, Marriage wahala. Don't enter if you're not ready ohh or else two things will be involved.. Either it kills you or makes you crazy and loose.. Ask me why Op
why sire?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
Raymondenyi:
bro I utterly disagree with you sire; what u mean is ; if one does not go in same thought process with the baandwagon; then he's weird. Bro u know that's real false; and far cry 4rm the truth; the crowed doesn't always mean right. why sire?
well done sir I seem to like u, can we become online Buddies?
Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2014
Raymondenyi:
you guys are weird including the op,just that you guys are stingy,you dont wanna spend your money taking care of someone else hehehehehe.
Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 30, 2014
@op marriage is so sweet if you find the right person for you,i am into one and i really thanks God my husband never regret we married.#you are really wierd not marriage change the way you think about it.
Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by Evina(f): 4:45pm On Nov 30, 2014
So your idea of marriage is that you are "taking care" of another adult?

Is it not the women that should be more afraid?

We cook for you, do your laundary, keep the home tidy, bear you children, raise them and still make financial contributions.

You really are weird. undecided
Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 30, 2014
If you feel a little left in the dust when it comes to the marriage thingy, you are not alone
It's ok to not want to get married
It's ok for you to have other priorities than marriage- it doesn't make you weird

Not everyone can/will get married
Even the word of God makes it clear that an individual can remain unmarried
Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 30, 2014
Evina:
So your idea of marriage is that you are "taking care" of another adult?

Is it not the women that should be more afraid?

We cook for you, do your laundary, keep the home tidy, bear you children, raise them and still make financial contributions.

You really are weird. undecided
what is there in fixing domestic chores? I really wonder why n how women see that as a tasking job? I'm single and my house is always very clean; my laundry well tidy; just so u know; I don't have a maid; so u don't need the extra ordinary intelligence of eistein to know; I do those myself; I never see that as tasking; it is just my daily routine...
Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by realtem(m): 7:57pm On Nov 30, 2014
xcapizt:

Brother, wallahi, I tell you, you're not the only one. I truly, sincerely see no point in it. undecided Especially with the rate of marital failure. People seldom enjoy the contraption called marriage, it usually gets sour with time and they endure it!

Reading some diaries on the diary section further confirms that to me.

Like, when I sit to think about it I seriously don't ever want to get married. I have only one life why trap myself in something I don't enjoy? When I mentioned it to my mother she shouted "god forbid!" people think it's weird but.....

I may just be young and experiencing a phase, I hope.
i swear , this is me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by laimo(m): 11:22pm On Nov 30, 2014
Can be really scary. I feel the same way, maybe because I'm not yet married.
I guess it's like anything not yet experienced, the fears, concerns but when you get into it,it becomes easy. Like an exam,a journey to a new locale.
Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by Exjoker(m): 12:49am On Dec 01, 2014
Raymondenyi:
Which route are you guys taking make i know perhaps i go join una...
Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by Exjoker(m): 12:50am On Dec 01, 2014
killerman47:

Honest answers needed.
I don't expect you to have a girlfriend
Re: Why Is Marriage Seeming So Weird To Me? by nickz(m): 7:31am On Dec 01, 2014
op you are not alone on this one

marriage seems a means to NO endsad

(1) (Reply)

Romance Without Finance. / "A Letter To My Crush" (poem) By South African, Mzwandile Maphalala / 10 Confirmed Fact About Sex And Why You Should Have Sex Often

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.