Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,080 members, 7,949,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 05:22 PM

Top 11 Myths Men Believe About Women - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Top 11 Myths Men Believe About Women (853 Views)

5 Myths About Sex You Should Stop Believing / Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons About Women. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 11 Myths Men Believe About Women by Samwhizzy(m): 9:00am On Nov 29, 2014
Men and woman have very different communication styles. That is nothing new. We’ve all heard time and time again that men and women have a unique way of viewing things—a different way of being. And, you know, there really is nothing wrong with being different. Our differences allow us to bring the best out of each other if we choose to see things that way.

The problem, however, arises when the acknowledgment of these differences leads to untruths about a particular gender. I have heard so much crap about women and “how we are” that I just have to laugh sometimes. And sadly, I think so many men are buying into the myths when, in fact, there is so much more to who we are.

Sure, I believe women have a lot in common. I cannot deny that. But I also know that so many women just don’t fit the bill for so many of the myths floating around. So, on behalf of all my sisters out there who are tired of being placed into this box of “how women act,” this is for you.
Here are 11 myths about women that men need to stop believing.

1. Women are more talkative than men are.
In all fairness, I am pretty chatty, but I also have plenty of female friends who aren’t big talkers and they don’t need to say too much to get their point across. Plus, the truth is, plenty of men are talkative too, so it’s not a female trait.

2. Women are too emotional.
Women are perfectly capable of containing their emotions when they need to, and the time of the month doesn’t determine how they make decisions. Furthermore, there is nothing wrong with being emotional at times. Showing emotion can be healthy.

3. Women don’t trust other women.
I have a group of women I love and turn to for advice and encouragement. These are women who “get” me and I trust them. Women are fully capable of trusting other women—as long as those women deserve their trust.

4. Women expect men to spend a ton.
If you are with the right woman, buying lavish gifts and fancy flowers won’t win her over. Sure, those things can be nice, but if you are able to meet her true needs, those things don’t matter all that much.

5. Women Crack under pressure.

Anyone can crack under pressure if they don’t have the right skills to manage high-pressure situations. Most women actually handle pressure pretty well.

6. Women overspend.
Women are actually pretty savvy when it comes to managing mone

Re: Top 11 Myths Men Believe About Women by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 29, 2014
oh god!

ona nor dey tire?
a counter thread go kun come up...

for how long will this go on?
Re: Top 11 Myths Men Believe About Women by Mczigx(m): 9:26am On Nov 29, 2014
I poses al apart frm #6......no wnda dm tel me say i dey bhave lyk woman
Re: Top 11 Myths Men Believe About Women by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 29, 2014
Top 11 myths? Why only 6?

Or are we supposed to guess the remaining grin
Re: Top 11 Myths Men Believe About Women by crackhaus: 9:38am On Nov 29, 2014
A myth is an untruth, a widely accepted but false opinion/idea.

@OP, those points are not myths.

What you mean to say is that there are exceptions to the majority, but how many of these exceptions is enough to render your points untrue?
Re: Top 11 Myths Men Believe About Women by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 29, 2014
I agree with the OP
Re: Top 11 Myths Men Believe About Women by Asek1(m): 10:31am On Nov 29, 2014
kovak:

Ask am o!
Re: Top 11 Myths Men Believe About Women by Asek1(m): 10:33am On Nov 29, 2014
kovak:

Ask am o! cheesy
kovak:

Ask am o!angry
Re: Top 11 Myths Men Believe About Women by holatin(m): 11:03am On Nov 29, 2014
it more than 6
you can understand everything about woman

(1) (Reply)

Marriage / lost my dad 20 years ago . my experience. share yours / Meet The King Who Inherited 72 Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.