Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,608 members, 7,888,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:02 PM

Should Pidgin English Be Adopted As Our Official Language In Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Should Pidgin English Be Adopted As Our Official Language In Nigeria (1509 Views)

visit our official site for more stories / 32 -year-old Man To Be Adopted / Pidgin English "chyking" Lines You've Used Or Heard (strictly Pidgin) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Pidgin English Be Adopted As Our Official Language In Nigeria by mrbillz(m): 9:36am On Nov 29, 2014
Looking it from all perspectives, I tend to see pidgin English as the easiest way to communicate in every nooks and cranny of Nigeria. Pidgin gives Confidence. Even a trader "iya alata" and "aboki" can communicate with it easily. The street speakers of the pidgin english feels so cool when speaking it unlike the Adopted like that could limit you to some certain way of conversing. If you're not bold enough, english would be a disaster to speak. A country like China speaks her Dialect and it's helped them developed in every ramifications. Just looking it from the view of the state of education in Nigeria, I bet it would help us if if we can adopt the pidgin as our lingua franca. You views are welcome about this....
Re: Should Pidgin English Be Adopted As Our Official Language In Nigeria by iceberylin(m): 9:40am On Nov 29, 2014
You smoke weed undecided
Re: Should Pidgin English Be Adopted As Our Official Language In Nigeria by vizkiz: 9:44am On Nov 29, 2014
iceberylin:
You smoke weed undecided

again! undecided
Re: Should Pidgin English Be Adopted As Our Official Language In Nigeria by iceberylin(m): 9:48am On Nov 29, 2014
vizkiz:

again! undecided

Lol

All thanks to MTN grin
Re: Should Pidgin English Be Adopted As Our Official Language In Nigeria by Truth24(m): 10:09am On Nov 29, 2014
Lolzzzz.... We no want am.....Imagine, its looks so "illiterating" to me to be adopted as a Lingua Franca ..
Re: Should Pidgin English Be Adopted As Our Official Language In Nigeria by saintvc(m): 10:14am On Nov 29, 2014
I totally agree
Re: Should Pidgin English Be Adopted As Our Official Language In Nigeria by Exjoker(m): 10:35am On Nov 29, 2014
It look so cool just like the America slang. I have thought about that myself, and to be honest, i think i will support that. Though our pidgin English is more dynamic than the real English itself as some regions/states or tribes tend to speak a slightly different version of pidgin . The government can help by introducing some standards to be use when speaking esp. in schools. But then Nigerians traveling to find work abroad will face difficulties in communication
Re: Should Pidgin English Be Adopted As Our Official Language In Nigeria by mrbillz(m): 10:43am On Nov 29, 2014
Exjoker:
It look so cool just like the America slang. I have thought about that myself, and to be honest, i think i will support that. Though our pidgin English is more dynamic than the real English itself as some regions/states or tribes tend to speak a slightly different version of pidgin . The government can help by introducing some standards to be use when speaking esp. in schools. But then Nigerians traveling to find work abroad will face difficulties in communication
You must be talking about Warri pidgin english
Re: Should Pidgin English Be Adopted As Our Official Language In Nigeria by Exjoker(m): 8:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
mrbillz:
You must be talking about Warri pidgin english
What ever. It look nice to me
Re: Should Pidgin English Be Adopted As Our Official Language In Nigeria by AKPOSbaba: 8:42am On Nov 30, 2014
If u agree to dis topic, make u dey visit
(www.ogakpatakpata..com)
OGAKPATAKPATA
Di FIRST PIDGIN ENGLISH BLOG AND YOR NOMBA ONE OGBONGE SITE WEY DEY SAMA YU FRESHFRESH GIST FOR ENTATAYMENT,POLITIKS,SPORTS TORI AND ANY TEAR RUBBER NEWS..

(1) (Reply)

Hidden Images In Companies Logo And There Meaning / How Lagos Socialite, Late Tunji Alaaso Terrorised Yahoo Big Boys -his Reckless L / Akisan President Apologises To Gov Emmanuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.