Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,671 members, 7,878,965 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:21 AM

Real Madrid Lose Christian Cross from Club Crest To Appease Abu dhabi Bank - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Real Madrid Lose Christian Cross from Club Crest To Appease Abu dhabi Bank (1200 Views)

Super Eagles Arrive Abu Dhabi For Cote D’ Ivoire, Sudan Friendly / Real Madrid Remove Christian‘cross’ From Badge To Appease Abudhabi Sponsorship. / LOYALTY! Man Gets Manchester United Club Crest Tattoo On His Forehead (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Madrid Lose Christian Cross from Club Crest To Appease Abu dhabi Bank by chimaobikanu(m): 1:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
Money talks!

Real Madrid remove Christian cross
from logo to appease Muslim
sensibilities and seal lucrative 'strategic
alliance' with Abu Dhabi bank Real Madrid have removed the cross
from their club crest as part of a
lucrative three-year deal with the
National Bank of Abu Dhabi. It is believed the European champions'
new crest, minus the Christian cross,
was created so as not to offend Muslim
sensibilities in the United Arab
Emirates, where a marketing drive will
take place. Club president Florentino Perez
labelled the deal as a "strategic alliance
with one of the most prestigious
institutions in the world". But the redesigning of the famous club
badge shows, according to Spanish sports paper Marca, how far top clubs are willing to go, including sacrificing
part of their famous identity, to
generate new revenue streams. A new credit card, which doubles as a
Real Madrid membership card, was
paraded by Perez where the new
design is clearly seen. The importance of the deal was
underlined by the wheeling out of a
multinational gathering of the club's
stars, including Gareth Bale, Dani
Carvajal (Spain), Toni Kroos (Germany)
and Karim Benzema (France). The 10-times European Cup winners,
revealed the new design with no
fanfare, with images only emerging
now, despite the "strategic alliance"
being signed off in September.
"I know that the local people
experience every match in a special
way and that our links with the UAE
are constantly growing stronger,"
Perez said recently. "This agreement
will help the club to keep conquering the hearts of followers in the United
Arab Emirates.” The original logo, which will still be
used in Europe, is pictured, left,
complete with the tiny Christian cross
on the top.

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/real-madrid/11256833/Real-Madrid-lose-Christian-cross-from-club-crest-to-appease-Abu-Dhabi-bank.html

Re: Real Madrid Lose Christian Cross from Club Crest To Appease Abu dhabi Bank by yuncka: 1:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
I seeee, very soon dem go change their name to Real Sharia, com design their jersey like turban. All the players go carry bear bear like Ramos. If Ronaldo score goal em go knack em head for ground like Demba ba.

4 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Lose Christian Cross from Club Crest To Appease Abu dhabi Bank by Haywhymido(m): 4:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
yuncka:
I seeee, very soon dem go change their name to Real Sharia, com design their jersey like turban. All the players go carry bear bear like Ramos. If Ronaldo score goal em go knack em head for ground like Demba ba.
d matter dey pain u or what is d noise about?Do u knw what n how much it takes to finance a club as great as RM.The group has a stake in d club. D best u can do is to buy dem out or shut d f up
Re: Real Madrid Lose Christian Cross from Club Crest To Appease Abu dhabi Bank by killercute16(m): 5:04pm On Nov 29, 2014
Epic

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Lose Christian Cross from Club Crest To Appease Abu dhabi Bank by chic2pimp(m): 7:26pm On Nov 29, 2014
yuncka:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin......

The Moral of the story being "MONEY TALKS'

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Lose Christian Cross from Club Crest To Appease Abu dhabi Bank by yuncka: 7:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
chic2pimp:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin......

The Moral of the story being "MONEY TALKS'

Correct man, na U read beta meaning enta dis my yan.
Meanwhile , one guy misundastnd my yan com dey find who em and am go fight for online dis sweet nyt. Abeg tel dem say I no day house.

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Lose Christian Cross from Club Crest To Appease Abu dhabi Bank by chic2pimp(m): 10:42pm On Nov 29, 2014
yuncka:

Correct man, na U read beta meaning enta dis my yan.
Meanwhile , one guy misundastnd my yan com dey find who em and am go fight for online dis sweet nyt. Abeg tel dem say I no day house.

Bros na so o. People of NL take things too seriously. You'll think it's a matter of life and death

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Problem With The Nigerian Professional Football League (opinion) / Bastian Schweinsteiger Signed 2 Years Deal With Man United / 8 Inch Hoverboard Two Wheels Electric Self Balancing Scooter As Outdoor Sports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.