Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,283 members, 7,887,827 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:36 PM

Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil (15123 Views)

Fresh Lettuce.... The New Green Crude Oil / By 2016,agriculture Will Be The Most Booming Industry / Of Crude Oil And Agriculture: Contribution to GDP is not the issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by McAustin92(m): 8:48pm On Dec 02, 2014
Never forget there is much to crude oil than agriculture,u can't beat that fact,naija would only make it in tha agricultural sector if we could all engage in mechanized farming,coz d whole thing is also competitive.....
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by Aikon: 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2014
2098. When crude oil dries off
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by igoro10: 8:53pm On Dec 02, 2014
Nice 1
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by Eyop: 8:53pm On Dec 02, 2014
Aikon:
2098. When crude oil dries off

It cannot dry off completely. As one chamber is drying,another is being discovered cheesy
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by sukkot: 8:54pm On Dec 02, 2014
that oil has been a curse
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by Eyop: 8:55pm On Dec 02, 2014
sukkot:
that oil has been a curse
Because our leaders are corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by Collynzo9: 8:56pm On Dec 02, 2014
justitiaomnibus:
That is what it should have been.

Agriculture should by now be contributin a 40 percent of our national wealth..

But oil blinded everyone to every other thing.
How can any sensible person say this?

Why not make it 100% at once
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by world1(m): 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2014
Are You Interested In Agribusiness Get Free Land And Training At WABI Oyo State.
https://www.nairaland.com/2024911/w.a.b.i
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by ApexTitan(m): 8:59pm On Dec 02, 2014
I saw this on the front page and thought I was going to read an opinion piece styled essay only to come here and see the scant first post. Why did the moderator create false impressions with thread title? Oh well.
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by ogtavia(m): 8:59pm On Dec 02, 2014
Priceless24:
I pray our leaders will have the common sense to realise that crude oil is going out of fashion
Really?I mean really...so d best word that describes d downturn in d oil industry is fashion...goin out of fashion,what is dt supposed to mean sef....
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by Raiders: 9:01pm On Dec 02, 2014
We don't really only need to develop our agriculture sector. We also need to develop our technology and manufacturing sector. Agriculture cant employ everybody but manufacturing and technology can employ lots of people like in China and Japan. Developing our manufacturing sector is the way forward for Nigeria
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by Eyop: 9:02pm On Dec 02, 2014
Collynzo9:

cheesy grin
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by Collynzo9: 9:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
Moving from a crude oil dependent nation to an Agriculture dependent nation is like moving from frying pan to fire, unfortunately that is what many people are ignorantlt suggesting.
What we need is a truly diversified economy where manufacturing and industries play a key role. The Agricultural sector should also be developed to make us food secure and also provide raw materials for industries.
If you want to know what an Agriculture dependent Nigeria will look like, there are a few African countries we can cite as examples and they aren't better off.
Moving from being dependent on crude oil to exporting unprocessed Agricultural products is not progress, it is retrogression.
What we need is serious industrualization.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by Priceless24(f): 9:05pm On Dec 02, 2014
ogtavia:
Really?I mean really...so d best word that describes d downturn in d oil industry is fashion...goin out of fashion,what is dt supposed to mean sef....

I'm pretty sure you know what I mean, and if you cannot understand a little humour when you read it's not my problem. I wasn't having an intellectual argument or conversation with anyone when I made that comment, so I'm free to use whatever word I choose. Msctheeewwww all these over serious people sef
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by Collynzo9: 9:07pm On Dec 02, 2014
McAustin92:
Never forget there is much to crude oil than agriculture,u can't beat that fact,naija would only make it in tha agricultural sector if we could all engage in mechanized farming,coz d whole thing is also competitive.....
Don't mind them, I laugh when they mention agriculture all the time like it will lead us to some sort of eldorad. Prices of Agricultural products are also falling.
We need steady power and the industries that come with it.

1 Like

Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by GodMode: 9:07pm On Dec 02, 2014
Priceless24:
I pray our leaders will have the common sense to realise that crude oil is going out of fashion

Oil can never go out of fashion..
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by Eyop: 9:07pm On Dec 02, 2014
Collynzo9:
Moving from a crude oil dependent nation to an Agriculture dependent nation is like moving from frying pan to fire, unfortunately that is what many people are ignorantly suggesting.
What we need is a truly diversified economy where manufacturing and industries play a key role. The Agricultural sector should also be developed to make us food secure and also provide raw materials for industries.
If you want to know what an Agriculture dependent Nigeria will look like, there are a few African countries we can cite as examples and the aren't better off.
Moving from being dependent on crude oil to exporting unprocessed Agricultural products is a downward move really.
What we need is serious industrialization.

You are very correct but the primary problem MUST be addressed which is CORRUPTION.
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
CHIAAGRO:
WITH THE FAST GROWTH OF SOLAR ENERGY TECHNOLOGY,IT'S OBVIOUS THAT CRUDE OIL MAY BE LESS RELEVANT IN THE SHORTEST POSSIBLE TIME AND NIGERIA WE HAVE TO FACE AGRICULTURE!

Problem with Agric is that everybody does it....which means price fluctuations that make oil price fluctuations look good by comparison.

Industries is a better answer....industries and innovation

1 Like

Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by Priceless24(f): 9:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
GodMode:

Oil can never go out of fashion..

Opinions differ
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by Ibekau: 9:09pm On Dec 02, 2014
That's never going to happen because the demand for crude oil is not just based on energy provision, it's by-product are also needed as raw materials etc and also solar technology is not efficient enough for sophisticated energy solutions., rather I think nuclear energy is a better alternative or replacement for power solutions.
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by mccoy1111: 9:10pm On Dec 02, 2014
can u imagine a world without water?... Nigeria is the 6th oil producing country in the world, this crude is a natural endowment. In as much human lives the crude remain. Agriculture can never outshine crude..
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by holatin(m): 9:12pm On Dec 02, 2014
it can and will bring us more joy than oyel oyel oyel
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by megaz: 9:12pm On Dec 02, 2014
pls companies in lagos where i can supply my dried maize, any info?
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by GodMode: 9:13pm On Dec 02, 2014
Collynzo9:

Don't mind them, I laugh when they mention agriculture all the time like it will lead us to some sort of eldorad. Prices of Agricultural products are also falling.
We need steady power and the industries that come with it.

Agriculture can reduce unemployment faster than oil.. Industries won't invest in a country where they can't easily get resources... Agriculture boosts chances of getting resources.
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by justitiaomnibus(m): 9:14pm On Dec 02, 2014
Collynzo9:

I don't get you.. What's your point exacly Mr Sensible?
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by Collynzo9: 9:15pm On Dec 02, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Problem with Agric is that everybody does it....which means price fluctuations that make oil price fluctuations look good by comparison.

Industries is a better answer....industries and innovation
Gbam!
Proceeds from primary Agriculture cannot build us power stations, bridges, world class roads and other infrastructures, unless we can set up industries where we process those agricultural output into finished products, in that case, it has gone from agriculture to manufacturing.
Countries that depend on the kind of ''produce and export'' agriculture many Nigerians are suggesting are dirt poor and survive on foreign aid.

2 Likes

Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by ogtavia(m): 9:16pm On Dec 02, 2014
Priceless24:

I'm pretty sure you know what I mean, and if you cannot understand a little humour when you read it's not my problem. I wasn't having an intellectual argument or conversation with anyone when I made that comment, so I'm free to use whatever word I choose. Msctheeewwww all these over serious people sef

Wow,ur reply made me smile a bit..u sound decent,some other lady might have knocked me out with Hot words,I was expecting some serious typical nairaland knockout,my mind told me I was courting trouble when I clicked submit,alas,my mind was wrong on this one...but i know humor when I see it sha...but to be honest...the Oil Issue is serious and its time for each Nigerian to look beyond the government,dey failed us,they should have diversified the economy long ago,economic experts called for it long ago,this ur so called finance minister will resign soon,mark my words,every oil producing country knew d oil wealth wasn't permanent but a means to create buffer wealth for when it goes out of 'fashion' borrowing ur words,..particularly,d Norway Oil Industry Story made my heart heavy,u need to read it to understand what I mean...I might share d link later on this thread..
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by GodMode: 9:20pm On Dec 02, 2014
Ibekau:
That's never going to happen because the demand for crude oil is not just based on energy provision, it's by-product are also needed as raw materials etc and also solar technology is not efficient enough for sophisticated energy solutions., rather I think nuclear energy is a better alternative or replacement for power solutions.

Best power supply for Africa is solar, wind and waste products... Nuclear is dangerous..
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by GodMode: 9:24pm On Dec 02, 2014
Collynzo9:

Gbam!
Proceeds from primary Agriculture cannot build us power stations, bridges, world class roads and other infrastructures, unless we can set up industries where we process those agricultural output into finished products, in that case, it has gone from agriculture to manufacturing.
Countries that depend on the kind of ''produce and export'' agriculture many Nigerians are suggesting are dirt poor and survive on foreign aid.

Agriculture can do more than what u've mentioned.. Agriculture and manufacturing are related.
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by ogtavia(m): 9:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
Collynzo9:

Gbam!

Ur head is their...agriculture might not be a good substitute for oil,but it will help,as a matter of fact,agriculture is not d only viable sector in Nigeria,look at sports and how it has helped d sectors of many countries,if d all of a sudden d Barclays Premiership gets shutdown,don't tell me d UK will still be smiling,d government should have diversified when oil was at its peak,cause when oil was at its peak,they didn't know all other countries were buying then,when they reduced their import,the price started falling,our economic experts here should have started feeling worried when it fell below a $100 per barrel,Nigeria isn't a proactive country,I mean,our leaders aren't proactive,they are merely a reactive bunch,they kept plundering away as if there was no tomorrow,wat Nigeria is suffering from now is called d 'Oil Curse' or 'Dutch Disease'..let the government empower all sectors of d economy and we will be the better for it,Read the Norway Oil Industry story and u'll understand what I am saying....Industrialization is key,power should have been stabilised loooong ago,if it was money,Nigeria had it then and a decisive government could have seen to it,ur so called Obasanjo either squandered or cornered $16bn power project money and nothing is said on it,put $1bn dollar into power generatn and see if it won't work,I don't see how our leaders won't suffer for this their act of greediness and wickedness,they must SUFFER..
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by Collynzo9: 9:28pm On Dec 02, 2014
GodMode:

Agriculture can reduce unemployment faster than oil.. Industries won't invest in a country where they can't easily get resources... Agriculture boosts chances of getting resources.
Are you serious? So how are the countries that import Agricultural products from African countries and process them into finished products faring when compared to the countries they import from?
Switzerland imports most of Ghana's and Ivory coast's cocoa for processing into several products, how are they faring when compared to those 2 countries? As for the employment aspect, by the time everybody is ivolved in agriculture and the prices of products crash as is already the case, many farmers sink deeper and deeper into poverty.

2 Likes

Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by cardoso111(m): 9:32pm On Dec 02, 2014
For there is no other way!start a farm!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Is World’s Largest Producer Of Yam In FAO Ranking ― FG / Red Sokoto (maradi) Goat Farm. / Updated - How To Construct a Snail House for Snail Farming Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.