Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,864 members, 7,872,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:59 AM

YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I (25074 Views)

See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) / Meet Nakku Justine, A Multi-million Farmer At 25. / "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 6:36pm On Dec 04, 2014
Dyt:
World1 I understand you clearly, but I think the students needs to know what they are venturing into.
See some won't even be able afford 10k, as you said its for serious minded people.

Anyways thanks for your time, I think you have been able answer my some of my questions.

Ogbomosho, here I come with my family grin cheesy grin cheesy
Farming is like every other business even more tedious so you need to have start up capital.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 6:39pm On Dec 04, 2014
solbash11:

Thank you so much, I got my alloted Land Section #: A48
via the whatsapp channel. Waiting for the W.A.B.I allocation letter and any other subsequent information.
Keep up with the good work!

You number does not translate to land so be there live and direct.
Land allocation is next week from Thursday-Saturday at WABI Center Ogbomosho.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 6:41pm On Dec 04, 2014
bollify:

Thanks so much ma. Please, estimated price of what we will spend on each of the aforementioned crops will be so helpful. Thanks
Choose 1out of the crops then I will enlighten you.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 6:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
AreaFada2:
Great initiative. More grease.

I'm interested but due to distance, I can't be physically present, would online training be enough? And will I get help in managing my plot?

Plus how large is the initial free land to be given to each individual?

The land is 1acre per participant
No training for outsiders
Your project can be managed for you but you have to be on ground for land allocation
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 6:46pm On Dec 04, 2014
iyabodeh:
I don't like insects or being bitten by bugs. But can the farm be managed for me? Oyo state is even too far from me. I would like to be a part only if this question is answered. Owing a farm with ready market looks promising. I can go over once in a month to inspect and that's about it. It is directed at world1
It can be managed for you.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 6:55pm On Dec 04, 2014
aguiyi1:

what is WABI AND what are the terms
You should have at least read the post well
WABI mean West Agri-Business Initiative
Terms you must be physically and financially ready to farm.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 6:59pm On Dec 04, 2014
Guarantor:
Infact, i don't know where to start. This is a very good initiative, my prayer is that God in its infinite mercy continue to bless and abide with ALL the Organizers, Facilitators & Coordinators, most especially World1 & Hotmas 911 even if i'm not benefited.
My questions are: i have applied but not seen any response, am i disqualified or kiv? if disqualified, can i reapplied? is the land allocation one slot per person or base on nos of slots requested? I believe as a very experience farmer. which you are, you ought to know the estimate farming cost of each crop per slot even before the take off, this is will go a long way to assist all interested parties to know their financial capacity. No one would want to build a house without first planning it and do a rough estimate of what it can cost to do this and that or else he shall start and stop on the way without completing it. what are the prerequisite requirements and cost/expenses and optional cost like assisting in managing the farm.
what are the terms and conditions?
Do you have your slot no now?
Its 1acre per participant
Join us on WABI whatsapp group and your questions will be answered.
This is not for everyone.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by 100Cents: 7:13pm On Dec 04, 2014
world1:

Hello there, if you have anything you think can help the youth i beg just split it out.
No advert here
Thanks for your understanding

Tell them how much it will cost them to farm one acre and leave my innocent post alone.

grin
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by arkonpoint: 8:20pm On Dec 04, 2014
Just got my allocation A173 and by God's grace, I will be at the center at ogbomosho next week. The time is here to grab the bull by the horn, agric is an employment spinning sector, though it may come with its own shortcomings but everything in life is based on trials. opportunities like this don't show up often and its better one utilize this golden moment than to be sorry later.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by blueblood1(m): 8:30pm On Dec 04, 2014
Kudos to team World1 and Hotmass! Just got my allocation: A156!
Come on board people! The best things in life are free!
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 8:35pm On Dec 04, 2014
100Cents:

Tell them how much it will cost them to farm one acre and leave my innocent post alone.

grin
So that you can quickly make your e-Book from it? We are already enjoying ourself on the WABI whatdapp page.
Exclusively for practical farmers.

Enough of e farmers.
Say no to agric eBook sellers.
Practical farming all the way.
shocked

1 Like

Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by 100Cents: 8:42pm On Dec 04, 2014
world1:

So that you can quickly make your e-Book from it? We are already enjoying ourself on the WABI whatdapp page.
Exclusively for practical farmers.

Enough of e farmers.
Say no to agric eBook sellers.
Practical farming all the way.
shocked

Add me on your Whattsapp.

Do I look like an e-businessman or farmer ?
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by baba11(m): 10:36pm On Dec 04, 2014
Thanks for adding me to the group!!!
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by dytbabe: 11:26pm On Dec 04, 2014
Sighs
It was a long day really
Anyways I promised pictures frm my frnds visit a NLer too

He saw both World1 and Hotmas and he was shown the land we will use, big I must say frm the pictures and its even by the road side which is not bad all thanks to hostmas911.

I will post some pictures I got.

NB: I am a student like every other person that got land allocations and I can't answer questions on ANYTHING, all questions gos to our abled World1 and Hotmas911 may God bless them for this opportunity.

I love and always dreamt of owning a farm that's why am participating, May Almighty Allah make it easy and fruitful for us all

2 Likes

Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by bollify(m): 1:13am On Dec 05, 2014
world1:

Choose 1out of the crops then I will enlighten you.

I will like to try out with tomatoes sir... Thanks and may God bless you.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 1:17am On Dec 05, 2014
Most people will not come to Ogbomosho they just want to have the no which doesn't translate to land.
Land is exclusively for those that make it to the farm.

Thanks
WABI

1 Like

Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Kalusam(m): 7:39am On Dec 05, 2014
@100cents, I don't get you...am talking about maturity and you are talking about profit
100Cents:

Plaintain is a spreading crop.

So if you give me land to farm plaintain for one year, I cannot agree with you because the first purchased suckers is what I will harvest in 12 months and the profit starts coming in from the 2nd and 3rd years when news suckers (2-5) per previous suckers have shooted out.

As plantain and banana are, they are the only crops I believe can pay for land that you purchased at high price for farming but this cannot be true in the first year..
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 05, 2014
world1:

You should have at least read the post well
WABI mean West Agri-Business Initiative
Terms you must be physically and financially ready to farm.

you had answered this question earlier and the post was made after the thread was opened by Dyt
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by PENMIGHT(m): 10:22am On Dec 05, 2014
I had a first hand experience of the WABI proposed farming Site yesterday. It was a worthy experience!
The bosses (Hotmass and World1) , the Land ( acessible, vast, untapped goldmine) and the neighbourhood ( calm, serene, fluctuating MTN network et al) all made the journey a great fun!
YEAH! IT WAS FUN FOR ME COS I AM USED TO BUSHES.

But, take this, this isn't a quest many can find funny.

The mere-wishers should have a rethink. The lilly-minded will seem to be on a journey-of-no-return. Farms, good ones, don't get to have a city-scape at the budding stage like this. We can always turn the WABI centre to a place to behold with our determinations.

The determined, vibrant young minds would find it enduring investing today. Tommorow is the pay day.

Though the dry season is here, not much plantings can be done without a trusted irrigation channel, the administrative and logistics requirements should be well structured out before the advent of a new planting season. This season in NOW for those who knows the rigors and rudiments.

The land hasn't be cleared and I have a serios concern about this. The organizers should fast-track the process of segregating the plots per the allottees, well tagged and well layout. This should be according to the land requirements of the various crops. Those who have flare for plantain and banana should be joyful because of the presence of water ways within the land.

The land is a reality.......willl your dream be?

6 Likes

Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Kalusam(m): 11:31am On Dec 05, 2014
Good analysis...farming is for the brave minded
PENMIGHT:
I had a first hand experience of the WABI proposed farming Site yesterday. It was a worthy experience!
The bosses (Hotmass and World1) , the Land ( acessible, vast, untapped goldmine) and the neighbourhood ( calm, serene, fluctuating MTN network et al) all made the journey a great fun!
YEAH! IT WAS FUN FOR ME COS I AM USED TO BUSHES.

But, take this, this isn't a quest many can find funny.

The mere-wishers should have a rethink. The lilly-minded will seem to be on a journey-of-no-return. Farms, good ones, don't get to have a city-scape at the budding stage like this. We can always turn the WABI centre to a place to behold with our determinations.

The determined, vibrant young minds would find it enduring investing today. Tommorow is the pay day.

Though the dry season is here, not much plantings can be done without a trusted irrigation channel, the administrative and logistics requirements should be well structured out before the advent of a new planting season. This season in NOW for those who knows the rigors and rudiments.

The land hasn't be cleared and I have a serios concern about this. The organizers should fast-track the process of segregating the plots per the allottees, well tagged and well layout. This should be according to the land requirements of the various crops. Those who have flare for plantain and banana should be joyful because of the presence of water ways within the land.

The land is a reality.......willl your dream be?

2 Likes

Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Sunglow: 11:43am On Dec 05, 2014
Is the offer closed?pls add me on whatsapp.Thanks
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Juliana7: 12:05pm On Dec 05, 2014
Wow! Great project
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by AreaFada2: 1:03pm On Dec 05, 2014
world1:
Most people will not come to Ogbomosho they just want to have the no which doesn't translate to land.
Land is exclusively for those that make it to the farm.

Thanks
WABI

Hi World 1, I am one of those who cannot make it to Ogbomosho and I have to be frank about it. I'm rather very far away. Thousands of miles away in fact. I intend to do all by proxy but I cannot get someone down to Ogbomoso next week.

Can you please device another way for us in Diaspora to key in?

The reason I'm keen on this particular one is that we have many like-minded people intending to do same thing.

Thank you.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 1:31pm On Dec 05, 2014
FINAL LIST OF WABI DECEMBER 2014 PARTICIPANTS

1.MARIA AKPODUADO. Lagos
2. OGUN NOWO SUNDAY. Lagos
3. Adelani Biobaku. Lagos
4. Saka Riliwan. Lagos
5. Akinlolu Olaniran Ibadan
6. OLADEPO GABRIEL OLAYEMI. OSHOGBO
7. Adebisi hammed. Ibadan
8. ADEGOKE TAJUDEEN ADEKUNLE. Ede
9. Akubuo Nora O. Lagos
10. Asoro Amos. Akure
11. Johnson Omorinoye. Ilorin
12. Fidelis Onotu. Lagos
13. Showemimo Akinbowale. Ibadan
14. Balogun Taofiq. Ibadan
15. Anthony Eikore. Lagos
16. Oluwakayode Damola. Lagos
17. Taiwo Adeniyi Fadeyi. Lagos
18. Chukwudum Ifeanyi. Lagos
19. Ehikhuemen Samuel. Akure
20. Kalu Samuel Anya. Lagos
21. Omon Ogudo. Akure
22. Gbadamosi Folawiyo. Ibadan
23. Adebakin Solomon. Lagos
24. Akinyemi Mujeeb Olalekan. Ilorin
25. Khadeejah K. Ibrahim. Abeokuta
26. Otiki A. I. Lagos
27. Adekoya O. Lagos
28. Coker O. Lagos
29. Adekoya S. Lagos
30. Adekoya O. Lagos
31. Adejuwon Niran. Lagos
32. Olokoju Oluwaseyi. Ondo
33. Onwuka Judoka. Lagos
34. Temidayo Komolafe Lagos
35. Hakeem Abdulkareem. Lagos
36. Akintayo Ridwam. Ogbomosho
37. Sanusi Sule. Lagos
38. Bolumade Bolade. Lagos
39. Elijah Abolaji. Ile Ife
40. Balogun Taofiq. Ibadan
41. Abdulhafeez Omotosho. Lagos
42. Daniel Ikekhuah. Lagos
43. Tomiwa Fadahunsi. Ibadan
44. Awoyinka Joshua Olusegun. Lagos
45. Tijani Hammed. Ibadan
46. Oladayo Olayiwola. Lagos
47. Ogunnowo Olawale. Lagos
48. Mordi Michael. Lagos
48. Mordi Michael. Lagos
49. Michael Aduba. Lagos.
50. Akinjide Adelakin. Lagos
51. Onaeko Ayodeji. Ilorin
52. Bello A. Ibrahim. Abeokuta
53. Ikeh Christopher. Lagos
54. Sule Omotayo Akeem. Ondo
55. Ganiyu Omotunde Aminu. Lagos
56. Adegoke Akeem Olarewaju. Oshogo
57. Ojo Justin Daramola. Lagos
58. Oreitan Quazeem. Oyo
59. Mustapha ikolaba. Kaduna
60. Babatunde Shola. Lagos
61. Ajewole Bejide. Lagos
62. Akinola Olatunde. Ogbomosho

1 Like

Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by world1(m): 1:35pm On Dec 05, 2014
AreaFada2:

Hi World 1, I am one of those who cannot make it to Ogbomosho and I have to be frank about it. I'm rather very far away. Thousands of miles away in fact. I intend to do all by proxy but I cannot get someone down to Ogbomoso next week.

Can you please device another way for us in Diaspora to key in?

The reason I'm keen on this particular one is that we have many like-minded people intending to do same thing.

Thank you.
You can contact me.
WABI is an agricultural empowerment program. So we are every where.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Walexwal: 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2014
Is slots still available for new comers world1.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by AreaFada2: 4:08pm On Dec 05, 2014
world1:

You can contact me.
WABI is an agricultural empowerment program. So we are every where.

Thanx bro. I already emailed you on WABI email.

I will still do Sir.
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 05, 2014
my name is not on the list, plot A14 was alotted to me, has my allotment been cancelled or is it because i have not subscribed to the whatsapp group.

am not on whatsapp as i use nokia touch phone.

what am i missing
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by dytbabe: 6:02pm On Dec 05, 2014
Plantain farming on 6 plots.
1. Land-- free
2. Clearing, land preparation @7k per x 6 plots =N42,000
3. Suckers @70 per sucker x 1000 = N70,000
4. Planting @ N20 per sucker x 1000 = N20,000
5. Fertilizer Procurement (NPK & URIAL) N15,000
6. Fertilizer application N9000
7. Poultry waste needed is 10 tonnes. @4k per tonne = N40,000
Total N196,000
Management is individual responsibility. But WABI can help on a special condition.

Potatoes farming on 6 plots. Duration 4months
1. Land-- free
2. Clearing, land preparation 1acre =N42,000
3. Seeds 25,000
4. Planting 10,000
5. Fertilizer Procurement N15,000
Total N101,000
Management is individual responsibility. But WABI can help on a special condition. Profit on this is x3

Soya beans farming on 6 plots.
Duration is 4 moths
1. Land-- free
3. Seeds: 20kg@300/kg= N6, 000
4. Planting = N7,000
Total N79,000
Management is individual responsibility. But WABI can help on a special condition

Cucumber farming on 6 plots.
Duration is 40-70 days
1. Land-- free
3. Seeds: N22,500
4. Planting = N7,000
5. Fertilizer N15,000
7. Nylon: N12,000
Bamboo N5,000
Total N112,000
Management is individual responsibility
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by dytbabe: 6:08pm On Dec 05, 2014
World1 those are those are quotations u gave us right

You also said we will be in groups, so now my questions are

The qoutation of each crop, is it for a particular group or jst an individual?

A group will own 10acres right?
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 05, 2014
Re: YOUNG TRAINEE FARMER'S INITIATIVES W.A.B.I by Teephad(m): 7:39pm On Dec 05, 2014
Plantain farming on 6 plots.
1. Land-- free
3. Suckers @70 per sucker x 1000 = N70,000
4. Planting @ N20 per sucker x 1000 = N20,000
7. Poultry waste needed is 10 tonnes. @4k per tonne = N40,000
Total N196,000
Management is individual responsibility. But WABI can help on a special condition.

Potatoes farming on 6 plots. Duration 4months
1. Land-- free
2. Clearing, land preparation 1acre =N42,000
3. Seeds 25,000
4. Planting 10,000
5. Fertilizer Procurement N15,000
Total N101,000
Management is individual responsibility. But WABI can help on a special condition. Profit on this is x3

Soya beans farming on 6 plots.
Duration is 4 moths
1. Land-- free
3. Seeds: 20kg@300/kg= N6, 000
4. Planting = N7,000
Total N79,000
Management is individual responsibility. But WABI can help on a special condition

Cucumber farming on 6 plots.
Duration is 40-70 days
1. Land-- free
3. Seeds: N22,500
4. Planting = N7,000
5. Fertilizer N15,000
7. Nylon: N12,000
Bamboo N5,000
Total N112,000
Management is individual responsibility

What about SECURITY of the farmland ?...think this should be look into for the safety of the product when nearing harvest..and non budgeted charges on security will not spring up its head afterwards.....what is your take on this ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) / Today I Went To Work On My Pepper Farm (video/pictures) / Black Soldier Fly Larva (BSFL) In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.