Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,484 members, 7,920,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 01:11 PM

Why Is Nobody Talking About Jumia's Black Friday Mishap - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is Nobody Talking About Jumia's Black Friday Mishap (1302 Views)

Share Your Black Friday Shopping Experience / / Everything To Know About Jumia Black Friday / Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Nobody Talking About Jumia's Black Friday Mishap by ducii: 10:05am On Dec 02, 2014
For close to a month, Jumia, one of Nigeria’s largest online retailers, sounded their Black Friday bonanza virtually through every available medium. But when Friday came, and Nigerians came enmasse to their platform as urged, they blanked out.

With Nigerians salivating for the advertised 50 percent discount on the Blackberry Passport, a 50 percent cheaper Samsung Galaxy S5, 30 percent price slash on the Play Station 4 game console and several other mouthwatering deals, Jumia’s website received shoppers too much to handle, and crashed.

At first, the online platform tooted its horn about the record site visits and claimed sales were progressing tremendously, but the said buyers were already flooding their social media pages with frustration. The complaints ranged from the inability to buy an item – any item – to the website not opening at all. It did not take long after that for Jumia’s PR stunts to switch to crisis management; at first they admitted they were struggling with “minor” glitches but soon after, admitted the Black Friday for that day has crashed.

To their credit however, Jumia had its site back up and running and extended their Black Friday sales to Sunday, but the mega deals that attracted Nigerians were no longer there, so too the previously attracted Nigerians.
Here are a few comments I found Online

http://www.ventures-africa.com/2014/12/the-three-blunders-of-jumias-blank-black-friday/
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Jumia's Black Friday Mishap by miqos02(m): 11:41am On Dec 02, 2014
hmmmm
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Jumia's Black Friday Mishap by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 02, 2014
lol
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Jumia's Black Friday Mishap by ducii: 3:21pm On Dec 02, 2014
blink182:
lol

Yea quite funny
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Jumia's Black Friday Mishap by lifestyle1(m): 3:35pm On Dec 02, 2014
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Jumia's Black Friday Mishap by Booty4me: 4:18pm On Dec 02, 2014
Cox we don't give a damn
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Jumia's Black Friday Mishap by ducii: 5:05pm On Dec 02, 2014
Booty4me:
Cox we don't give a damn

ok we hear u
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Jumia's Black Friday Mishap by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 02, 2014
ducii:
For close to a month, Jumia, one of Nigeria’s largest online retailers, sounded their Black Friday bonanza virtually through every available medium. But when Friday came, and Nigerians came enmasse to their platform as urged, they blanked out.

With Nigerians salivating for the advertised 50 percent discount on the Blackberry Passport, a 50 percent cheaper Samsung Galaxy S5, 30 percent price slash on the Play Station 4 game console and several other mouthwatering deals, Jumia’s website received shoppers too much to handle, and crashed.

At first, the online platform tooted its horn about the record site visits and claimed sales were progressing tremendously, but the said buyers were already flooding their social media pages with frustration. The complaints ranged from the inability to buy an item – any item – to the website not opening at all. It did not take long after that for Jumia’s PR stunts to switch to crisis management; at first they admitted they were struggling with “minor” glitches but soon after, admitted the Black Friday for that day has crashed.

To their credit however, Jumia had its site back up and running and extended their Black Friday sales to Sunday, but the mega deals that attracted Nigerians were no longer there, so too the previously attracted Nigerians.
Here are a few comments I found Online

http://www.ventures-africa.com/2014/12/the-three-blunders-of-jumias-blank-black-friday/

I put the blame on gej and shekau (dead or alive).
just blame these guys for everything even if ur dog refuses to bark. grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Jumia's Black Friday Mishap by ducii: 5:34pm On Dec 02, 2014
byrron:

I put the blame on gej and shekau (dead or alive)

U don come oo
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Jumia's Black Friday Mishap by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 02, 2014
ducii:

U don come oo

grin grin grin grin
shebi na wetin dey reign be that for nija.

no one takes responsibility for their actions or inactions any more so the blame game is the only consolatory way out.
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About Jumia's Black Friday Mishap by ducii: 6:03pm On Dec 02, 2014
byrron:

grin grin grin grin
shebi na wetin dey reign be that for nija.

no one takes responsibility for their actions or inactions any more so the blame game is the only consolatory way out.

abi ooo grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Using Cold Calling Method For Your Startup Business / My Sour Experience With Shippyme.com / I Want To Go Into Importation Of Building Materials Any Good Information?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.