Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,285 members, 7,964,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 10:40 AM

May Our Hopes Not Be Dashed Like Amaechi's In Jesus Name. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / May Our Hopes Not Be Dashed Like Amaechi's In Jesus Name. (1019 Views)

Amaechi In A Queue While Boarding A Flight In Abuja.. Photos / This Is Wickedness! See Amaechi In Dustbin(pix) / Picture Of Amaechi In Buba Attire, You Wont Believe He's The One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

May Our Hopes Not Be Dashed Like Amaechi's In Jesus Name. by nku5: 2:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
Saw this on FB. Hilarious stuff. LWKMD!

MAY OUR HOPES NOT BE DASHED LIKE AMAECHI'S IN JESUS NAME.

The hopes of the godly result in happiness, but the expectations of the wicked come to nothing. (Proverbs 20:18)

Waking up this Sunday morning to great news news said to me by my oga Rume Ima Niboro, I realize that all of religion is HOPE. It is hope of heaven that Stephen, the first Christian martyr received his stoning with equanimity. It is hope of God's guidance, protection and provision that will have Christians troop to church this Sunday morning. Sadly, it is also hope for 70 virgins that has people bombing churches and Mosques and killing children etc. May God show mercy to the dead and punish the killers. Amen.

There is nothing more painful than dashed hope. If I may be allowed to be a little salacious, a man awaits a girl he has been chasing. The girl promises to "put out" that night. The man takes a looong warm bath, after many push ups, and waist flexings. Not to be disappointed by blood flow, and not to disappoint the girl, he ingests some expensive boosters, and chews his burantashi, all the time, reading the girl's pings that she is on her way. He is ready and staring through the window and reacting to every bike sound and or knock. By 11 pm, her phone goes off and he cnnot reach her. He says to himself that NEPA has made her phone go off. He keeps waiting and waiting and waiting and it is 2 pm and her phone goes through and she says ....well....any story ...long story....annoying story.
Everyone who read the above has either been placed on "high jump" (as we used to say in Sapele growing up) or has placed someone. This "high jump" is not just in matters of the heart or loins. It could be a promise of a job, money, phone, ipad, ticket, etc etc. The point is, it is heart-wrenching.

Amaechi, governor of Rivers, has received such heart-wrenching. He had been promised presidency by the opposition. All he had to do was take down his "brother" Jonathan. The opposition had noticed a crack in the relationship between he and the president's wife. It was a crack that could easily have been mended with a kind word said, and less intrusiveness perhaps from the First Lady. Amaechi, like most men would have told the president, "bros, tell your wife na. Tell am make she free me small na. She dey fall my hand na. Na your eye I dey look oh". That is how dudes act when one of our girls or wives overstep boundaries. "we dey look our paddy eye." But the opposition saw also the greed, ambition, jealousy and pride, as well as a disloyal spirit and pounced. They promised him, to quote Olisa Metuh "moons." Amaechi was already president in his eyes. He was inviting past speakers from all nooks and crannies, to feasts in PH. He was sponsoring APC events from Sokoto to Ogun. Sahara Reporters and Premium Times reported his spittle as honey dropped caringly on the ground for ants to feed. His farts were perfumes diffused slowly from the great governors butt, for the good of all Nigerians.. He even called himself "a lion". hmmmm. And then the acceptance of something lower. He, Amaechi, that had been assured by the El Rufais that Buhari cannot win an election and will not be picked, find that his role has been tweaked. He will be Buhari's vice. Well, considering GEJ became president through being Veepee, all he had to do was fast and maybe Buhari had 72 would die too. It was a good deal. And he fought on. Moneys he could have used to establish legacies in Rivers, moneys he could have used to better lives of his people, he gave to the press...local and foreign, to politicians, to events, to his hose of Assembly to avoid impeachment...to everyone but Rivers people....well some to Rivers people as well. And now, BUHARI, ATIKU AND TINUBU HAVE LOOKED AT THE VERY ACTIONS THEY HAVE REQUIRED OF AMAECHI, AND AMAECHI HAVING DONE THEM, THEY SEE HOW WELL HE DID THEM AND SAY THOSE VERY ACTIONS MAKE HIM UNTRUSTABLE AND UNFIT FOR VP. na wah. Life Sha!!!

I want to ask my brother Eba Okorodudu White how truly Amaechi is taking this disappointment. Is he still in denial? Does he still feel he will be president or veepee? Is he satisfied with the new rol of "Campaign manager for South South? I he reading the Psalms of David and reciting "How are the mighty fallen, speak it not in Garth, lest the daughters of Philistines rejoice?" What is he thinking now, knowing he has lost a friend in the President, he has divided his people unnecessarily, he has wasted billions and now must, as he himself said, and like James Ibori, prepare for self-exile?

The hopes of the godly result in happiness, but the expectations of the wicked come to nothing. (Proverbs 10:28)

It is why this morning, I plead with Jesus to help me pick my fights and taper my hopes and expectations. I am ambitious, but let my ambition not be inordinate. May God teach me to remember those who help me, as Odili helped Amaechi, and to, unlike AMechi, be grateful and thank them. May God humble me like Fashola, who having all the popularity and support and even ambition, yet bides his time and avoids confrontation with his people. May pride flee from my presence. Let me not wake up one day and tell people "I AM A LION, I AM A LION". Let my roar tell if I am a lion or bingo the local dog.

Baba God, this morning, me and all my people put our hope in you God. No let devil fall our hand in Jesus name we pray. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: May Our Hopes Not Be Dashed Like Amaechi's In Jesus Name. by redcliff: 2:20pm On Dec 02, 2014
One word.. Crap..
no Two words "Crap Post"
Re: May Our Hopes Not Be Dashed Like Amaechi's In Jesus Name. by oluvick(m): 2:39pm On Dec 02, 2014
Well articulated.

I am laughing my eyes out.

Someone said it is "crap" but I say no.

If you have been following the happenings, you will understand.

1 Like

Re: May Our Hopes Not Be Dashed Like Amaechi's In Jesus Name. by nku5: 3:39pm On Dec 02, 2014
grin

I am ambitious, but let my ambition not be inordinate. May God teach me to remember those who help me, as Odili helped Amaechi, and to, unlike AMechi, be grateful and thank them. May God humble me like Fashola, who having all the popularity and support and even ambition, yet bides his time and avoids confrontation with his people. May pride flee from my presence. Let me not wake up one day and tell people "I AM A LION, I AM A LION". Let my roar tell if I am a lion or bingo the local dog.
Re: May Our Hopes Not Be Dashed Like Amaechi's In Jesus Name. by LFJ: 4:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
All these stories just because he failed to support an incompetent president. Your case is more pathetic than the case of Amachi. We know who Amachi is and we can see what he has achieved. Who are you? Tell us what you have achieve?
It is not a crime to aim high, that Amaechi aim to become Nigeria president is not a crime. He has right to it the same way others like Tinubu, Saraki, Tabuwa, and many others who sacrifice their ambition for the betterment of their party.
Re: May Our Hopes Not Be Dashed Like Amaechi's In Jesus Name. by merlin2oo(m): 4:25pm On Dec 02, 2014
For all your articulate jargons, no LIKE no SHARE,am sorry oooo
Re: May Our Hopes Not Be Dashed Like Amaechi's In Jesus Name. by Dewze(m): 4:41pm On Dec 02, 2014
LFJ:
All these stories just because he failed to support an incompetent president. Your case is more pathetic than the case of Amachi. We know who Amachi is and we can see what he has achieved. Who are you? Tell us what you have achieve?
It is not a crime to aim high, that Amaechi aim to become Nigeria president is not a crime. He has right to it the same way others like Tinubu, Saraki, Tabuwa, and many others who sacrifice their ambition for the betterment of their party.
right is not the only thing a person needs to be president, he needs wisdom too.
Re: May Our Hopes Not Be Dashed Like Amaechi's In Jesus Name. by Dereformer(m): 4:58pm On Dec 02, 2014
LFJ:

Why not APC make him the presidential flag bearer?

Amaechi is like the small Nza ( bird) which after having a sumptious meal challenged his Chi (god) to a fight.

Amaechi has and is still dancing surugede without knowing that surugege is the dance of the gods.

Time shall tell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: May Our Hopes Not Be Dashed Like Amaechi's In Jesus Name. by nku5: 5:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
LFJ:

There is a clear difference between aiming high and a ruthless programme to achieve a political goal. The man splashed public cash and even played on ethnicity in the name of "aiming high".

"Moneys he could have used to establish legacies in Rivers, moneys he could have used to better lives of his people, he gave to the press...local and foreign, to politicians, to events, to his hose of Assembly to avoid impeachment...to everyone but Rivers people....well some to Rivers people as well. "

(1) (Reply)

Drawing Life Lessons From APC Primary. / Buhari Vows To Jail Corrupt Politicians / Some Selected Tweets Of Geeral Mohammad Buhari This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.