Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,855 members, 7,899,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 04:23 AM

Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love (46351 Views)

Ladies,can You Propose To A Man,even If You Are 100% Sure He Will Marry You? / LADIES; 5 Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love! / Ladies What Makes You Stay With Your Man Even When You Know He Cheats? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by kazzbab(m): 10:52pm On Dec 02, 2014
All your points are good for those in the world. A godly wife needs not to heed. thanks.

1 Like

Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by samplet(f): 11:01pm On Dec 02, 2014
@Op tanx a million but am so ashamed to anounce 2 u dat, i hav already made all d mistakes listed. wia do i go frm hia? i need ur advice.
Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by chronique(m): 11:05pm On Dec 02, 2014
30 things a lady must never do
60 things you shouldn't take from your man
90 things you must let your man know he should never try
120 don'ts for a modern day lady
150 this and that for a ...

At the end of the day,you all just succeed in causing confusion for yourselves. You guys should keep writing lists.
Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by lilflipnerd: 11:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
ammyluv2002:
7. Never give him money to pay your bride price grin cheesy

Nice write up
That bride price shiit is a scam it's doesn't have any logical reasoning
Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by OwoLee(m): 11:20pm On Dec 02, 2014
lastpage:
Looking at the "seven tips" given by the poster concerning relationships, it is not only silly, it is immature and reeks of crass ignorance!

As someone who is married for close to two decades, l can tell you that l have "forgone" some "moral values" (things very important to me) of mine, to suit my wife. For example, l stopped taking alcohol completely cos my wife does not like it.
She in-turn has had to change some of her own "values" to suit me. That is the way "marriage works" .... give and take!

My wife has had to chose a particular colour of Suits & Tie for me because she thinks it fits me more. She has sewn native Attires for me because she sees it on some men and thinks it will look good on me. I have seen some look beautiful in some clothes or hair do and have told my wife l will like her to try it out and it has always worked. The whole idea is to "compliment each other". We would "adjust for each other" as need arises.

Marriage means TWO DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES ARE "TRYING" TO BECOME ONE! (Take note: I said "trying"!).
There is no more two unique personalities! You cant be striving for "uniqueness" in a marriage... what you strive for is "blending"!

growing-up, l have heard "intelligent and matured people" say that when you live long enough with your spouse in a good and healthy relationship/marriage, tow of you start "resembling each other and becoming like Brother and Sister"!
I am sure other people have heard this also.
That is "blending".... not Uniqueness.

As for "handing over the reins", ..... you never had the reins! NEVER!!
But a smart woman knows that despite not holding the "reins"... she can direct the "holder" to steer the horse in the direction she want!
It just takes "subtleness and confidence inspiring" to make a husband do what you want...... not all these "gar-gra and over-sabi"
"Good Mothers" need to inculcate this into their daughters and live by such example.... as my wife is doing. kiss
My own wife knows that if she tries to 'struggle or order me around' on something, l will do the "exact opposite" but because she uses the "right approach" as a wife, l will sacrifice my life for her!

We dont even have this "power struggle" as each one of us is "always trying" to satisfy the other and make the other person happier. Making her happy is my goal and she does her possible best to ensure that l am happy as well.
What else does one want from a spouse or in a marriage? kiss kiss kiss

When immature folks come on here to post nonsense in form of "advice", like they are some authority on "How marriage woks", l just pity the foolish person that will "swallow such gibberish" and start acting it out in their own relationship.
Dont give advice, (even if it is copy and paste) on what you are clueless about.

Anyway, its your life, you can ruin it if you want but dont blame one "foolishly anonymous post" on Nairaland.
Discretion is always advised.

Lastpage!

God bless U bro. for this word of wisdom, still some people will not get it, they have programmed their life to what society is preaching nd not what the word of God is telling us...that is why there is so much impunity everywhere, divorce is the other of the day after a glamorous wedding...Ladies, u need not fight for who should be in control instead make your position as wife a envious, blissful, full with pride for anybody to follow...

1 Like

Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 02, 2014
lastpage:
Looking at the "seven tips" given by the poster concerning relationships, it is not only silly, it is immature and reeks of crass ignorance!

As someone who is married for close to two decades, l can tell you that l have "forgone" some "moral values" (things very important to me) of mine, to suit my wife. For example, l stopped taking alcohol completely cos my wife does not like it.
She in-turn has had to change some of her own "values" to suit me. That is the way "marriage works" .... give and take!

My wife has had to chose a particular colour of Suits & Tie for me because she thinks it fits me more. She has sewn native Attires for me because she sees it on some men and thinks it will look good on me. I have seen some look beautiful in some clothes or hair do and have told my wife l will like her to try it out and it has always worked. The whole idea is to "compliment each other". We would "adjust for each other" as need arises.

Marriage means TWO DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES ARE "TRYING" TO BECOME ONE! (Take note: I said "trying"!).
There is no more two unique personalities! You cant be striving for "uniqueness" in a marriage... what you strive for is "blending"!

growing-up, l have heard "intelligent and matured people" say that when you live long enough with your spouse in a good and healthy relationship/marriage, tow of you start "resembling each other and becoming like Brother and Sister"!
I am sure other people have heard this also.
That is "blending".... not Uniqueness.

As for "handing over the reins", ..... you never had the reins! NEVER!!
But a smart woman knows that despite not holding the "reins"... she can direct the "holder" to steer the horse in the direction she want!
It just takes "subtleness and confidence inspiring" to make a husband do what you want...... not all these "gar-gra and over-sabi"
"Good Mothers" need to inculcate this into their daughters and live by such example.... as my wife is doing. kiss
My own wife knows that if she tries to 'struggle or order me around' on something, l will do the "exact opposite" but because she uses the "right approach" as a wife, l will sacrifice my life for her!

We dont even have this "power struggle" as each one of us is "always trying" to satisfy the other and make the other person happier. Making her happy is my goal and she does her possible best to ensure that l am happy as well.
What else does one want from a spouse or in a marriage? kiss kiss kiss

When immature folks come on here to post nonsense in form of "advice", like they are some authority on "How marriage woks", l just pity the foolish person that will "swallow such gibberish" and start acting it out in their own relationship.
Dont give advice, (even if it is copy and paste) on what you are clueless about.

Anyway, its your life, you can ruin it if you want but dont blame one "foolishly anonymous post" on Nairaland.
Discretion is always advised.

Lastpage!
Tnk u sir, as you can see it is copy and paste, I dnt agree with some of it either. I posted it cos sm people might find it useful
Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 02, 2014
OlamiB:
When two people come together in a relationship, it is important that they make certain adjustments. This helps their bond to grow stronger and fonder. But, always remember that a healthy relationship is a two-way street. A place where both partners are equal at all levels. We say so because when you look around you find that it is the woman who makes more than her fair share of sacrifices and compromises for her men. Especially after marriage, she is the one who is expected to make all the adjustments and changes. Ladies, while you might be doing some things happily, there are some crucial aspects in which you should never compromise evem when you are in love. Here are some things that you should never do for your man

1. Ignore Your Dreams

Just because he wants you to spend time with him or be around him always, should not make you feel guilty into turning down that big promotion or the chance to go for thyuat prestigious conference abroad. He should never ask you to make a choice between your dreams and him. There should always be a common ground to work on. Ask yourself, would you be happy in a relationship where you have to give up your hard-earned dreams? If he loves you, he will understand that your dreams and career are as important as his.

2. Modify your values

All of us have our own set of moral values and principles that we believe in. These values form our identity and individuality to a good extent. Never try to change your morals just because your man wants you to. Even if you two don’t share common values, he should always respect yours, rather than change them. This is not just about moral values; it is also about religion and beliefs. Such things cannot and should not ever be changed just because someone else wants you to do so.

3. Change Your Look

woman should never change her appearance or the way she looks only because her man desires so. Subtle changes are acceptable, like dressing and styling ones. But if he wants you to go for surgeries to change certain aspect of your appearance then never agree to it. He should admire your natural beauty and not work towards changing it. Just because he doesn’t like the way your nose looks or if he finds your ears too pointy, it should not guilt-trip you into going for something as drastic as a surgery.

4. Sacrifice your personal space

Even your family and friends need your time and attention, and this is something even you enjoy, right? So, never sacrifice your personal space and time that you should be spending with them just because he wants you to. Try to divide it and strike a balance. Just because you are in a relationship does not mean that you do not need anyone else apart from him. And, he should understand and respect that.

5. Forget Who You Are

Never try to act what you are not. Do not show that you are less intelligent than him just to boost his ego or only because it will make him happy. Men like independent women, so acting stupid is not going to help at all. Also, you should not change your likes and dislikes for him. These things make you unique. So, do not lose your individuality and identity for a man. At least, not when you are being forced to do so

6. Handing over the reins

Never give him the access to be in control of you. No matter how much you love him, the decisions should always be mutual. He should never make the final decision of what you should and shouldn’t do. Always discuss with him, but make your decision keeping your own lifestyles and choices in mind.

Ladies, keep these things in mind. There are certain aspects of your personality that you should not change for a man, even when you are in love. If you are not true to yourself, you can never be true to your relationship!

Source: copy and paste grin
I am not a feminist and I am equally not against anybody's relationship progress, like LASTPAGE said all these might not be able to give a good relationship. I am against some of the list too, I only posted cos I think it might be helpful to ladies that doesn't believe in what I do. Its copy and paste, I didn't form it!
Whichever think you believe in, dnt let a list probablyy compiled by westerners spoil ur marriage, this is AFRICA
G night everybody
Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 02, 2014
@OlamiB Ladies should never ever ever ever spend their money on men. Whether it is your hard-earned money, runs-earned money, theft-earned money or unearned money. The guy ll just use your money to razzle other chics and there's nothing you can do about it. A neighbour of mine was supporting this urchin-of-a-man she had been dating for 6 years. She had a well-paying job and even bought the fool a car. They made plans to get married and on the day he was supposed to meet her family, he bailed! He ran off with all his stuff and stood her up. A mutual friend of theirs broke the news to her a year later that he had relocated to another city and married another girl (a girl he had been dating for a longer time than her).
In a nutshell ladies: to avoid a nollywood-like drama playing itself out at your expense, don't give any man your money. A real man has pride and where is his pride if he cannot cater for the one he loves?

1 Like

Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by BOMANY: 11:37pm On Dec 02, 2014
Sorry, Your points indicate experience, immaturity & over self estimation
you left the main point which is never give him money and pointed out what can never make a family. Women with such attitude can never pass girlfriend stage even when they get married. In marriage both partners sacrifice, from their time, dreams, space etc, otherwise they should nt marry
lol

1 Like

Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by OboloMAN: 11:44pm On Dec 02, 2014
And that's how all the Men in the OPs life left Her.

Now She's 42 still Searching.

Oya kontinu..... be forming Principles.. lol..

2 Likes

Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by dannyodia101(m): 11:45pm On Dec 02, 2014
SIX (6) WAYS OF ACCEPTING PEOPLE FOR WHO THEY
ARE /p4TA5v-5b www.dannyworldng.
Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 03, 2014
BOMANY:

Sorry, Your points indicate experience, immaturity & over self estimation
you left the main point which is never give him money and pointed out what can never make a family. Women with such attitude can never pass girlfriend stage even when they get married. In marriage both partners sacrifice, from their time, dreams, space etc, otherwise they should nt marry
lol

It is copyy and paste sir! It has nothing to do wimme
Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 03, 2014
OboloMAN:
And that's how all the Men in the OPs life left Her.

Now She's 42 still Searching.

Oya kontinu..... be forming Principles.. lol..
It is copyy and paste sir! It has nothing to do wimme
Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by Nobody: 12:07am On Dec 03, 2014
samplet:
@Op tanx a million but am so ashamed to anounce 2 u dat, i hav already made all d mistakes listed. wia do i go frm hia? i need ur advice.
I dunno my sister, u should try to get things to normal

1 Like

Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by 14DUI(m): 12:31am On Dec 03, 2014
OP, are you married? if yes, then your days are numbered, if no, your days are numbered.
it's not compulsory to get married, all these western values bring about what i call "Dalemosism" why can't you give yourself to him and see who is in control.

when a woman give the man to lead, she is indirectly leading him because the man will trust her more, hence indirectly she will be in charge of almost everything the man does.

2 Likes

Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by fem88(m): 12:51am On Dec 03, 2014
Hmmmm...I don't agree with some of these points cos it looks to me like the people are planning to take over.Remember Na Africa we dey ooo
Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by madjune(m): 1:19am On Dec 03, 2014
I saw this thread rather late. Who wrote this?

Presently, we've been beseiged with rising divorce cases in Nigeria and this OP is telling ladies not to HAND IN THE REINS, and explicitly advised, "never allow your husband to control you..."

Ladies, you heed this advice at your own risk.

Personally, I think OP is a divorce agent.

1 Like

Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by lafflaff123(m): 1:31am On Dec 03, 2014
Who ever wrote this post has never visited Chris oko ties church, the Redeem church and Winners Chapel, plus most banks in Nigeria.

The amount of single girls there will do and give more than the poster wrote to be called a WIFE.

A typical Naija girl wan flaunt that ring for their friends wey never marry for every pishor for facebook.

A big shout out to every guy doing well in life and making this girls wait in a long line thinking it's them that will get the ring, thieves.

There is a reason why we are called eligible. Team sample all open eye girls then go village go marry virgin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by dioman: 1:53am On Dec 03, 2014
akinsadeez:

Hehehehe. grin. true though.

But what if he says the only thing stopping him is dat he doesn't have d bride price and d lady is already in her thirties? undecided
She can help on other things but for bride price, we have to pay because that's the tradition. A man must marry a woman not contrary.
Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by Nobody: 2:25am On Dec 03, 2014
dechandel:

Never wear his engagement ring for more than two years undecided
After that auction it for any price to purchase a jeans pant. tongue
Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by manmade(m): 2:46am On Dec 03, 2014
Thank God my newly married sis is not reading this less her hubby send her packing in no time! This is a good recipe for broken home

1 Like

Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by DukeNija(m): 3:51am On Dec 03, 2014
BellaBambina:
@OlamiB Ladies should never ever ever ever spend their money on men. Whether it is your hard-earned money, runs-earned money, theft-earned money or unearned money. The guy ll just use your money to razzle other chics and there's nothing you can do about it. A neighbour of mine was supporting this urchin-of-a-man she had been dating for 6 years. She had a well-paying job and even bought the fool a car. They made plans to get married and on the day he was supposed to meet her family, he bailed! He ran off with all his stuff and stood her up. A mutual friend of theirs broke the news to her a year later that he had relocated to another city and married another girl (a girl he had been dating for a longer time than her).
In a nutshell ladies: to avoid a nollywood-like drama playing itself out at your expense, don't give any man your money. A real man has pride and where is his pride if he cannot cater for the one he loves?

But the man should give the lady money abi? And buy her gifts like flowers, jewellery, shoes, bags e.t.c right?
He should cater for the woman he loves, but the woman can't repay the favour because she doesn't love him right? So the woman has the monopoly of receiving without giving anything in return right? Mtcheeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by t2luv1: 4:31am On Dec 03, 2014
dechandel:

Never wear his engagement ring for more than two years undecided

At least be nice and give it back to him.
Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by linearity: 5:44am On Dec 03, 2014
OlamiB:

3. Change Your Look

woman should never change her appearance or the way she looks only because her man desires so. Subtle changes are acceptable, like dressing and styling ones. But if he wants you to go for surgeries to change certain aspect of your appearance then never agree to it. He should admire your natural beauty and not work towards changing it. Just because he doesn’t like the way your nose looks or if he finds your ears too pointy, it should not guilt-trip you into going for something as drastic as a surgery.

Source: copy and paste grin

No.3 is a double edged sword and it cuts both ways and many ladies are guilty of it. To most ladies, marriage is a destination, it is a goal, etc...However to most guys, marriage is one item some of us need to check-off on our to-do list and immediately after, we go about the other todo items.

Just like every one of us relaxes, take a deep sign of relief, throw the cloths, shoes, books away carelessly when we arrive to our destination (or home after a hard day at work or school)...some ladies take the deep sign of relief, give up their looks, themselves, etc once they get married...after-all 'we don marry na'...they will say to themselves. Before they use to hit the gym, now no big deal; before they use to dress nicely before leaving the house, now no need..., they use to watch their weight and watch what they eat, no no more..."I no longer need to attract anyone now, I have my man' they may say...but the truth is, we still need to spice things up...do not let it go.

You remember the first time we saw you at the bus/stop and approached you to strike a conversation? it was what we saw that made us to cross the road and approach you...eventually when we started the relationship, we got to know you better and developed a deep liking and love for you, hence we decided that you are the one, we will spend the rest of our life with, but do not neglect the days of little beginnings, do not forget the foundation, do not forget who you were and how you look when we first saw you and got attracted to you, even when we don't know you from Eve or Adam...Yes we know that as we both age and grow old, some rough patches will appear here or there, we love those patches too, we only ask that you maintain them.
Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by Oomedical: 5:52am On Dec 03, 2014
mesoade:
Even after reading this,some girls will still remain adamant blaiming it on love . . Love kor attraction ni
Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by linearity: 5:57am On Dec 03, 2014
dioman:

She can help on other things but for bride price, we have to pay because that's the tradition. A man must marry a woman not contrary.

If you want to apply that standard, you should go all the way....it is the man that is marrying the lady and not the other way around...so if it is kind of taboo or un-traditional for the lady to contribution money to her bride price, then she should not contribute any kobo towards to the traditional marriage.

Asking the lady not to contribute to the bride price but to contribute towards buying drinks or something else that will be needed is immaterial because, the guy will just reallocate the funds, whereas he was short on the bride price money before, now he can because the lady gave him money for the drinks or defer cost of other aspect of the traditional wedding...for all I care, the lady might have as well ask him not to use the money she is giving him for buying drinks or deferring the cost of other aspects of the traditional rites, but to use it specifically for paying her bride price.

So, anytime a lady contribute a penny towards her traditional wedding, she have actually indirectly/directly contributed towards her bride price.
Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by MhisIjay(f): 5:57am On Dec 03, 2014
DONT EVER SEND UR NUDE OR SEMI-NUDE PICS TO HIM angry
Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by ammyluv2002(f): 6:32am On Dec 03, 2014
lilflipnerd:
That bride price shiit is a scam it's doesn't have any logical reasoning
Funny
Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by Dreyl(m): 6:37am On Dec 03, 2014
SAMBARRY:
chaiiii because it hit some people's fragile egos

grin

mtchwwwww undecided
Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by dechandel(f): 6:47am On Dec 03, 2014
all4naija:
After that auction it for any price to purchase a jeans pant. tongue

Exactly.. But not a jeans pant tongue something worth my wasted time with him.. Chocolate grin
Re: Six Things You Should Never Do For A Man Even When In Love by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 03, 2014
OlamiB:

I am not a feminist and I am equally not against anybody's relationship progress, like LASTPAGE said all these might not be able to give a good relationship. I am against some of the list too, I only posted cos I think it might be helpful to ladies that doesn't believe in what I do. Its copy and paste, I didn't form it!
Whichever think you believe in, dnt let a list probablyy compiled by westerners spoil ur marriage, this is AFRICA
G night everybody
I only pity the fools who will swallow your dangerous advice hook line and sinker. It takes a lot of compromise, blending, changing to make a successful home. You advice ladies to remain adamant to changes in values. You adviced ladies to be unsubmissive in their marriage and i believe some foolish married women who are having submissive issues will make this an excuse to further burn their marriages down. The list you are stupidly and ignorantly publishing on social media could break homes. Be warned!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Get A Girl Hot And Wet Just By Sitting Next To Her / My True Life Love Story / 'Started In The Friend Zone, Now We Are Getting Married' - US Basketball Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.