Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,375 members, 7,881,348 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:23 PM

Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth - Family (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth (57003 Views)

My Aunty Gave Me Her Breast Milk To Drink: Right Or Wrong? / Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives / Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
Missmeiya ,CFCfan and co make una start the thread already,it is long overdue
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 04, 2014
babyosisi:
Missmeiya ,CFCfan and co make una start the thread already,it is long overdue

I'm waiting for feedback. But if I don't hear from anyone, I'll go ahead and do it undecided
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 04, 2014
MissMeiya:

I'm waiting for feedback. But if I don't hear from anyone, I'll go ahead and do it undecided

Responded to your email
Please only count donations from old reliable members as the prize money,if we get more,they will be consolation prizes and additions.
That is my major thing
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Idowuogbo(f): 2:04pm On Dec 04, 2014
Hmmm....
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by armyofone(m): 2:19pm On Dec 04, 2014
Good job Osisi and everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Idowuogbo(f): 2:28pm On Dec 04, 2014
slap1:
How many years unemployment experience is required?
Oh lawd grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Idowuogbo(f): 2:32pm On Dec 04, 2014
ZUBY77:

I am not. I want this rubbish off front page. This is a campaign.

I m giving out many bags of rice and cash this Christmas and expect nothing in return. That's the meaning of gift.

Not demanding for essays and certificates and oath of unemployment from a million people just to give one person 100 dollars. Not even in naira.
This is an insult to Nigeria.
oga zuby,easy oo! Btw, the bags of rice you are sharing,biko branch my house con deliver my own ooo... embarassed tongue
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by chibwike(m): 2:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

No, I will be gone when people stop quoting me. I have the right to reply to people who quote me whether you like it or not.

To think that some gullible, young people will consider revealing their identities and information about themselves for a 100$ lipsrsealed

Oya dash me 18k...

Should i send my acct number?

2 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by dapotemi: 2:55pm On Dec 04, 2014
Oya make we start ooooooo
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 04, 2014
colossus2:

That wasn't necessary dear

Oh heavens that was very necessary. People should do their own no conditions attached posts and leave the poster to her own choice.

3 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 04, 2014
[size=18pt]Ladies and gentlemen the hour awaited is almost here
Watch out for the new and improved competition thread in Education section of the forum.[/size]

[size=18pt]
Calling all recent graduates and undergraduates
Get ready[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 04, 2014
Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by 2legit2qwt: 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2014
Wow! The only thing i could pick out of this thread is the same damn sense of entitlement Nigerians have, home and abroad.

Someone decides to give out her hard earned money and people getting upset about the criteria or how small it is. I've seen scholarships of $100 given in my undergrad days and it wasn't given without anything to show for it.

Nothing comes easy and people do work for every $1. It ain't like Nigeria where you manipulate the book and reap where you never sowed.

I bet most of them can't boast of that in their account but wanna act all Bill Gate. Even if you do, how many of you guys have thought about doing that or/and actually did it?

I can't stand this attitude, it stinks and it's the reason that country is fuked up with fuked up people and their warped way of thinking.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by soonest(f): 7:49pm On Dec 04, 2014
Babyosisi, you have done well. May God bless your hussle

4 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by 2legit2qwt: 7:52pm On Dec 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

When I donate money, I donate money. I don't expect people to work for the money and I don't make them share their private lives, certificates and problems with the whole world. This is what donations are about. Giving without expecting ANYTHING in return.

Apart from that, when I choose to give money to the less fortunate then I don't want other people to know it.

Who gives a sh1t? It doesn't matter and this ain't about you. It's her money. No one makes the rule when you decided to do your thing. This is babyOsisi's money and her rule.

Good job @ Op.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Ishilove: 8:36pm On Dec 04, 2014
2legit2qwt:
Wow! The only thing i could pick out of this thread is the same damn sense of entitlement Nigerians have, home and abroad.

Someone decides to give out her hard earned money and people getting upset about the criteria or how small it is. I've seen scholarships of $100 given in my undergrad days and it wasn't given without anything to show for it.

Nothing comes easy and people do work for every $1. It ain't like Nigeria where you manipulate the book and reap where you never sowed.

I bet most of them can't boast of that in their account but wanna act all Bill Gate. Even if you do, how many of you guys have thought about doing that or/and actually did it?

I can't stand this attitude, it stinks and it's the reason that country is fuked up with fuked up people and their warped way of thinking.

My son, you have spoken well... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by sonnie10: 10:43pm On Dec 04, 2014
2legit2qwt:

Who gives a sh1t? It doesn't matter and this ain't about you. It's her money. No one makes the rule when you decided to do your thing. This is babyOsisi's money and her rule.

Good job @ Op.

I would have just clicked the Like Button, but i prefer to say thank you for this comment.

3 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by donodion(m): 7:11am On Dec 05, 2014
babyosisi:
I just thought of blessing someone this Christmas season and I thought what better people than the youths of our nation suffering under corrupt leadership with empty unfulfilled promises.
It's not much
Just $100 only
I tried doing this many years ago but it didn't get much support

CFCfan,berem and Cococandy can you help me be the judges

[size=18pt]Selection criteria[/size]

1) You must reside in Nigeria

2).Your handle must have been registered on nairaland for at least one full calendar year with up to 200 posts or more to qualify
If you have a job please don't bring bad fortune on yourself by claiming to be unemployed.

3) Write a short story here ( not more than 250 words) titled " An event in my childhood that impacted me greatly"
Please make sure to edit your spellings and get your tenses right,no bad English please,it will affect the decision.

4) You must also tell us at the beginning of your story what university,polytechnic or college of education you graduated from and what course you studied,with a picture of your certificate as an attachment to your short story.( please cover your name)

[size=18pt]
Applications without meeting all the criteria will be thrown out.[/size]

The winner will be announced on December 14th and the award given on December 16th

Let the stories begin

Modified,the money is now up to $450 with other donors,the judges berem CFCfan and Missmeiya will open the competition on another thread tomorrow
Watch out

LOL...Osis Obama....on top 100....you wan collect full personal profile..you be FBI ni?grin grin grin

well sha have fun my sister.

2 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Angeldemivida: 11:08pm On Dec 05, 2014
babyosisi:

You can help out those ones can't you?
If their stories touched you, do something about it,don't you have a heart?
Why direct them to others for help when you can help their situation,How can you be this wicked and heartless?

Oops did I hurt your feelings?
Didn't mean to? You don't have to get all that verbally defensive, trying to hit back with those energy consuming adjectives. We ain't bitching.
Yes I intend to help them too, I saw a thread that says that there's free money to be given out and decided to draw attention to those ones(Livingstone and Harisibor) that need it desperately so that they can be helped the same way we all rallied around DJDola. They need help too.

Go ahead, do your thing if "that" makes you happy.

4 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by InvertedHammer: 6:20am On Dec 11, 2014
babyosisi:
https://www.nairaland.com/2029138/babyosisi-christmas-essay-contest#28594260
/

Essay contest? Yaaaaaah!!!!

Finally. Common sense prevailed.

Xmas is two weeks away o!

\

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by DEGREE2466(m): 3:58pm On Dec 12, 2014
Having read through the post and comments before me. These are my observation/opinion.

1. The competition/gift is too selective!

2. Graduates who have spend not less than four years + one service year are the target audience.

3. They are to go through test thereby making their chances of getting the gift conditional

4. The amount of money seems to be one of the controversies but to me it should not. The fact that the gift carries high criteria should be the ultimate issue.

5. Op has sworn not to go back to her set standard.

I have to say that it is ridiculous and mockery of nigeria situation because this type of money should be needed more by undergraduates than unemployed graduates as the amount is not sufficient to start a smale scale business so why make it look like you are giving it to those who will use it to change their life?

Op thank you for your initiative. I have not worn my kharki uniform yet so dont expect my application

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 12, 2014
DEGREE2466:
Having read through the post and comments before me. These are my observation/opinion.

1. The competition/gift is too selective!

2. Graduates who have spend not less than four years + one service year are the target audience.

3. They are to go through test thereby making their chances of getting the gift conditional

4. The amount of money seems to be one of the controversies but to me it should not. The fact that the gift carries high criteria should be the ultimate issue.

5. Op has sworn not to go back to her set standard.

I have to say that it is ridiculous and mockery of nigeria situation because this type of money should be needed more by undergraduates than unemployed graduates as the amount is not sufficient to start a smale scale business so why make it look like you are giving it to those who will use it to change their life?

Op thank you for your initiative. I have not worn my kharki uniform yet so dont expect my application

Essay Contest here: https://www.nairaland.com/2029138/babyosisi-christmas-essay-contest

2 Likes

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 21, 2014
The best gift for an unemployed youth is employment. Give him money today and see him back again tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth by Veryfoolishboy: 4:55pm On Oct 19, 2021
cococandy:
Babyosisi Nice move nwanyi oma.

However I'm not sure I will be able to judge so that I don't promise and end up disappointing.

God will keep blessing you and all those who help others. Amen

Amen ... Was going through Nairaland and found this thread

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies / My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business / Lady Finds Out Her Husband Of 4 Months Is A Car Wash Boy And Not A Car Dealer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.