Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,247 members, 7,880,921 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:18 AM

Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin (13913 Views)

Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa / Tola Oyediran, Obafemi Awolowo's Eldest Daughter Revealed (pic) / Koye Olu Ibukun The ECOWAS DIPLOMAT Who Moved Ebola To Port Harcourt Photo! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by naijaking1: 11:14am On Dec 03, 2008
KnowAll:

The Yoruba corpers got caught in the emotions of these angry mob, I will call it [b]collateral Damage, it happens all over the world wherever there are conflicts. I do not think for a moment taht the mob went all out seeking for yourbas to kill. So poster do not whip up un-neccsary sentiments here. I am also a yoruba man too. If you want to know what collateral damage is I will suggest you go and take up an appointment in Iraq and lets see if you will come out of it alive.[/b]

I'm sorry to sound tribalistic, but that's a typical Yoruba lakadiasical attitude when they think it's not their own house on fire. You can go back as far back as Afonja and Alimi in Illorin, Awolowo, declaration of Oduduwa/Biafra nations, and annulment of Abiola's election on June 12th- most people cried foul, but continued going about their business without raising a finger.

Now more than 300 people have been killed for unjustifiable reasons, with 3 identified as NYSC members/and many other yet unidentified Yorubas, and you have the gut to dismiss it as a collateral damage? You call it collateral damage because somehow, you don't see how the victims might have been you or somebody you know.

You should be ashamed.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by KnowAll(m): 11:41am On Dec 03, 2008
Mobs in the world over are the same.

1. Mobs are never rational

2. Mobs get caught up in the hysteria and anarchy and anything can happen- How else would explain the Mumbai terrorist spraying there machine guns on anything that moves are the central Mumbai station. They claim to be fighting for Islam but a lot of muslims, Hindus and christains were caught up in this orgyof frenzied killing.

3. Take it or leave it its collatral damage.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by vicade(m): 11:52am On Dec 03, 2008
naijaking1:

Your patronizing attitude towards the Igbos is quite chilling for someone preaching One-Nigeria and peaceful co-existence.

whether i preach it or not does not matter. Is there one Nigeria today is the issue?Just imagine if Pakistan and India are still one country. This is not the first of such kind of riots and SADLY, it MIGHT nt be the last.

I am a yoruba boy and i am not dating an igbo call or anything so i have no bias towards the igbos. Only stated the obvious
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by Pataki: 12:09pm On Dec 03, 2008
Muza:

dazangel11 dan uwarki shegiya,
Any body reading what you wrote will just laugh  grin,
U are so ignorant and shallow.
Nobody has been complaining about the Niger delta terrorists.
All those making noise don't even know what happened.
Big fools kawai  grin
Musa this matter to you is a source of humor? Or can you care to enlighten on what really happened if you are not so ignorant and shallow? Niger Delta is another issue for another thread. Can't you people reason at all? Looking for straws to grasp at!
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by kenniebaby(f): 12:37pm On Dec 03, 2008
"My concern however is why the Nigerian government should subject our children to death on annual basis? Every year, Youth Corpers die in their numbers. The government should please scrap this programme. Parents would have laboured to educate their children and in the process of doing the youth service, those children will die. This is very unfair," Akinjogbin said.
these were d words of the father of one of corpers killed,i read dis piece with tears in my eyes and with a very heavy heart.am a corper too bt in lagos and God knws i ve hated it 4rm d very first dayi set my feet in d camp,i ve alwys be against d so called service because i see nd hear stories dat mk me cry all d tym abt youth corps.can d house of assembly pls visit dis programme again,cancel it or post people to where they live so dat there people can wash over them in cases like dis,inshort i want d programm canceled bt i knw d greedy ones dat eat 4rm it wont agree,imagine usin 50thousand naira to kit a corper and d kits re jst rubbish.i thnk dis is a story 4 anoder day.Dear God,pls save us corpers.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by KnowAll(m): 12:47pm On Dec 03, 2008
I think NYSC has run its course and should be scrapped. If a Yoruba man or Igbo man chooses to live in Jos and now gets caught up in such mob violence then he or she should be blamed. But for the govt to send someone to far away lands in the name of Youth service is Gross, they are not diffrent from a soldier who goes to war and dies in the war. The only diffrence is the soldier chose to join but the corper did not choose to go. I hope their families will be compensated handsomely and the whole NYSC scheme scrapped.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by grafikdon: 1:00pm On Dec 03, 2008
KnowAll:

I think NYSC has run its course and should be scrapped. [size=14pt][b]If a Yoruba man or Igbo man chooses to live in Jos and now gets caught up in such mob violence then he or she should be blamed[/size]. But for the govt to send someone to far away lands in the name of Youth service is Gross, they are not diffrent from a soldier who goes to war and dies in the war. The only diffrence is the soldier chose to join but the corper did not choose to go. I hope their families will be compensated handsomely and the whole NYSC scheme scrapped.[/b]

You should be ashamed of yourself for this nonsensical drivel. Sure, no need to blame the brainless imbeciles who go on a killing spree anytime they smell fart but heap all the blame on innocent citizens who are just earning their living in "One Nigeria". I guess it is your way of asking them "What are you doing in Jos, why not go back to your village?"I am sure you wouldn't be typing this gibberish if they'd sent back the decapitated and mutilated corpse of someone related to you by blood. . . I can bet my life savings on that, because I know I will win.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by KnowAll(m): 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2008
@Grafikdorn,

I am a Yoruba Nationalist and you will not catch me or any of my relative in Jos or in Northern Nigeria, these people are still far behind in civilisation how could anybody that call himself a human being result to such frenzied killing are they human ? Me I will like to live with real human beings not animals. If you want to live with animals thats your own wahala.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by AmakaOne(f): 1:18pm On Dec 03, 2008
The Almajiri heritage is, like the madrassahs in Central Asia, a system of Muslim education that dates back several centuries. With the imposition of British colonial rule between 1902 and 1960 on parts of the Sokoto Empire that currently constitute northern Nigeria, the North's amalgamation with Southern Nigerian British protectorates in 1914, and the formal abolition of slavery in northern Nigeria in 1936, this heritage underwent major structural and functional transformations.

Given the lessons from the 1980 Maitatsine terrorist insurgence in Kano, Nigeria, and the rise of Islamic fundamentalism in northern Nigeria since 1999, a potential exists that the heritage may have evolved into an apparatus for perpetuating terrorism.

There are reasons for the growing terrorist potential of the Almajiri heritage.

These people and their culture and ethos perpetuate a constant threat of terrorism against the state of Nigeria and its people as a whole.

It is truly sad that the Government of our "One Nigeria"  does not see fit to do anything about this despite the havoc that it is wreaking on Nigeria and the hundreds of lives lost.

I weep for my fatherland   cry
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by SegzyJoe(m): 1:28pm On Dec 03, 2008
@Quotasys
I hate the fact that am directing this post to you, usually am pissed off by your kind of unintelligible ranting, but because I know there re non-Nigerians on this site, I also know that whoever sow the wind will reap the whirlwind, but it grieved my heart to know that in you, nemesis is now catching up with Nigeria.  Your arguement lacks merit, it defies logic and an insult to rationality. Not minding the way and manner of your expression, your mindset is archaic, uncultured, ruthless and rusty. If you go to school at all, you re a bundle of lies and intellectual bankruptcy.

Please think about the rest of us that you represent on this website, it will be a shame if our brothers and sisters across the globe thinks you re the best brain that could come out of Nigeria.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by debosky(m): 1:53pm On Dec 03, 2008
Let the deluded 'education apostles' continue.

People who will kill others at the slightest 'provocation' cannot be 'educated' to do otherwise - You either create a GREATER threat to them than they can pose to others or forget it. When educated people, who have lived within 'laws' for years but on the onset of this madness pick weapons and start killing their neighbours who they ate with yesterday and you still call for education?

Keep writing long winded posts about education.

Some say it's the 'little things' that distract us? LITTLE? A bunch of jobless people who will only get income from the LGA chairman doling out cash will KILL if necessary. That is not a matter of 'education' either.

You cannot 'educate' someone to stop leeching off another one, and as far as Nigeria remains in it's current from, that will continue. To assume otherwise is not only foolish, it is idiotic.

Who is going to compel the Imams to 'educate' people? Imams that would likely be killed themselves if they speak against the bloodthirsty mob?

Again I ask - do you need to educate grown people, not child soldiers forced into war, not people whose parents were killed before their eyes. People who have lived in communities with other tribes for ages - do you still need to educate them that killing others is wrong??
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by AmakaOne(f): 1:56pm On Dec 03, 2008
debosky:

Again I ask - do you need to educate grown people, not child soldiers forced into war, not people whose parents were killed before their eyes. People who have lived in communities with other tribes for ages - do you still need to educate them that killing others is wrong??

I CONCUR 100%
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by debosky(m): 1:59pm On Dec 03, 2008
Some people keep making examples of 'the West' as places where the people would turn wild without 'laws and education' - is the South of Nigeria not under similar conditions to the North? Do people set out to kill others based on someone insulting Christianity?

The president said 'CAN my foot' - was there even an angry stone thrown? But let someone even call Mohammed 'Mo' on TV and see how many lives will be lost.

These are a bunch of intolerant people who will do anything to force their worldview on others. This is the essence of their behaviour. Till we realise that and stop painting things rosy to sound 'civilised', this is a waste of time.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by Kobojunkie: 2:03pm On Dec 03, 2008
Excuses galore!!!! roflmao!!!
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by debosky(m): 2:09pm On Dec 03, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Excuses galore!!!! roflmao!!!
The greatest excuse of all is that 'oh they are uneducated, when we educate them, they will stop killing'

The millions of uneducated and worse deprived non-muslims who do not massacre people at the slightest excuse show that this is a blatant falsehood not based on any rational thinking or fact. It is simply a convenient method to explain away the situation.

Educate them through the Imams - the government should from henceforth legislate the subject of Friday sermons.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by asha80(m): 2:10pm On Dec 03, 2008
@kobojunkie

Why are you so attached to the word roflmao  undecided
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by Kobojunkie: 2:14pm On Dec 03, 2008
asha 80:

@kobojunkie

Why are you so attached to the word roflmao  undecided

because you people actually make me laugh. I remember scolding someone for claiming Nigerians are monkeys on another thread. I don't blame the dude though, cause I have actually thought same myself. We have more excuses than we have nerves to actually try something different, at least anything, just so we can not sit around and watch the same old things happen to us yet again. It's unbelievable. We are so resistant to change and have drums of excuses to offer as to why we should not at least take a step in any seemingly positive direction. roflmao!!
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by KnowAll(m): 2:16pm On Dec 03, 2008
He who eats with cannibals will one day end-up in the pot of his neigbour, nobody have to tell you these people are savages like the red-indians of the 18th century.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by Kobojunkie: 2:19pm On Dec 03, 2008
KnowAll:

He who eats with cannibals will one day end-up in the pot of his neigbour, nobody have to tell you these people are savages like the red-indians of the 18th century.

Well, those you call savages are right now eating with their wives and kids, waiting for the next riot to go out and hack off more heads. You have people who are murderers walking around each day free. Many are your own neighbours. What have you done about those? What do you propose be done about those? What do you propose be done about the savages, both in the north, south, east and west?
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by asha80(m): 2:24pm On Dec 03, 2008
@Knowall
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

@kobojunkie

you are quite a character

To be honest i think rulers in nigeria see nigeria as an enterprise to make money from and not a country to serve sad
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by debosky(m): 2:24pm On Dec 03, 2008
Kobo comes to spout her supercillious mumbo jumbo again

Is this the first time 'education' will be tried? Examples abound of educated people commiting these same offences, but no - we should repeat the same thing because someone has 'rephrased' it as something 'new' - educate them.

Decades of nomadic education, educationally disadvantaged states, quota system and other methods of 'encouraging' education have been tried, but no, this is  supposed to be
Kobojunkie:

a step in any seemingly positive direction. roflmao!!

If we want to 'try something new' how about SPLITTING the damn country and seeing if it works? That is what 'takes nerve' not continuing to pander to murderers by claiming they need to be educated first. Even Sudan with all it's violence and all has decided in 2010 or thereabouts there will be a referendum as to whether the country should split into North and South. This country is even larger in landmass than Nigeria, with similar North (muslim/Arab) and South (Christian/Animist) problems. But our own 'new' idea is to continue trying to 'educate' them!

roflmao!!!
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by asha80(m): 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2008
@debosky

I thought you where against splitting of nigeria undecided
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by doyin13(m): 2:30pm On Dec 03, 2008
I was about to say oo. . .

Never seen Debo have so much edge to him. . . . .

Kinda like the Daniel Craig Bond. grin grin grin
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by Kobojunkie: 2:42pm On Dec 03, 2008
Sure, split the country up. Same thing we have been trying to do since Biafra. Wonder how far that move has brought the ibos. I bet those people are so united in that bid themselves. WOOHOO!!! And the yorubas, What a united bunch of people. You only need to go out to that part of the country to see how well those people work together. Yeah, instead of the southerners stand up to protest these atrocities and move to demand change from their politicians, they are so united that separation is the only solution. WOOHOO!! up South, no wait!! Up Yoruba, up Ibo. No wait, Up Ibo North, Up Ibo South! Or is it up Bendel, up delta!!! roflmao!!

yeah!! Separation will cause the savages to STOP killing the Biafrans who happen to live in their land, rofllmao!!!
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by argent(f): 2:44pm On Dec 03, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Well, those you call savages are right now eating with their wives and kids, waiting for the next riot to go out and hack off more heads. You have people who are murderers walking around each day free. Many are your own neighbours. What have you done about those? What do you propose be done about those? What do you propose be done about the savages, both in the north, south, east and west?

Exactly, what are we doing about these murderers that we are allowing to walk freely. I believe something should be done, and it has to be something very drastic or else we will continue to have baseless and senseless killings like this in the north.

Only God can comfort the families of the dead. May there souls haunt the perpetrators of this evil.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by NegroNtns(m): 2:49pm On Dec 03, 2008
The Almajiri heritage is, like the madrassahs in Central Asia, a system of Muslim education that dates back several centuries. With the imposition of British colonial rule between 1902 and 1960 on parts of the Sokoto Empire that currently constitute northern Nigeria, the North's amalgamation with Southern Nigerian British protectorates in 1914, and the formal abolition of slavery in northern Nigeria in 1936, this heritage underwent major structural and functional transformations.

Given the lessons from the 1980 Maitatsine terrorist insurgence in Kano, Nigeria, and the rise of Islamic fundamentalism in northern Nigeria since 1999, a potential exists that the heritage may have evolved into an apparatus for perpetuating terrorism.
There are reasons for the growing terrorist potential of the Almajiri heritage.

These people and their culture and ethos perpetuate a constant threat of terrorism against the state of Nigeria and its people as a whole.

It is truly sad that the Government of our "One Nigeria"  does not see fit to do anything about this despite the havoc that it is wreaking on Nigeria and the hundreds of lives lost.

I weep for my fatherland  

Amaka,

While your account of history is correct, I differ with you on the evolution of the Almajiri caste from the Madarassah establishment.  This does not in any way excuse that there is periodic wave of violence in the North and its impact is very intolerable.  We know generally that the North is violent prone against Southerners and it is predictive.  The government must come up with some draft solutions to safeguard and protect lives of civil servants under its custody.  Youth Service Corps members are civil servants because their duty is a civic duty that is established by a Federal statute.  

To differentiate between Almajiri and Madrassah, the individual Almajiri is an acolyte.  One who takes on the adventure of self discovery and spritual ascent by living a modest and austere life removed from worldly ambitions and material gains. He subsists on alms for his livelihood as he journeys on to become spiritually adept and gain mastery over his own weaknesses. Thus becoming a venerable teacher in the art of self-mastery and can teach others.  The teacher status is Mallim or Mallam.  Martial arts like tai-chi, karate, kungfu, judo and all that are step-courses in the art of self-mastery and is taught by a Monk or Mallam.  Above the Monk status you have the Hermit.  The course of Amaljiri is to search for spiritual truth, not religion or dogma but for a path to spiritual ascent.  Notable Almajiris today, beside the Hausas are the Tibetians of China.

Madrassah is where Muslim children go to learn the Islamic creed and teachings.  Muslims all over the globe attend Madrassahs.  In Yoruba its called Ile Kewu.  It is not a system of Muslim education. It is the pathway to understanding God through understanding of the Quran. Madrassahs are supposed to teach faith, not religion.

Religion is not faith, it is a pretense on the practice of faith.  When you take selected teachings of a base scripture, mixes it with doses of ethnic customs and cultures, adds to that propaganda and dogma of ideological values then it becomes religion.  With the wrong leadership, religion can become instrument of destruction and damage as we have seen with the Northerners in Nigeria, as we have seen with Western governments through the ages, as we have seen with Israel over the Palestinians.  Once people are re-educated and made to understand that you don't need a Mallam to practice your faith with your creator and that the posession of the access key to heaven is in the individual's hand and not of the Mallam's then the leadeship will be isolated and their religious influence will evaporate.  MaiTatsine succeeded because he blocked outside influence with his flock, kept them in the dark and made them believe they can only redeem their nature through a holy war against the outside, the infidels.  The same path that modern day Almajiri is pursuing.

Th South can reshape the North by re-educating its footsoldiers, the Almajiris.
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by debosky(m): 2:51pm On Dec 03, 2008
I am not for the splitting up of Nigeria per se - but if the union is not working at present, why not discuss it's very existence? Is it implausible that we aren't actually compatible to exist in the same country?

Oh sorry, I missed one of the 'new positive steps' of the 'education crusaders' - teach them about the law and it's consequences.

Is that not what Yar'adua has been preaching since he got into office? 'rule of law'- even a 3 month old baby knows the term now. Yet this happens again. But no - we need to repeat this move in a 'seemingly positive direction'!

Am I giving excuses again? I apologise for not accepting the same old recycled 'education and law' nonsense that has been tried numerous times but failed as a 'new direction'. If that is the meaning of giving excuses, then I am completely guilty.

Ah so the problem is that we are not united enough to split up? In that case revert to the 'education' singsong again. What a new and refreshing action in the 'seemingly positive direction'!

That is the transcendent message received from the celestial beyond from Apostle Kobojunkie.

roflmao!!!
Re: Northerner Kill Yoruba Corpers Leke Akande; Tola Odusola, Ibukun Akinjogbin by Kobojunkie: 2:53pm On Dec 03, 2008
Yeah!! The only reason we had a riot is because we have a union. It is a sign that the union is not working so when you split it up, all ibo and yoruba merchants who still live up north will not be killed during these riots!!! WOOHOO!!! roflmao!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Has Anyone Seen Luanda Skyline Lately- Cranes All Over D Place / Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River / WazobiaFM Journalists Arrested For Kano Polio Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.