Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,718 members, 7,969,095 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 07:21 PM

I Don’t Choose PDP Candidates – Patience Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Choose PDP Candidates – Patience Jonathan (579 Views)

Open Campaign For The Adoption Of Sen Saraki And Hon Dogara As PDP Candidates / Drama As Two PDP Candidates Lay Claim To INEC Certificate Of Return In Enugu / Two PDP Candidates Emerge For Anambra Guber Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Choose PDP Candidates – Patience Jonathan by simpleseyi: 7:03am On Dec 03, 2014
Wife of the President, Mrs. Patience Jonathan, on Tuesday said there was no truth in media reports that she was imposing governorship candidates in some states ahead of the 2015 general elections.

She said she could not have performed such a role because she was neither an elected official of state nor a Peoples Democratic Party functionary.

She made the clarification in a statement by her Media Assistant, Ayo Adewuyi.

She was reacting to a media report that some party leaders and stakeholders in Ebonyi State have decided to defect to the All Progressives Congress because she insisted that the state Deputy Governor, Chief Dave Umahi, must be the party’s governorship candidate.

Adewuyi said it was absurd that any person would assume that Mrs. Jonathan would make such a request, considering the fact that she had continued to preach peaceful conduct of all aspirants before, during and after elections.

He described the report as another attempt by mischief makers to attribute their self-induced political travails to the President’s wife.

The statement read in part, “Let us state once again that the First Lady is not an elected official of state, neither is she a party functionary.

“She therefore recognises very clearly her place in the scheme of things.

“Let it be known that the First Lady has no hand in the selection of the party’s candidates in any state and definitely not in Ebonyi.”

SOURCE: http://www.punchng.com/news/i-dont-choose-pdp-candidates-patience-jonathan-2/
Re: I Don’t Choose PDP Candidates – Patience Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:14am On Dec 03, 2014
If not that ours is a country where things don't work, would this woman have been able to open her mouth to utter anything?

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Choose PDP Candidates – Patience Jonathan by Caseless: 7:35am On Dec 03, 2014
No be she wey govnos de accuse of being too meddlesome? Make only u
Just waka come pass abeg, madam diarisGod aka lady jesus of okirika!
She's too ambitious to be a firstlady.
Like husband, like wife!

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Choose PDP Candidates – Patience Jonathan by chat2deen(m): 9:00am On Dec 03, 2014
grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Ibori’s Daughter Wins PDP House Of Assembly Ticket, Amidst Protest / Read What Obasanjo Told The PDP Governors That Visited Him On Thursday.Very Bad! / What They Say About 2015 Election.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.