Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,264 members, 7,884,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 10:15 AM

Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? (3992 Views)

Photo: Who Is Your Best President So Far? / Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters / Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by GettysBurg: 4:52pm On Jan 27, 2009
@ B.O.S.S,

you know, i haven't even recieved a dime from OBJ for all my support for him. Not even met him. And if i probably had a chance meeting with him, i may be shunned by him, even 'flogged' by his aides.

Maybe, i should rethink my stance, and be a typical Nigerian. Dump Him! Since the goodies have failed to flow.

But, for me, it is about truth, and standing up for it.

It's about liberation from our long years of poverty, social backwardness and national emptiness.

And it's about principles. And one man has dared to show us the way, albeit falteringly: OBJ.

And we must recognise that. Or else, we will continually be held slaves to the ideas that have kept us in our downward spiral today.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by BOSS7: 9:26pm On Jan 27, 2009
GettysBurg:

@ B.O.S.S,

you know, i haven't even recieved a dime from OBJ for all my support for him. Not even met him. And if i probably had a chance meeting with him, i may be shunned by him, even 'flogged' by his aides.

Maybe, i should rethink my stance, and be a typical Nigerian. Dump Him! Since the goodies have failed to flow.

But, for me, it is about truth, and standing up for it.

It's about liberation from our long years of poverty, social backwardness and national emptiness.

And it's about principles. And one man has dared to show us the way, albeit falteringly: OBJ.

And we must recognise that. Or else, we will continually be held slaves to the ideas that have kept us in our downward spiral today.
I doubt you know OBJ personally nor I doubt the fact that you'll probably be beaten shitless by his hnchmen) if you see him from afar and try to approach him in the hope of meeting one of your heroes. cheesy

But how does these predict the niceness that OBJ would probably receive from our future generation? We are yet to be liberated from poverty, social backwardness and national emptiness as mentioned above yet you think history would be nice to OBJ? We (the people of today) would judge how the children of tomorrow would see Nigeria. Majority of us have not got nice things to say about this man so how on earth would our kids be able to spin that and think that we are telling them lies? History books which are being written today are what our kids would read and they are not in the least uttering postive vibes.

I hope OBJ pray hard to get the future right else, forget about history being the judge and he should just keep it within his family and his minor supporters.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by Vernor(m): 12:05am On Jan 28, 2009
SEun leave them even when Jesus came they never belived him they talk bad of him. I want you NL to know no one is perfect Obasanjo has its flaws but to me he is the best ever produced in this country. Someone claimed various killing has it not happened during Yar'dua? Obj is my mentor i love him
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by BOSS7: 12:59pm On Jan 29, 2009
Vernor:

Obj is my mentor i love him

Good luck to you. But make sure you keep your wife, sister, aunt, mum and even grandma away from him else he'll cease to be your mentor by the time he finishes dealing with them.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by Muza(m): 7:39pm On Jan 29, 2009
SegzyJoe:

@Muza
I think you have a very judgemental attitude, that is why you don't kknow the difference btw allegation and being guilty of an offence. Anyway, that's what you get when you re too lazy to do research or dig out facts and figures before you make comments on a topic. Its people like you that make public statement based on what you read on the pages of the newspaper.
wat more facts do i need,apart from the reports from the various probes,do i need to catch OBJ literally picking money and putting it in a bag?

Vernor:

SEun leave them even when Jesus came they never belived him they talk bad of him. I want you NL to know no one is perfect Obasanjo has its flaws but to me he is the best ever produced in this country. Someone claimed various killing has it not happened during Yar'dua? Obj is my mentor i love him
U are a goner

B.O.S.S.:

Good luck to you. But make sure you keep your wife, sister, aunt, mum and even grandma away from him else he'll cease to be your mentor by the time he finishes dealing with them.
Boss,thanx 4 the reminder,how can a randy old man ever be a mentor to a sane person.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by kokorunna(m): 5:15pm On Jan 30, 2009
Naija's u like going backwards oba what the best president, u must be starking MAD grin
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by 1luvkipsus: 7:24pm On Jan 30, 2009
i will like to submit here that obj is the best president this country has ever had

So you are just submitting that OBJ remains the best President Nigeria has ever had? I knew this since 2003.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by BOSS7: 8:04pm On Feb 02, 2009
1luvkipsus:

So you are just submitting that OBJ remains the best President Nigeria has ever had? I knew this since 2003.
Then you've known jack shite since 2003. You need to retrain your brain.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by youngmonie: 4:24pm On Apr 21, 2009
Yea quite a good argument, but afta nigeria becam ea democracy, yea he is cos i dnt think yar'adua can do anyfin before he leaves office, he's prolby the best nigeria has had do far as well as Gowon, oNLY IF ANYBODY CAN MENTION ANYBODY ELSE DAT HAS DONE MORE THAN WHAT OBASANJO HAS DONE, IS IT IBB, ABACHA, BUHARI, OR ANYBODY ELSE, DNT LETS US DECIVE OURSLEVES, EVEN THO HE STOLD MONEY HES DONE SO MANY GOOD THINGS FOR NIGERIA grin
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by Sagamite(m): 8:10pm On Apr 21, 2009
Obasanjo is by far and gazilion miles the BEST PRESIDENT Nigeria ever had. He might not be of the highest quality but compared to all the other thrash (bar Muritala Mohammed who was not thrash) we had as president he was the best.

He lead the country out of the lows and made it reasonable to the point a VAST MAJORITY of Nigerians abroad are all EAGER to go home now. Most of the other Presidents sent us BACKWARDS.

And there is not a single one of all the morons condemning him here that have offered an alternative as the best. Says much about their lame arguments.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by Jairzinho(m): 8:25pm On Apr 21, 2009
Someone should not get me started o ! Trying to enjoy my liverpool destroy Arsenal. . .

OBJ ko ,monkey ni !
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by Tadeus(m): 6:47pm On Aug 05, 2009
Obasanjo still remain the best and the best president Nigerian has ever produced, even if Yaradua will be given an opportunity to rule for 20years, he will neva beats obasanjo, that d truth,
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by oshkosh(m): 7:30pm On Aug 05, 2009
Been saying it for ever. OBJ should have been allowed a 3rd term. The people that fought hardest against 3rd term were criminal politicians and 419 practitioners (who btw have all now re-located to Nigeria under Yar and Farida knowing nothing will happen to them). OBJ was like a moving train, particularly in his last two years in office, and especially with his war on curruption. Ibori, Odilli, Igbinedion (along with most ex govs), Alams, Bode George, Anenih (and maybe even IBB) would be in jail now for sure.

If only, , only if,   sad
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by wirinet(m): 9:17pm On Aug 05, 2009
OBJ left in 79 and foisted clueless Shagari on Nigeria as against Awolowo, by the time the first term was over Nigeria was in a mess and the Military took over as a result of the chaos caused by OBJ party (NPN).
OBJ was drafted (from prison) to clear the mess he got us into.

Enter 2007, and history is repeating itself, OBJ Foisted clueless, sickly Yaradua on Nigerian, and now Nigeria is in a mess once more. 2011 elections is by the corner
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by ikeyman00(m): 12:47am On Aug 06, 2009
oduduwa

damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn it

give up the habit of celebratin ITT criminals

the question they should be askin is why did obj chose yaradua

i think we know why lipsrsealed

[size=26pt]trait[/size]
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by yommyuk: 2:16am On Aug 06, 2009
I have this statement to say about BABA OBJ

My father Adage- "The lesser of all evils"
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by wirinet(m): 9:20am On Aug 06, 2009
OBJ left in 79 and foisted clueless Shagari on Nigeria as against Awolowo, by the time the first term was over Nigeria was in a mess and the Military took over as a result of the chaos caused by OBJ party (NPN).

Enter 2007, and history is repeating itself, OBJ Foisted clueless, sickly Yaradua on Nigerian, and now Nigeria is in a mess once more. 2011 elections is by the corner. After the mess that will be created after the 2011 elections, we might need to recall OBJ once more from Otta to come and help us clear the mess once again. Probably allow him life presidency.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by ikeyman00(m): 10:03am On Aug 06, 2009
yommyuk

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far?
« #79 on: Today at 02:16:36 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have this statement to say about BABA OBJ

My father Adage- "The lesser of all evils"

Report to moderator Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.

wirinet

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far?
« #80 on: Today at 09:20:39 AM »

Enter 2007, and history is repeating itself, OBJ Foisted clueless, sickly Yaradua on Nigerian, and now Nigeria is in a mess once more. 2011 elections is by the corner. After the mess that will be created after the 2011 elections, we might need to recall OBJ once more from Otta to come and help us clear the mess once again. Probably allow him life presidency.

this is what u get when u just cant let go the trait
lipsrsealed
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria's Best President So Far? by ikeyman00(m): 10:03am On Aug 06, 2009
quote me!!!

shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Donates N10m To Jigawa Flood Victims / Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency / Security To Be Relaxed In Adamawa, Yobe For Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.