Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,387 members, 7,950,825 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 11:33 PM

Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? (29291 Views)

Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff / Pls Which Bank Pays Highest / Which Oil Company In Nigeria Pays Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by Ndipe(m): 8:04am On Nov 06, 2006
As a marketer, how do you bring in prospective clients into your bank, and for goodness sake, why should your salary be determined by your performance? Isnt bonus supposed to be the motivating factor? I just dont know what's going on with banks. I mean, seriously, how do you go about bringing in business, like, do you approach every parastatal in your vicinity to open an account with you? I just find that mind boggling.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by toyboy1(m): 10:25am On Nov 06, 2006
i roll on the floor laughing wen issues like this are being discussed by those who know little or nothing about the banking sector pay wise except from the snoops they scoup about in joints and beer palour.
It beats ma imagination  that nigerians who work not in the banks claim to know how much is being paid by these banks more than the employee  of the banks themselves. grin grin
The industry is a very dynamic one i must tell friom about 2 years of my being there as a staff - operations, and i can authoritatively tell you that  majority of the things n posts i ve read hia r nothing but the views of either those who lack basic knowledge abt the sector or outright gibberish save for some few post hia n there.
Most banks if not all review salary structure once a year!!!
Oceanic just reviewed recently n is the highest paying at least for now at the entry level, followed by ETb that reviewed like four months ago. Intercontinental reviewed 3 months ago n their pay aint bad- amongs the first 5 in the sector. Unity upgraded their package just last months too n the new one looks tantalizing too.
Some banks have good staff welfare package more that others that are not in their payment package- like Eco has a medical allowance upto a certain limit for every level that is not even included in their package while some other banks will include same in their emolument that will eventually bloat up the P/A income, while the payment structure of some banks do terribly affect the tax elements such that they pay more tax to the authorities/staff compared to other banks with the same compensation structure. For some banks, a largechunk of the pay package goes into productivity/performance - which u are not sure of earning unless certain criteria are met during the targeted period. So in essence, The figures being bandied around here are mere paper salary which may not in any way be used as a clue to the staff take home pay at month end.
In as much as i wont call figures not cos i dont know then but cos i dont want to be dragged into this petty issue into-to, i believe my clue will do good in clearing some dark spots on this discussion
Ciao  to all in NL
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by toksdara(m): 1:34pm On Nov 06, 2006
I'm not in banking or anything, but I'm not surprised that Mike Adenuga's ETB is the highest according to what most people have said so far. Even Glo Mobile seems to be the highest in the GSM arena, but when it comes to work load, I can't say precisely how the situation is. Personally, I think as an employer, if I pay you the highest in the industry, you should be able to work to meet that standard, or else, you'll be fired! I mean, what's the point of keeping such a staff when someone working in another company with a lower salary is working harder.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by collyman: 7:44pm On Nov 15, 2006
dear Nairalanders!!!! pls does anyone have an idea wat the test format 4 NLNG is ? thanks for ur anticipated co operation.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by Mystique(f): 12:45pm On Nov 17, 2006
@ Toy boy: I beg to differ, not everyone here is an outsider, most peeps on this thread are insiders (work in banks) kay??
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by kamsi(f): 11:42pm On Nov 17, 2006
Please who can inform me what fidelity bank pays.Also do workers come to work on saturday.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by ICEMAN(m): 11:02am On Mar 01, 2007
Hello everyone,
                       I hope you're all good. I need knowledgeable members of the Nairaland Family to let me know which of these 4 banks pays the highest starting salary and what sort of incentives(benefits) they offer. UBA,OCEANIC, INTERCONTINENTAL or GTB. If anyone knows the starting salary for each one please list them out for me.I have an important decision to make. Hope I get some good replies soon.ONE LOVE to you all.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by Mystique(f): 4:24pm On Mar 05, 2007
The funniest post on this thread is the one dat says zenith pays 2.2mill, LOL, Dat got me laffing hard. . . .
grin grin
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by laredo8: 9:24pm On Mar 05, 2007
hi guys long time no chat,well i must tell u all the truth ,etb pays 2.04m p.a which means 170k per month,oceanic pays 200k per month ,diamond pays 150k per monthe,and a whole lots of others,but i must tell u d real truth,the most stressful place to work on earth is the bank cos u wont have a life of ur own when u work in the bank,for real believe me when i say so cos i work with one of the above listed banks and i no the kind of stress i pass tru,i am really lookinf for another job outside bankin,i work from 7 15am and ui leave d office around 9.30 10 pm go to office every saturday and most sundays pls can someone tell me what kind of life this is.aA word is enough for the wise
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by Ndipe(m): 1:45am On Mar 06, 2007
Bank jobs aint for me then, if I move back home. Working 7 days a week for what reason?
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by Bisiriyu: 4:31pm On Mar 06, 2007
Oceanic bank is the highest paying bank in Nigeria.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by lovej2: 7:09pm On Mar 08, 2007
etb pays highest follow by oceanic.whn u talk of less stress and peace,oceanic is the bank to work.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by lovej2: 7:13pm On Mar 08, 2007
u guys shld know that bankers pay high tax.patience is required to start enjoying the main pay.do u know that oceanic just reviewed and they now pay more than etb.they are now the highest.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by diddysmile(m): 10:09am On Mar 09, 2007
fashie highest paid bank, i know the least payin' bank i think it's PRIME bank tongue shocked
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by Hopeozah(m): 11:41am On Mar 15, 2007
dear all,

just got a message, inviting me for a test, from bank phb. does anyone have an idea of how much they pay fresh graduates?
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by otuwe(f): 6:39pm On Mar 17, 2007
WHO GIVES A DAMN ABOUT THE ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN OF GTB, WE ARE TALKING ABT PAY HERE

GUY IF YOU ARE TRUE TO YOURSELF YOU WILL KNOW THAT THE IMAGE OF YOUR BANK IS ONLY BENEFITING THE TOP MANAGERS OF YOUR BANK AND NOT TO THE PEOPLE ACTUALLY STRESSING THEMSELVES.

I DONT KNOW WHY YOU GUYS ARE FORGETTING THE MOST IMPROVED BANK OF THE YEAR, THE BANK THINKING ABOUT CARS DRIVING ON WATER, WELL LET ME GIVE YOU THE FULL GIST, BANK PHB CURRENTLY PAYS 2.2M TO ENTRY LEVEL STAFF, A 10% INCREASE FROM THEIR 2M P/A AS AT LAST YEAR. THE ONLY BANK THAT PAYS HIGHER THAN THIS IS OCEANIC BANK BUT THEIR SYSTEM IS LIKE A CIVIL SERVICE JOB. YOU REALLY CANT GROW THERE, AS FOR GTB AND ZENITH ALL THEY CAN OFFER YOU IS THEIR POPULARITY AND A WHOLE LOT OF STRESS WITH UNIMAGINABLE TARGET AND HEAVY WORK LOAD.
AT BANK PHB WE MAKE IT A POLICY NOT TO GO BEYOND 6PM OFFICIALLY COS WE SEE IT AS INEFFICIENCY {AND NOT WORKING HARD} WHILE IN GTB AND THE LIKES U SEE PEOPLE IN THE OFFICE AT 11PM AND EVEN LATER THAN THAT.

THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY NOW. THE ONLY ADVICE I HAVE IS IF U WANT TO GROW IN THE BANKING SECTOR, JOIN A GROWING BANK LIKE BANK PHB.

ALL THE BEST Y'ALL
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by 4Play(m): 6:47pm On Mar 17, 2007
@All

Do all these figures posted here as the salaries of banking staff represent take home pay?

Do you pay income tax?If 2 million Naira per annum is the salary,how much do you actually get paid?
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by nawao(m): 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2007
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]for trainees

oceanic N77,000.00
ETB       N81,000.00
ZENITH  N91,000.00
GTB         N105,000.00
DIAMOND N61,000.00
FCMB       N60,000.00
PER MONTHS BEFORE ATTAINING FIRST LEVELS AND CONFIRMATION.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by AfricaFace(f): 5:54pm On Mar 20, 2007
I was about posting before i saw a post from Otuwe.
Otuwe is very very right.
Infact BANK PHB is topping the list
Entery level =2.2m
Second Level=2.7 m
etc,
my friend got his letter of appointment few days back and fainted,
2.2m is the grosss pay,
350k out of the 2.2 m is called PIP, performance induced pay, no matter how bad you are performing , you will surely get up to 120k per anum for entry ,
bros you are sure of at least 2m every year , and they have stopped paying upfront. they pay consolidated now. i mean 2m/12 months , you take 166k home every month. this is no rumour. this is realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by creamyice(f): 11:50am On Mar 26, 2007
1. ETB
2. Oceanic Bank
3. Intercontinental Bank
4. Zenith Bank
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by Ndipe(m): 3:04am On Mar 27, 2007
But at what price are people paying to be earning over 2 million Naira a year? Working 7 days a week nonstop just for that? I would gladly decline. There is more to life than making lots of money with no time to spend it.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by osegwu(m): 3:30pm On Apr 02, 2007
Are you guys sure of your facts?
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by osegwu(m): 3:49pm On Apr 02, 2007
For real?
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by dhunter(m): 8:55am On Apr 19, 2007
[center]banking is a terrible practice in 9ja and if u feel the pay of some amount like 2.2m is wot will make u fullfilled,den i suggest u have a rethink,
d pay is good alright but i suggest u make ur money,save,invest,be prudent and en do ur own thing,
or move to oil and gas.
regulate,
sad[/center]
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by 4nky(f): 4:13pm On Aug 21, 2007
Pls does anyone know what the pay is for stanbic bank.I will also like any info about the welfare package
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by collino: 5:58pm On Nov 22, 2007
hey oceanic is still da best but in oceanic u dnt go 4 training immediatly but u will be assigned to a branch where u will be doing in house training b4 training skool they will be given u allowance once u reach six months that is afta probation u will nw become ao 1(assistant officer 1) thats fresher.which is abt 2.7p/a so i think they r highest
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by bailo(m): 12:42pm On Nov 23, 2007
see oceanic is the highest pating bank at the moment,believe it or not.they pay 2.6 mill after comfirmation.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by ndlooks: 3:47pm On Jan 08, 2008
What about CBN?whats there current pay structure for fresh graduate?
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by otuwe(f): 6:38pm On Jan 08, 2008
U GUYS ARE SO STALE

BANK PHB IS THE PLACE TO BE

ENTRY LEVEL IS 3.4M

CAN U BEAT THAT

AND U DONT HAVE TO WAIT SIX MONTHS FOR THAT LIKE OCEANIC AND THE LIKE

IMMEDIATELY AFTER YOUR 3 MONTHS TRAINING U START EARNING YOUR DOUGH

MEN NO BE SMALL THING

AM FEELING MYSELF RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by Omolulu(m): 8:35pm On Jan 10, 2008
my bank is the best o, i use "kolo" bank, with the headquaters under my bed, we dey pay gan infact i cant mention the amount
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by JohnO1: 1:54pm On Jan 12, 2008
C'mon Otuwe, don't tell me thats how u relate to ppl,

Well i believe it shudn't be just about the pay, we have to also consider career developement.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by celebritee(m): 9:16am On Jan 14, 2008
@ otuwe - continue deceiving yourself. We are not talking about what was written on paper. The take home is the KOKO. What is the pay after deductions have been made.

At 3.4m, that is over N280k per month for new intakes. Na beans? shocked shocked shocked shocked. Or is phb now affiliated to Chevron?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company / Rochas Construction Company Worker Dies In Building Site (Photos) / Meet Kalengo Kamwendo, Zambia's Youngest Commercial Pilot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.