Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,400 members, 7,881,458 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:07 PM

South Africa Drawn In Group Of Death In 2015 Orange Acn - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / South Africa Drawn In Group Of Death In 2015 Orange Acn (978 Views)

Fifa U-17 World Cup: Nigeria With Chile, Croatia, Usa In Group A / CHAN Draw: Nigeria In Group A / Super Eagles Drawn In Easy World Cup 2014 Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa Drawn In Group Of Death In 2015 Orange Acn by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 03, 2014
Following an amazing qualifying series which saw the Bafana Bafana team qualify without losing a game, the South African Republic have been placed in a group which also has the likes of the desert foxes of Algeria who had a 100% record and Senegal another team which proved their mettle in the qualifying series.

Ghana, another team which struggled through the qualifying series also find themselves in this terrifying group. Seeing this scenario one can only be grateful to God for not allowing the super eagles go to Equitorial Guinea to embarrass over 160m Nigerians on the pitch.

Final Group standings:

Group A.

E. Guinea
Congo
Gabon
Burkina Faso

Group B

Zambia
DR. Congo
Cape Verde
Tunisia

Group C

Ghana
Senegal
South Africa
Algeria

Group D

Ivory Coast
Mali
Cameroon
Guinea

So guys, what are your thoughts on the final group standings?

Source: Me

Ishilove, honeric01, semid4lyfe Please help get this to the FP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Drawn In Group Of Death In 2015 Orange Acn by chidiebere2020(m): 9:47pm On Dec 03, 2014
My thought is where is nigeria
Re: South Africa Drawn In Group Of Death In 2015 Orange Acn by Greyworld: 9:50pm On Dec 03, 2014
Group of death in small afcon.......guy. Park well jor.
Re: South Africa Drawn In Group Of Death In 2015 Orange Acn by Agimor(m): 10:00pm On Dec 03, 2014
I foresee annihilation of Nigeria arch rival.
Re: South Africa Drawn In Group Of Death In 2015 Orange Acn by joxxy01(m): 10:10pm On Dec 03, 2014
following nigeria's ouster i wont be comfortable until SA.are kicked outta afcon!!
Re: South Africa Drawn In Group Of Death In 2015 Orange Acn by tolutweety(m): 11:50pm On Dec 03, 2014
SA and ALGERIA will progress out of Group C

#myVerdict
Re: South Africa Drawn In Group Of Death In 2015 Orange Acn by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 04, 2014
tolutweety:

SA and ALGERIA will progress out of Group C

#myVerdict

Nice one bro. However, in my opinion, SA may struggle to pick up a point from this group. Senegal and Algeria are doing exceptionally well, Ghana not so well.

Also the pairings give smaller teams the opportunity to make it to the semi's considering the fact that the big boys are doomed to face one another in earlier rounds. See Cameroon; Mali and Ivory Coast in another tough group. I only pity Guinea. ;(

(1) (Reply)

What Ignited The Current Football Club You're Supporting? / Fifa: Sepp Blatter, Michel Platini & Jerome Valcke Suspended / Premier League's 10 Fastest Players Revealed, Guess Victor Moses' Spot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.