Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,297 members, 7,947,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 07:19 PM

Will Bokoharam Ever End? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Bokoharam Ever End? (674 Views)

War Against BokoHaram: Rare Images Of Attacks And Soldiers Hunting Them. / Tribute To Officers And Soldiers That Fought Against Bokoharam But Died In The P / Will Insurgences Ever End In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Bokoharam Ever End? by Built2last: 12:03am On Dec 04, 2014
My answer is No and here is why

It is an ideology to take over. Not even Buhari or any muslim president from northern extraction can stop Bokoharam.

We have passed the time we were supposed to nip Bokoharam. Its too late.

Never forget or take anybody serious when they tell you they will end Bokoharam... its a political promise...if they get there and cant control it what will you and I do?

I remembered when GEJ made a promise in 2011 to do one term...i told a friend beside me that its only those who have never entered Aso rock villa that will fall for this promise.i have been entering there since1994 Abacha days..it is the best place in Nigeria. OBJ wanted to die there. If any contestant tells you he will do one term, stone him...Even Abdulsalam would have stayed if not pressure from those who killed Abiola and Abacha also...the seat was too hot for Abdulsalam to seat on..more,over he was never a strong hearted combatant general...kia kia he loothed our treasury and handed over to OBJ to pacify the west for Abiola.

Back to Bokoharam, at the time bokoharam was in a small village in Borno state, our Northern elites likened them to Niger delta militants, they called them freedom fighters...when the first state of emergency was to ne declared it was tug of war. ..they revolted that it was a plan to paint the north east as a terrorist region...the book of lamentation was full that time..anything seroously done nu our soldiers was echoed on the press...they are killing our people....Soldiers adopted carrot and stick as that advice became popular. Now we are looking for stick we no see talk less of carrot. They cried out loud, you gave amnesty to militants, give them amnesty...now we want to give them amnesia they no want...

But its now interesting, we called and beckoned on Northern elites to rise up and face bokoharam or talk to them..that they will listen to them than FG...they kept quiet because at that time Bokoharam focused on only churches, then later it was government establishments, then schools, then motor parks, then markets, then abductions, now its mosques....its amazing that the elites are mow speaking, nobody is talking of amnesty...heheehee..

We dont have insurgency in Nigeria..they are not insurgents..we are at war...they have taken territories and mounted flags, installed Emirs and you call them insurgents...you get 3 bedroom person take one room by force put matress you say na insurgency.. na lie...we are at war...Nigeria vs Bokoharam Islamic Caliphate..period.

If you think any president from the north will end Bokoharam, i want to tell you that the presidents of the following nations suffering same are muslims : Somalia, Iraq, Syria, Afghanista, all muslims presidents and bomb goes off every day.

Terror has come to stay, we can only contain and manage it...

If you share a varying opinion please share...

1 Like

Re: Will Bokoharam Ever End? by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 04, 2014
Why not every thing in this life has an end even this life this world everything
Re: Will Bokoharam Ever End? by Nobody: 1:20am On Dec 04, 2014
Even if this current BokoHaram ends, anther one will rise to continue the bloody crusades until Islam takes over!
Re: Will Bokoharam Ever End? by 2cato: 1:44am On Dec 04, 2014
BH will surely come to an end whenever APC where able to come to power. The utterances of some prominet people from APC shows that they know more about the in and out of BH. They know that going under the islamic ideology which is violence and distruction will make it hard to detect
Re: Will Bokoharam Ever End? by MASTERM(m): 6:59am On Dec 04, 2014
Only when nigeria ends oh
Re: Will Bokoharam Ever End? by ZKOSOSO(m): 8:19am On Dec 04, 2014
Impossible!!
From the begining, Islam has always been like this! Killing infidels since 582AD.
Danfodiyo did exactly what shekau is doing!
1804. 2014
Re: Will Bokoharam Ever End? by mekaboy(m): 8:53am On Dec 04, 2014
There r only 2 options to bokoharam.

1, implement full sharia in all northern states and sacrifice the freedom of christians and non muslims in those areas. Setup a ministry that will be paying bokoharam insurgents monthly allowance for ensuring that the full sharia law is enfoced. I believe this is the option buhari or any nothern president elected will take to end the war.

2, change in idology. this means that some violent parts of the koran will be removed. The idea of virgins given in the afterlife will be scraped. Then capturing the minds of muslims and painting an image of the consequences of their action, showing them that those who engage in acts of terror will go to hell. produce movies of terrorist going to hell. Use projectors to show these movies all over the north and let them watch and have a change of mind. When their minds are resets, then it will be difficult for insurgents to get recruits from the north. Then the Nigerian army will have enough support and information to wipe out the remaining insurgents. Christians have such movies and preach on such. both i hardly hear of such.

I doubt if this second option will be adobted because of politics. The north believe they are born to rule Nigeria. Therefore they use the religious leaders to brainwash the youths and prepare them to fight the infidels and ensure they dont rule over them. They need to have the youths uneducated so that they cant av a mind of their own.
Re: Will Bokoharam Ever End? by ichidodo: 9:10am On Dec 04, 2014
It will come to end whenever the military deploys Apache gunships and armoured tanks in battle...
Re: Will Bokoharam Ever End? by mekaboy(m): 9:11am On Dec 04, 2014
selah

(1) (Reply)

Terror Suspect Ogwuche Seeks 100mln Naira Compensation For Unlawful Detention / APC Governorship Primary Election Winners / Which Of These Befits A Gubernatorial Position More-biography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.