Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,784 members, 7,898,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:28 PM

Baby Fainted While Crying - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Baby Fainted While Crying (13731 Views)

Help A CRYING Sister / Crying For No Reason / Baby Language: Learn How To Stop Babies From Crying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baby Fainted While Crying by naijafresh: 11:19pm On Dec 06, 2014
Rhozabeth:
I can assure you, that ur baby is fine! My wife and I had the same experience with our 8mths old baby! But still take her to see a doctor so as to be sure there are no internal head injuries but she sis fine! The accident was painful for the baby and the cry was stretched!

Bros, circumstances can be different, we don't know what height the baby fell from. If she is worried she should seek medical advice immediately likewise for anyone in a similar situation. However children tend not to hurt themselves too much when they fall from a height that is less than a foot and of course there are other variables such as age of child, mobility, conscious level, type of surface etc
Re: Baby Fainted While Crying by Nobody: 1:27am On Dec 07, 2014
baybiemee:
Please my 10 months old baby fell and hit her head she started crying and turned red but for sometime no sound came out but her mouth was still open, and she was still crying, then her eyes rolled in and she went limp. I panicked, sprinkled some water on her, after like 10 seconds she woke up and started crying.

Has anyone experienced this before? I was terrified.

That's a breath holding spell. 99.9% certain. Babies do that most often in response to a painful stimulus or heightened negative emotion. They get hurt, cry then stop breathing and lose consciousness briefly and are just fine afterwards. It's not dangerous, causes no damage to the babies. It will probably happen again in similar settings but at least you will know what it is.

It's never bad to confirm this with your baby's doctor though.
Re: Baby Fainted While Crying by vanalero21(f): 6:57am On Dec 07, 2014
baybiemee:
Please my 10 months old baby fell and hit her head she started crying and turned red but for sometime no sound came out but her mouth was still open, and she was still crying, then her eyes rolled in and she went limp. I panicked, sprinkled some water on her, after like 10 seconds she woke up and started crying.

Has anyon7e experienced this before? I was terrified.

Pls administer paracetamol and vitamin c immediately,
Re: Baby Fainted While Crying by greedie1(f): 11:23am On Dec 07, 2014
ElPhoche:

Do breath holding spells manifest as 'baby becoming red'? No, they manifest as cyanosis, Which is the baby becoming 'blue'
Do breath holding spells manifest as 'baby becoming red'? No, they manifest as cyanosis, Which is the baby becoming 'blue'

Do breath holding spells manifest as 'baby becoming red'? No, they manifest as cyanosis, Which is the baby becoming BLUE. THE best advice for the lady is for her to visit a paediatric neurologist. It could have been a seizure, intracranial hemorrhage....... See ur D's doctor ASAP

never said she shouldn't visit a pead. i'm not a doctor, just. a widely read lawyer.
yes baby becomes blue not red. i skipped dat. tnx for calling my attention. Good day.

1 Like

Re: Baby Fainted While Crying by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 07, 2014
greedie1:

never said she shouldn't visit a pead. i'm not a doctor, just. a widely read lawyer.
yes baby becomes blue not red. i skipped dat. tnx for calling my attention. Good day.

Actually they can turn blue, red or pale there are different types of breath holding spells.
Re: Baby Fainted While Crying by ElPhoche(m): 3:47pm On Mar 21, 2015

Actually they can turn blue, red or pale there are different types of breath holding spells.
Can to back up your 'turn to red and pale' statement with d pathophysiology? I am really interested.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Early Signs Of Pregnancy / Improving Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant With Self Fertility Massage / COVID-19: FG Pledges More Support To Kano Govt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.