Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,428 members, 7,881,576 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:21 AM

Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg (2301 Views)

PDP Governors Prostrate For Obasanjo Over Jonathan / Five Governors To Meet IBB, Abdulsalami Today / BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg by Theultimate(m): 3:31am On Dec 06, 2014
FORMER president Chief Olusegun Obasanjo appears to have accepted President Goodluck Jonathan's plea to forget past spats between the two of them and work with the incumbent to secure victory at next year's general elections.

Over recent months, Chief Obasanjo has been a fierce critic of the present government, saying that the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan has not delivered. He has accused the government of performing below average and in one instance published a letter accusing the Jonathan administration of hiring an army of assassins to take out political opponents.

Worried about the fact that he may not get the former president's support in next year's elections, President Jonathan sent five People Democratic Party (PDP) governors to go and plead with Chief Obasanjo yesterday. They travelled to Abeokuta to offer an olive branch on their boss's behalf and after prostrating before him, it appears that Chief Obasanjo has agreed to bury the hatchet.

After the meeting, Chief Obasanjo said that the current economic and security situations in the country are redeemable. He added that the country could still be salvaged if those involved had genuine concern for the wellbeing of Nigeria's citizenry, pointing out that his current posture was not to witch-hunt anyone but to find a lasting solution to the nation’s many challenges.

Chief Obasanjo said: “Something can still be done and what is required now is the will and the courage to do something when and how it needs to be done. We have discussed most of what I have raised in my own public pronouncement in recent times, which is not to castigate anybody, not to bad-mouth anybody and not to run anybody down."

He urged those in government to put all hands on deck as the task is not for one man and it is not even a task for one group but one that requires everyone. Among the governors who visited him were Liyel Imoke of Cross River, Babangida Aliyu of Niger, Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom, Sule Lamido of Jigawa and Isa Yuguda of Bauchi.

Reacting on behalf of the delegation, Governor Akpabio said the government was determined to reposition the country, adding that no matter what challenges the country faces today, they must work together to redeem the situation. He added that the government was willing to consult with other elders to ensure that the country was redeemed.

Governor Aliyu commended the former president for allowing them to tap from his experience, adding that they were determined to work together for the betterment of the country. They now expect Chief Obasanjo to campaign rigorously alongside President Jonathan when he tours the country over the coming months.

Apparently, President Goodluck had been worried about the fact that although Chief Obasanjo is still a PDP member, almost all his loyalists have joined the opposition All Progressives Congress. After leaving Abeokuta the governors flew to Minna the Niger State capital to confer with former military ruler General Ibrahim Babangida.

http://www.nigerianwatch.com/news/5921-obasanjo-agrees-to-campaign-for-jonathan-after-five-governors-prostrate-and-beg

Re: Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg by kilokeys(m): 3:39am On Dec 06, 2014
oya.. let me kneel and prostrate.

give our graduates jobs
stop boko haram

since kneeling and begging overrides merits and critical thinking in crucial matters..

# justkneelandbeg

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg by Theultimate(m): 3:41am On Dec 06, 2014

Re: Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg by coded01: 3:48am On Dec 06, 2014
Baba still showing us how influential & powerful he is in politics having ruled as a Military & Civilian President... tongue

It's not surprising Nigeria is degrading everyday... angry

As usual PDP/APC supporters will hijack this thread... lipsrsealed
Re: Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg by Ideyontop: 3:49am On Dec 06, 2014
Baba oooo!
Re: Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg by 9inches(m): 3:55am On Dec 06, 2014
Pictures of the 5 governors prostrating or it's another fat lie from the pit of hell

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg by Nobody: 4:16am On Dec 06, 2014
Okay
Re: Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg by Pennywise(m): 4:33am On Dec 06, 2014
Look at state governors prostrating like lizards. Desperate, greedy, selfish and cold blooded.

This is no doubt the handwork of Godswill Akpabio, loyal party man who has deprived and impoverished his brethren in Akwa Ibom in order to occupy center stage. In PDP.

I can only say I feel sorry for the Northern moslems among them whose religion and tribe forbids human worship.

In 20yrs time when these bootlickers are dead and forgotten this photograph will remind us of Jonathan's government of cant, corruption, and cronyism.

..... They should have come along with Jonathan. Well, they probably didn't think of that part.
Re: Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg by Theultimate(m): 5:47am On Dec 06, 2014
9inches:
Pictures of the 5 governors prostrating or it's another fat lie from the pit of hell
Above
Re: Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg by BrokenTV: 5:58am On Dec 06, 2014
Theultimate:

Above
Why do you guys like lying, why do your bring pictures of a wedding and tag it PDP governors prostrating. Prove that, that is PDP governors by providing link.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg by win1234: 6:06am On Dec 06, 2014
it is in the best interest of OBJ that GEJ win, cus GMB & Atiku will surely rubbish him if they r elected.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg by lonelydora: 6:08am On Dec 06, 2014
GEJ is making Nigeria a laughing stock.
Re: Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg by Jayne2014(f): 6:23am On Dec 06, 2014

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg by OGEmerald(m): 7:02am On Dec 06, 2014
It surprises me how some daft brains believe the govs really prostrated.Common sense is truly not common.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg by 9inches(m): 7:02am On Dec 06, 2014
Theultimate:

Above

BrokenTV:

Why do you guys like lying, why do your bring pictures of a wedding and tag it PDP governors prostrating. Prove that, that is PDP governors by providing link.
Don't mind them. Let them continue feeding on lies

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg by Orunto: 7:05am On Dec 06, 2014
[quote author=Orunto post=28619810] TSM OBJ. OBJ IS NIGERIA. NIGERIA IS OBJ. OBJ IS BRINGING CAPTIVES HOME AGAIN. TO GOD BE THE HONOUR AND GLORY FOREVER!!! ................ TSM(Thanks so much).
Re: Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg by sandraokosun: 8:34am On Dec 06, 2014
sometimes i wonder if ppol have brains, obj whom his blood daughter called unforgiven. This man is the best player in nigeria. You think he would just support jonothing overnight after showing his disgust of him publicly. Obj nor do 10yrs as president, na gej he go allow. He has even told the world that gej promised only one term. He even called him possesed, just read his letter. Obj that personally resigned as bot chair and was humilated by fayose, so una think say he go forgive abi. The cluless one is already scared and obj would plot his downfall. Vote buhari
Re: Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 06, 2014
The Hottest comic relief in the land has been secured ahead of the 2015 Jonathan/Sambo ticket.

APC can settle for Saka.

cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg by Theultimate(m): 12:27pm On Dec 06, 2014
Jayne2014:

The op is very silly.
This was at a wedding in 2012.
www.lapesoetan.com/a-yoruba-wedding-the-traditional-wedding/
You are really an idiot. I (and people at large) can see lack of home training in you. How could you open ur stupidity mouth accomplished by your crippled hand to call someone a silly being on what will never generate income to neither you or I. SMH

OMG! So you are a female? Honestly I wouldn't have took it personal if I noticed that there is "f" in front of your name. Ladies with insults/abuse since 19.... to ti pe.
Re: Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg by Jayne2014(f): 1:05pm On Dec 06, 2014
Theultimate:

You are really an idiot. I (and people at large) can see lack of home training in you. How could you open ur stupidity mouth accomplished by your crippled hand to call someone a silly being on what will never generate income to neither you or I. SMH

OMG! So you are a female? Honestly I wouldn't have took it personal if I noticed that there is "f" in front of your name. Ladies with insults/abuse since 19.... to ti pe.
Oga, it doesn't change the fact that you posted false information as regards the picture you posted.
Please check the link I posted and confirm.
Bye

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg by Theultimate(m): 5:09pm On Dec 06, 2014
Jayne2014:

Oga, it doesn't change the fact that you posted false information as regards the picture you posted.
Please check the link I posted and confirm.
Bye

I think you can see my both links as well. @least am not a reporter. we are only reposting posted topics and headlines.

Btw. Is there any true news in this Nigeria without a bit politics manipulation.

But to be sincere, you really surprised me. I was expecting something like insultive and ambigous words as reply. #smile.
ALL IS WELL Ma'am.
Re: Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg by EdCure: 5:14pm On Dec 06, 2014
If you believe Obasanjo will campaign for Jonathan, believe Tambuwal is still in PDP.

Baba Iyabo is not a fool and not as gullible as an average TANkid.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Within 18hrs Over 1500 Nigerians Sign Petition In Support Of Dr Ngozi Okonjo / Buhari Did Promise Allowances For Unemployed Corps Member (see Proof) / Fatal Accident In Nassarawa,All Passengers Dead & Burnt Beyond Recognition(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.