Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,609 members, 7,932,833 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 01:21 PM

Why Women Are Not Straightforward. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Women Are Not Straightforward. (2292 Views)

Guy Gets Epic Reply After Asking Why Women Vex When Men Don't Eat Their Food / Women Are Not Always The Problem In Relationships / Why Can't Men Be Straightforward With Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Why Women Are Not Straightforward. by viczing(m): 3:04pm On Dec 06, 2014
“But she lied to me!”That is the cry of many a man when a lady has successfully deceived them into thinking she loves them or into thinking she’s something she’s not. There are many reasons why women are not straightforward. Many reasons why they won’t tell you the number of abortions they have had, their lack of or experience with sexual escapades, their social status, their bad habits. Some seem valid, most are not.
As an enlightened member of the female gender, I have come to recognize three major reasons why women don’t come out straight to their men and say : “This is who I am!””
1.      Fear of financial security: I’m a trifle ashamed to admit this but many women like to put ‘rich” at the top of their list. When they see a guy who is good for it, they’d much rather prefer him than a guy who has potential. And they don’t mind doing everything they can to snap up such a deal including wearing all the masks they feel they need and playing perfect.
2.      Societal pressure: The pressure begins to hit them in their late twenties and early thirties. Society expects women to have a partner. If a woman isn’t secured by someone else, it seems like something vital is missing from her life especially when she gets to a certain age. Even if she had a carefree attitude before then, by the time she gets to her late twenties or early thirties, then she begins to remodel herself to better her chances of getting a partner.
3.      The man expects them to: Many men might not agree with this but it’s true. Men expect to have perfect women. She has to carry ‘front and back’(be well endowed),  she must be a great home keeper, witty, charming, have a perfect figure etc. They want a Barbie doll with brains and good housekeeping skills. What many men fail to realize is that human beings including women are not perfect. In a bid to be perfect, women wear masks and some successfully con the men into thinking they are perfect. Some even go as far as plastic surgery in order to be more appealing to the male gender.
Like an enlightened member of the male gender once said; Your desire to get an intimate companion makes you put on your best behavior, compels you to hide your flaws, put your best foot forward (with your new patent leather shoe on it) and bury all the ugly issues for later.
The problem however is that those issues don’t stay hidden. They tend to resurface and then when they do they tend to get really ugly and resolving them becomes a big problem.
So what does this all mean? What do we do to avoid being hurt, or being fooled? The first step is to know God and have a personal relationship with Him. If you know God and walk with Him, you gradually become the right kind of person and you can attract the right kind of mate. Of course you need to avoid settling for less too. Knowing God intimately helps you to choose with his standards in mind.
The second point is to build yourself up as a man or woman of faith. If you walk in faith in God’s promises you will never allow the pressure of time or circumstances to push you into making a wrong choice or compromising your standards in an attempt to please a man at the expense of doing what is right.
Credits: [url]naijasinglegirl.com/guest-post-why-women-are-not-straightforward/[/url]
Re: Why Women Are Not Straightforward. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 06, 2014
You don't have to be one sided , its common with both genders .
Re: Why Women Are Not Straightforward. by Rapsainot(m): 3:09pm On Dec 06, 2014
one sentence for em''' THEY ALL ARE HYPOCRITES.
Re: Why Women Are Not Straightforward. by Rapsainot(m): 3:11pm On Dec 06, 2014
Elantracey:
You don't have to be one sided , its common with both genders .

but it's common to one side than the other...
Re: Why Women Are Not Straightforward. by LaurelP(m): 3:13pm On Dec 06, 2014
U kinda diverted
Re: Why Women Are Not Straightforward. by FLAWLES(f): 3:23pm On Dec 06, 2014
Too long i forgot to read
Re: Why Women Are Not Straightforward. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 06, 2014
Rapsainot:

but it's common to one side than the other...

be honest , you know that's not true.
Re: Why Women Are Not Straightforward. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 06, 2014
My only question is why do we have more single men in their 40's nowadays?
Re: Why Women Are Not Straightforward. by Tallesty1(m): 3:27pm On Dec 06, 2014
3cycle:
My only question is why do we have more single men in their 40's nowadays?
You sef! How do you know their age?
Re: Why Women Are Not Straightforward. by Cholls(m): 3:29pm On Dec 06, 2014
My brother the Nigerian society can never breed women who are straightforward cry
Re: Why Women Are Not Straightforward. by stinggy(m): 3:32pm On Dec 06, 2014
Cocolav can you answer this pls?
Re: Why Women Are Not Straightforward. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 06, 2014
Tallesty1:
You sef! How do you know their age?
I cn tell a man's age by looking at him. That's my talent.
Re: Why Women Are Not Straightforward. by Tallesty1(m): 3:51pm On Dec 06, 2014
3cycle:

I cn tell a man's age by looking at him. That's my talent.
I need proofsad
Re: Why Women Are Not Straightforward. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 06, 2014
Tallesty1:
I need proofsad
Post your picture and I will prove it.
Re: Why Women Are Not Straightforward. by CoCoLav(f): 4:15pm On Dec 06, 2014
stinggy:
Cocolav can you answer this pls?

I can't really say because I am a very straightforward person and people know me for that however, what I know is that this is common to both sexes and you can't narrow it down to the female gender alone.
Re: Why Women Are Not Straightforward. by stinggy(m): 4:47pm On Dec 06, 2014
CoCoLav:

I can't really say because I am a very straightforward person and people know me for that however, what I know is that this is common to both sexes and you can't narrow it down to the female gender alone.

Just that women find it hard to express their true state of mind. Even their "I'm fine" means more.

Btw perks of being... said you're having great time in camp, no wonder you've been scarce. Good for you smiley
Re: Why Women Are Not Straightforward. by biz2dhead(f): 6:40pm On Dec 06, 2014
I am straight forward and I have only meet guys who can't stand it which has lead to so may hurt! So can boldly ask why can't Nigerian men be straight forward.
Re: Why Women Are Not Straightforward. by Rapsainot(m): 6:46pm On Dec 06, 2014
Elantracey:

be honest , you know that's not true.

you and I know that I'm saying the truth
Re: Why Women Are Not Straightforward. by CoCoLav(f): 7:08pm On Dec 06, 2014
stinggy:

Just that women find it hard to express their true state of mind. Even their "I'm fine" means more.

Btw perks of being... said you're having great time in camp, no wonder you've been scarce. Good for you smiley

Well...when I say I'm fine I am.

I must say camp has been amazing. The parade is quite interesting to me and I love being part of it. The food is also not bad and the soldiers are friendly. smiley
Re: Why Women Are Not Straightforward. by Ishilove: 2:30pm On Dec 09, 2014
Op, you always shamelessly plagiarize people's work. Even the site you copied this work from credited the original writer. I'm a writer myself and I am always filled with rage each time someone steals my intellectual property, so I sympathise with naijasinglegirl.

Enjoy your time out.

(1)

Ladies, What If You Caught Your FIANCÉ Cheating With A Guy? / Chemical Properties Of A Woman - I Love This Creativity / Annoying Questions Ladies Ask Over Phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.