Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,506 members, 7,968,375 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 06:04 AM

Gun Found With Me Is Meant To Scare People During Campaigns —suspect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gun Found With Me Is Meant To Scare People During Campaigns —suspect (1016 Views)

I Was Flown Out For Surgery During Campaigns –patience Jonathan Tells - See More / No Law Bars Gifts To Voters During Campaigns — INEC / No Law Bars Sharing Of Rice And Other Gifts To Voters During Campaigns — INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gun Found With Me Is Meant To Scare People During Campaigns —suspect by siraj1402(m): 1:22am On Dec 07, 2014
SINCE the campaign towards 2015 elections started in Oyo State, there had been series of violence perpetrated by hoodlums in the guise of playing politics. Such was the case of one Pelumi Adebamiji who was arrested on Tuesday, November 18, 2104 with a double barrel gun found in his possession during a political rally at Egbeda area of Ibadan.

Before his arrest, policemen from Oyo State Police Command had found two pump action guns and three locally-made single barrel guns with eight rounds of live cartridges abandoned in the midst of a crowd at another political rally at Adelabu Shopping Complex, Idi-Aro area of Ibadan. It was suspected that the hoodlums who brought the weapons abandoned it when they sighted policemen.

Briefing newsmen recently at the police headquarters in Ibadan, the Police Public Relations Officer, Olabisi Okuwobi-Ilobanafor who spoke on behalf of the Commissioner of Police, disclosed that when the suspect was questioned on how he got the gun, he claimed that one of the members of State House of Assembly in Oyo State gave it to him.

But when interviewed by Crime Reports, Adebamiji denied mentioning the Honourable’s name, saying that he got the gun from one man simply known as Maja.

According to 37-year-old Adebamiji who said he works as an auto technician and lives at Oki area of Ibadan, “we heard that the governor of Oyo State, Senator Abiola Ajimobi was coming to Wakajaye area and we all gathered there to welcome him. I was one of those who worked for him in 2007 but since then, I have not had the opportunity to see him again.

“When he came, I went beside the raised platform where he was to greet him. I wanted to use the influence of one DSS official to get to the governor. Suddenly, I heard some people fighting beside the raised platform. They wanted to get the governor’s attention. The police shot into the air and people scampered into safety. The police started arresting people and I was also arrested there.

“I told them that the gun found with me was not mine. The gun originally belongs to one Maja. Maja put the gun in a campaign vehicle and I picked it from there. It was in a bag. When I took the gun, there was no bullet in it. I didn’t intend to use the gun for robbery but for politics.

“Maja was a Niger-Delta militant. I met him at one Honourable’s (identity withheld) house. We both work for him. Maja comes around whenever there is campaign. He ran away with his car when he heard that I’ve been arrested. He meets with politicians and tries to lobby for job during election campaigns. He parked his car in the compound. We use the gun to scare people during campaigns.

“The day I was arrested was our first outing for this year. We work for a political party (name withheld). We keep the gun in the car. We have a machete that we also use. In my area, I am the youth chairman, so when Maja came, the honourable introduced me to him. Maja used to tell us about those that he worked with in the past and how they used to reward him handsomely with gift of cars and money.

“Based on the story we were told, we started working with him. The Honourable met Maja through one Muslim cleric. He has been trying to send Maja away because of his questionable character.”

But the Honourable denied the story that made the rounds that he was the one who gave Adebamiji the gun, describing it as “wrong and destructive information.” According to the Honourable, who was also present at the parade of the suspect, “I never gave gun to anybody. I don’t have gun. I learnt Adebamiji was arrested and he is the chairman of youth forum in my community. His father is a member of landlords’ association in the community.

“One thing you must note is that as a politician, my house is open to all and youths come in. I open my gate early in the morning for those who want to pray in the mosque I have in my compound I can’t speak of his character. I don’t know if he is a member of my party because I have not seen his membership card. I have no personal relationship with him than his being a member of my community”.

The PPRO however said that the case was still under investigation with the aim of knowing the source of the gun.
http://tribune.com.ng/crime-2/item/23497-gun-found-with-me-is-meant-to-scare-people-during-campaigns-suspect

Re: Gun Found With Me Is Meant To Scare People During Campaigns —suspect by siraj1402(m): 1:23am On Dec 07, 2014
Odaran.
Re: Gun Found With Me Is Meant To Scare People During Campaigns —suspect by LordMecuzy(m): 1:25am On Dec 07, 2014
See Face
Re: Gun Found With Me Is Meant To Scare People During Campaigns —suspect by onosprince(m): 1:34am On Dec 07, 2014
This guy no resemble Nigerian oh... We fine pass so na
Re: Gun Found With Me Is Meant To Scare People During Campaigns —suspect by searchcorp(m): 1:41am On Dec 07, 2014
Now thats the fall guy.

Pele.
Re: Gun Found With Me Is Meant To Scare People During Campaigns —suspect by kilokeys(m): 2:52am On Dec 07, 2014
exactly d fall guy

politician goes free.

1 Like

Re: Gun Found With Me Is Meant To Scare People During Campaigns —suspect by bewla(m): 3:07am On Dec 07, 2014
do u c what i mean APC hand work

(1) (Reply)

IMO PDP GUBER: Who Has The Ticket? / APC VP Slot: Rivers People Are The Biggest Losers... / Buhari Is Not A Good Politician... With Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.