Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,626 members, 7,889,000 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:11 PM

Is Their An Ongoing Evolution Taking Place In Islam? No Offense! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Their An Ongoing Evolution Taking Place In Islam? No Offense! (1130 Views)

Fertility Issues And Contraception In Islam: / Ingredients Of Marital Love In Islam / Facts And Figures In Islam...... No Knowledge Is Waste! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Their An Ongoing Evolution Taking Place In Islam? No Offense! by ManTiger(m): 3:14am On Dec 07, 2014
I'll be brief.

1. Sometimes in 2009, I saw a group of muslim ummuh(females) and ummah(males) making an awareness of a program within the neighbor and apart from the PA system used, I saw some ummah with drums just like what the boys brigade normally use in ceremonies.

2. I once came across a muslim guy preaching in the bus, something that wasn't so common in the past.

3. A friend who reside in another location said "there is a young muslim couple who normally visit other muslims mostly younger ones and discuss with them from the holy book (hadith) and also encourage them to observe prayers among other things.

4. Sunday worship, its called Asalat (Asalatu). Very uncommon 10yrs,20yrs ago.

5. This you won't believe, as I'm typing, some muslims (ogunse) in my neighborhood is observing a vigil and the Alfa has being quoting verses from the Holy Bible while he also has an English interpreter. Obviously the man is a scholar!

Thus the question, is their an evolution going on? No offense meant.

You're free to add what you've noticed in your neighborhood.

1 Like

Re: Is Their An Ongoing Evolution Taking Place In Islam? No Offense! by john4affiliate: 3:30am On Dec 07, 2014
I like you simple and friendly approach.

There is a small female group within my neighborhood here in Ife, we call them Serah. Their pattern of prayer resembles that of christians and heard they also goes in spirit for up to 7days. Sincerely, my former landlords daughter went in spirit for 7days and gave some message to people during that 7days, some which happens for real.
Re: Is Their An Ongoing Evolution Taking Place In Islam? No Offense! by AdeniyiA(m): 4:54am On Dec 07, 2014
dem go wait for you to take all their members abi?
Re: Is Their An Ongoing Evolution Taking Place In Islam? No Offense! by fairprince(m): 5:30am On Dec 07, 2014
Would really be glad if there is one that could bring positive results and change the violence-oriented disposition of some followers.
Re: Is Their An Ongoing Evolution Taking Place In Islam? No Offense! by ZKOSOSO(m): 6:21am On Dec 07, 2014
ISBON is just like christian sunday service here in my neighbourhood abuja. Almost worship like aladura. They sit on chairs not mats.
Copycat everywhere in Islam.
Some items in old testament stolen to form the quran. Now its our mode of worship.
Can't they just receive christ and be converted?
Re: Is Their An Ongoing Evolution Taking Place In Islam? No Offense! by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:43am On Dec 07, 2014
AdeniyiA:
dem go wait for you to take all their members abi?
grin
Re: Is Their An Ongoing Evolution Taking Place In Islam? No Offense! by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 07, 2014
ManTiger:
I'll be brief.

1. Sometimes in 2009, I saw a group of muslim ummuh(females) and ummah(males) making an awareness of a program within the neighbor and apart from the PA system used, I saw some ummah with drums just like what the boys brigade normally use in ceremonies.

2. I once came across a muslim guy preaching in the bus, something that wasn't so common in the past.

3. A friend who reside in another location said "there is a young muslim couple who normally visit other muslims mostly younger ones and discuss with them from the holy book (hadith) and also encourage them to observe prayers among other things.

4. Sunday worship, its called Asalat (Asalatu). Very uncommon 10yrs,20yrs ago.

5. This you won't believe, as I'm typing, some muslims (ogunse) in my neighborhood is observing a vigil and the Alfa has being quoting verses from the Holy Bible while he also has an English interpreter. Obviously the man is a scholar!

Thus the question, is their an evolution going on? No offense meant.

You're free to add what you've noticed in your neighborhood.

The devil always tries to corrupt the pure monotheistic worship of the Almighty. It is a given that he will deceive some from among the more ignorant. There is an Islamic awakening that is not matched by the quality or number of scholars that can impart true Islamic knowledge. This is giving rise to different 'alfas' using the opportunity to make a fast buck. Then again, some people are just lazy and like being led.
Yet, those who are improving in Islamic knowledge are many. A decade or so ago, there were almost no knowledgeable muslims as professionals, the number of hijab sisters in higher institutions was practically negligible, few Nigerians could speak Arabic fluently (though many could read the Qur'an without comprehending), and Islamic education was restricted to the 'alfas' who were more interested in eating 'wolimah' food than teaching Islam.
Alhamdulillah, all that has changed for the better, almost overnight. The numbers of non-arab scholars and preachers have increased greatly in recent times.

2 Likes

Re: Is Their An Ongoing Evolution Taking Place In Islam? No Offense! by AJ01(m): 8:36am On Dec 07, 2014
Wetin concern me..mitcheww undecided
Re: Is Their An Ongoing Evolution Taking Place In Islam? No Offense! by saintopus(m): 10:29am On Dec 07, 2014
Abuamam:

The devil always tries to corrupt the pure monotheistic worship of the Almighty. It is a given that he will deceive some from among the more ignorant. There is an Islamic awakening that is not matched by the quality or number of scholars that can impart true Islamic knowledge. This is giving rise to different 'alfas' using the opportunity to make a fast buck. Then again, some people are just lazy and like being led.
Yet, those who are improving in Islamic knowledge are many. A decade or so ago, there were almost no knowledgeable muslims as professionals, the number of hijab sisters in higher institutions was practically negligible, few Nigerians could speak Arabic fluently (though many could read the Qur'an without comprehending), and Islamic education was restricted to the 'alfas' who were more interested in eating 'wolimah' food than teaching Islam.
Alhamdulillah, all that has changed for the better, almost overnight. The numbers of non-arab scholars and preachers have increased greatly in recent times.
I think in passed ten years, there has been improvement in religious tolerance. But you see, Islam has a loy to do to reedem their image more especially now in the wake of insurgency in Nigeria. A whole lot have changed in my area in Southern part of Nigeria specifically Port Harcourt. Women who are moslem wearing their hijab and more mosque along the streets. I am not a moslem nor a christian, but I know that both Islam and Christianity came from thesame root. A lot has changed maybe due social media. Is very popular if you buy a mobile device in Lagos for the guys to install a copy of the Holy Quran and the Holy Bible for you. Something unthinkable before.
Re: Is Their An Ongoing Evolution Taking Place In Islam? No Offense! by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 09, 2014
saintopus:

I think in passed ten years, there has been improvement in religious tolerance. But you see, Islam has a loy to do to reedem their image more especially now in the wake of insurgency in Nigeria. A whole lot have changed in my area in Southern part of Nigeria specifically Port Harcourt. Women who are moslem wearing their hijab and more mosque along the streets. I am not a moslem nor a christian, but I know that both Islam and Christianity came from thesame root. A lot has changed maybe due social media. Is very popular if you buy a mobile device in Lagos for the guys to install a copy of the Holy Quran and the Holy Bible for you. Something unthinkable before.

I don't understand what you mean by "Islam has a lot to do to redeem their image". Muslims are answerable to Allah alone. We serve only Allah, and seek His pleasure alone. We couldn't care less what others think of us.

As for Islam and Christianity being of the same source... no. Islam is the way of submission to Allah's Will, and was followed by all righteous men starting from Adam (as). All other religions; Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism... what have you; are deviations from that true path, brought about by innovators who sought to turn people away from seeking Allah's pleasure by making different styles of shirk seem attractive. Islam is the only truly monotheistic religion in the world. Judaism also tends towards monotheism, but their description of God's attributes are blasphemous in most cases.

1 Like

Re: Is Their An Ongoing Evolution Taking Place In Islam? No Offense! by emperoracro(m): 7:59am On Dec 21, 2014
Abuamam:

I don't understand what you mean by "Islam has a lot to do to redeem their image". Muslims are answerable to Allah alone. We serve only Allah, and seek His pleasure alone. We couldn't care less what others think of us.

As for Islam and Christianity being of the same source... no. Islam is the way of submission to Allah's Will, and was followed by all righteous men starting from Adam (as). All other religions; Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism... what have you; are deviations from that true path, brought about by innovators who sought to turn people away from seeking Allah's pleasure by making different styles of shirk seem attractive. Islam is the only truly monotheistic religion in the world. Judaism also tends towards monotheism, but their description of God's attributes are blasphemous in most cases.

I have read several hadiths n some extracts from the Quran, my questions are:
1) Is it true that Allah proclaims himsef a grand deceiver?
2) Does Allah command miming and killing defenseless people in the name of Jihad
3) And why do Muslims see other religion as a trash, rather respecting other people beliefs

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Quran And Science / All Lie Against Islam / There Are No Islamic Terrorists!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.