Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,899 members, 7,922,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:14 PM

The Refugee Camp In Darker Senegal - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Refugee Camp In Darker Senegal (1130 Views)

4 Simple Steps To A Longer, Thicker, Fuller And Darker Eyelashes - 4 LADIES / Igerians(men) In Senegal, How Do You Cope With Their Beautiful Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Refugee Camp In Darker Senegal by aiikay(m): 10:53pm On Dec 07, 2014
The repeated story about a particular Refugee Camp in Darker Senegal has left me with the thinking that some persons may have actually fallen victim to this professional, sorry non-professional, fraudsters. Contrary to my feeling that they should have at least changed this line of story, especially as I never gave it even a 1% believe, the same story has remained unedited for several years. Indeed it may have proved a very lucrative story for them. This has formed my desire to discuss the ugly and regular experience.

Below is the format of this regular mail:
“I am Miss ABC XYZ from Sudan/Liberia/Zambia/etc but presently residing in a Refugee Camp here in Darker, Senegal as a result of a war that broke out in my country. The camp is headed by Rev Fr this/Pastor that, whom I’m using his computer to send you this mail. My father, Dr this and that was murdered alongside my mother on a cold blood by the rebels. My Dad had so so million dollars in so so bank, which I’m the next of kin. The bank has requested that I get a foreign partner before I can claim the money. …”

Every of such mails usually come with beautiful pictures and flowers attached, especially if you have replied for the first time.
Although my research has shown that some persons began to get this story since around 2005, my first encounter with them was in July 2011; and ever since then, it has become a recurring decimal. Out of curiosity then, I played along very well until I was able to find all that is findable.

After that first encounter, I have got to be dismissing the mail early enough. But in many occasions, I ended the conversion by leaving a strong advice for them to desist from anything 419, yet they have not stopped sending it to me. This has made me to conclude that there are several persons/groups involved, independently. Otherwise they should have noted my email address and stopped wasting their time. Before now, the story usually poured in any time you sign up with any new online account, but recently they began to initiate the story via facebook, after which they will direct you to their email. Such facebook accounts are usually deactivated few days later, if you did not reply.

Even as I am largely certain that many people do understand the untrue nature of the story right from onset, I still have some worries that their inability to change the story is a proof that some are falling prey to them. I remember during my service year in 2013 when a friend begged to use my phone to send pictures to someone. He never wanted to let me understand what he was into, but luckily to him I was quick to understand what was going on immediately I sighted his email composition, because I needed to help him do the attachment. Then I sat him down and began to tell him what he was into. That was how I saved him.

The very first thing to note is that the story is not at all close to reality; and that there is not even any refugee camp of that sort in Darker, Senegal. I have kept on wondering why they preferred Darker. Is there any spiritual attachment to the name Darker or is it the only place Nigerians won’t suspect? There must be a reason for the choice of Darker, which I wish someone could help me find out.

So my dear friends that may still encounter this unchanging story, please be aware that such is never true. Perhaps the sender may not be far away from your street here in Nigeria. Do not be tempted to believe them even if the story is modified. If you should play along with them, pray hard not to be influenced by any of their diabolic means and you begin to believe the cock and bull story, and start revealing your personal information such as bank details or any form of password. You can equally remind them of the great reward of eternal damnation for the 419ners.

1 Like

Re: The Refugee Camp In Darker Senegal by mirexxx(f): 11:00pm On Dec 07, 2014
I got mails 4rm dem too. refugees indeed!
Re: The Refugee Camp In Darker Senegal by ALKARULEZ615(m): 11:25pm On Dec 07, 2014
#team_Foreign_Partners
Re: The Refugee Camp In Darker Senegal by podosci(m): 11:56pm On Dec 07, 2014
aiikay:
The repeated story about a particular Refugee Camp in Darker Senegal has left me with the thinking that some persons may have actually fallen victim to this professional, sorry non-professional, fraudsters. Contrary to my feeling that they should have at least changed this line of story, especially as I never gave it even a 1% believe, the same story has remained unedited for several years. Indeed it may have proved a very lucrative story for them. This has formed my desire to discuss the ugly and regular experience.

Below is the format of this regular mail:
“I am Miss ABC XYZ from Sudan/Liberia/Zambia/etc but presently residing in a Refugee Camp here in Darker, Senegal as a result of a war that broke out in my country. The camp is headed by Rev Fr this/Pastor that, whom I’m using his computer to send you this mail. My father, Dr this and that was murdered alongside my mother on a cold blood by the rebels. My Dad had so so million dollars in so so bank, which I’m the next of kin. The bank has requested that I get a foreign partner before I can claim the money. …”

Every of such mails usually come with beautiful pictures and flowers attached, especially if you have replied for the first time.
Although my research has shown that some persons began to get this story since around 2005, my first encounter with them was in July 2011; and ever since then, it has become a recurring decimal. Out of curiosity then, I played along very well until I was able to find all that is findable.

After that first encounter, I have got to be dismissing the mail early enough. But in many occasions, I ended the conversion by leaving a strong advice for them to desist from anything 419, yet they have not stopped sending it to me. This has made me to conclude that there are several persons/groups involved, independently. Otherwise they should have noted my email address and stopped wasting their time. Before now, the story usually poured in any time you sign up with any new online account, but recently they began to initiate the story via facebook, after which they will direct you to their email. Such facebook accounts are usually deactivated few days later, if you did not reply.

Even as I am largely certain that many people do understand the untrue nature of the story right from onset, I still have some worries that their inability to change the story is a proof that some are falling prey to them. I remember during my service year in 2013 when a friend begged to use my phone to send pictures to someone. He never wanted to let me understand what he was into, but luckily to him I was quick to understand what was going on immediately I sighted his email composition, because I needed to help him do the attachment. Then I sat him down and began to tell him what he was into. That was how I saved him.

The very first thing to note is that the story is not at all close to reality; and that there is not even any refugee camp of that sort in Darker, Senegal. I have kept on wondering why they preferred Darker. Is there any spiritual attachment to the name Darker or is it the only place Nigerians won’t suspect? There must be a reason for the choice of Darker, which I wish someone could help me find out.

So my dear friends that may still encounter this unchanging story, please be aware that such is never true. Perhaps the sender may not be far away from your street here in Nigeria. Do not be tempted to believe them even if the story is modified. If you should play along with them, pray hard not to be influenced by any of their diabolic means and you begin to believe the cock and bull story, and start revealing your personal information such as bank details or any form of password. You can equally remind them of the great reward of eternal damnation for the 419ners.
they are now getting the emails from Nairaland.....i reveived one from Nairaland
Re: The Refugee Camp In Darker Senegal by aiikay(m): 4:45am On Dec 08, 2014
podosci:

they are now getting the emails from Nairaland.....i reveived one from Nairaland
Yea, they extract email address from website.
The first request is usually that you mail them back. Having sent to many, it's only when one replies that they can check the history of the conversation so as to attach the proper pictures and flowers

(1) (Reply)

Why Cant Girls Be Normal Friends With Me? / Some Men Are Just Wonderful And True / The Best Way To Know The Right Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.