Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,755 members, 7,879,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 03:26 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1172182 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kaynine59(m): 2:39am On Jan 14, 2015
Mrnilobraun na wa o I just de log in see say dem delay u sef? Kai... Sorry bro. Repack and refire ehn it is well u no get shaking. Man up broda

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by BizBloke(m): 3:23am On Jan 14, 2015
henryosas:
Hello my pple,i realised that most of us who are waiting to hear from CIC now get scared of the unknown,pls this is very bad because fear is a spirit and if allowed can finished you and deliver a negative result to u.
Faith and fear are two opposite spirits, we need faith to get the good result u desire, without faith we cant get anything from God. Faith is confidence in action. Faith is to be certain of the things we cannot see, it is to be sure of the things we hope for .To exhibit faith is to continue to thank God in prayers after you have submitted your application, the more they delay to respond the more we should give thanks to God in expectations, with this you all will have good news!

You typed well, my son. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by BizBloke(m): 3:38am On Jan 14, 2015
Mrnilobrawn,
Sorry for the delay. Last stage: you'll get it right this time.
--
9jaBigGurl,
After several calls directed to voice mail, I decidedly called the Reception; was directed to same International Office. Hung up & dialed again; my call was forwarded/routed to another International Office number. Long story short, the $224 will be charged on my card tomorrow (provided the details), plus I got the right Int'l Office contact. About the Transcript, I was told I could submit the soft copy I have and the processing will go on, regardless of when the hard copy reaches them.

Can you recall the exchange rate when you were debited?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by BizBloke(m): 3:42am On Jan 14, 2015
toucheli:

don't tell me Nigeria now uses credit card, the last time i checked we had only verve, visa and master debit card and the best for online purchases and business transactions for me was uba africad, which was neither credit nor debit card.

I don't think that's the best anymore: GTBank & Diamond MasterCard works better. I suppose there are others but these I know.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 9jabiggurl: 6:21am On Jan 14, 2015
BizBloke:
Mrnilobrawn,
Sorry for the delay. Last stage: you'll get it right this time.
--
9jaBigGurl,
After several calls directed to voice mail, I decidedly called the Reception; was directed to same International Office. Hung up & dialed again; my call was forwarded/routed to another International Office number. Long story short, the $224 will be charged on my card tomorrow (provided the details), plus I got the right Int'l Office contact. About the Transcript, I was told I could submit the soft copy I have and the processing will go on, regardless of when the hard copy reaches them.

Can you recall the exchange rate when you were debited?

Exchange rate was about N148 thereabt then in Oct when dollar still stable small....Oh really they will accept soft copy of ur transcript for processing....lucky you.....they didnt allow that for me ooo however i guess they are running against time now...are u going for msc global mgt as well sept session??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kennycooly: 6:25am On Jan 14, 2015
Congrats much...
Jagz99:
Congrats.
you said u applied online nov 6th, was your biometrics done the same day or on another day? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kennycooly: 6:27am On Jan 14, 2015
God will surely do it for us all.. man has not to give up.....
Akin26:

Akin: October 2 2013, fleming college, paper, PG, DELAYED

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 9jabiggurl: 6:34am On Jan 14, 2015
@mrlilbrawn.....so so sorry about ur delay.....dont give up...God help you...and all awaitees

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by warrikid(m): 6:35am On Jan 14, 2015
Ok,got delayed again. At dis point I'm done wit dese CIC cats. I have a lot of biz to handle on the ground that I already was contemplating deferring to May had I gotten the trv. But you know God speaks in many ways,so I'll just request a refund from my supposed school and bid this thing farewell for now. I thank you all for your support and help,may God grant us our heart desires,Amen. #kpakam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Teeboy22(m): 7:13am On Jan 14, 2015
tianadiva:
hmmm i nr understand this pami issue o bro winkuote author=ManTiger post=29756115]

Big HUG!

Congrats, so happy for you.

Victory at last!

Mama Nkechi oyaar knack me one pami, mix one shot of Jedi and a plate of "ASSULTED" ponmo, knack my broda diamondsare4eva one ogogoro, I go pay u 2moro. smiley
grin
tianadiva:
hmmm i nr understand this pami issue o bro winkuote author=ManTiger post=29756115]

Big HUG!

Congrats, so happy for you.

Victory at last!

Mama Nkechi oyaar knack me one pami, mix one shot of Jedi and a plate of "ASSULTED" ponmo, knack my broda diamondsare4eva one ogogoro, I go pay u 2moro. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by BizBloke(m): 8:58am On Jan 14, 2015
9jabiggurl:

Exchange rate was about N148 thereabt then in Oct when dollar still stable small....Oh really they will accept soft copy of ur transcript for processing....lucky you.....they didnt allow that for me ooo however i guess they are running against time now...are u going for msc global mgt as well sept session??

Oh, alright. Thanks. By my workings, it should be between N160-N162 now. I'll let you know when it's done.

Yes, the lady said it can serve.

Yes to both questions: Msc Global Management & Sept session.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ezekuse: 9:08am On Jan 14, 2015
Hello house. Please I would like to know if seneca college requires IELTS/TOEFL from applicants from Nigeria for their Postgraduate programs.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bellniki1: 9:25am On Jan 14, 2015
What school plz?
9jabiggurl:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Jagz99: 9:46am On Jan 14, 2015
Nope they Dont.
just present your waec or neco results with at least a credit in english language.
ezekuse:
Hello house. Please I would like to know if seneca college requires IELTS/TOEFL from applicants from Nigeria for their Postgraduate programs.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Joythah(m): 10:04am On Jan 14, 2015
Thanks a lot... I'll take my time to re-evaluate and re-apply
lalavita:
Hi Joythah, for the Canadian consulate typically any "letter" is retained by them while documents are returned. You mentioned SOP, guarantors letter, letter of intro etc... sure these were addressed to them or titled "to whom it may concern" and in this case...it is them it concerns smiley. Sure your documents such as bank statements were returned...right?
I am sure of all this because I have a Canadian visitors visa which I applied for by paper and same thing happened to me in terms of docs and letters.

About your rejection. Sorry. Since purpose of visit was the only item ticked, how relevant is the training to your current job?
Even if they did not mention it, it also know they are big on travel history and home ties for short term visa. All the best. You can try reapplying.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by olutowo(m): 10:11am On Jan 14, 2015
Jagz99:
Nope they Dont.
just present your waec or neco results with at least a credit in english language.

Please, does this apply to ottawa university and also does ℓ̊t means the WAEC represents TOEFL Fø̲̣̣я̅ nigerian students??....this i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ where am stuck in Fø̲̣̣я̅ now. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 14, 2015
my epals,
i dnt understand this issue with refusal due to travel history. is it a bad for someone to have a virgin passport before coming to canada?. is it that they are feeling too big to disvirgin someone's passport?

itz very annoyin and confusin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 10:26am On Jan 14, 2015
olutowo:

Please, does this apply to ottawa university and also does ℓ̊t means the WAEC represents TOEFL Fø̲̣̣я̅ nigerian students??....this i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ where am stuck in Fø̲̣̣я̅ now. Thanks
TOEFL is to prove your English language proficiency.... And most Nigerian skools teach in English, so, I think th e answer is yes, since there is English language amongst the list of subjects you done in high skool and you sat for it during waec. Plus,they accept credit or distinction
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by emilyn: 10:30am On Jan 14, 2015
Hello all,

Please I need suggestions on how to tackle these delay reasons please:

* Travel history
* Purpose of visit
* Ties in canada and home country
* Personal assets and financial status

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 10:32am On Jan 14, 2015
toecyne:
my epals,
i dnt understand this issue with refusal due to travel history. is it a bad for someone to have a virgin passport before coming to canada?. is it that they are feeling too big to disvirgin someone's passport?

itz very annoyin and confusin
I had a virgin passport. Na something dey always trigger that reason (don't know what it is exactly)...However, most of us believe it is just a random thing. So, you can just reapply without including the UCI number from the refused application, but add the reason for the initial refusal.
#CanadaAwaitsYou.

Good luck.

》》》》blink out!.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 14, 2015
blink6:

I had a virgin passport. Na something dey always trigger that reason (don't know what it is exactly)...However, most of us believe it is just a random thing. So, you can just reapply without including the UCI number from the refused application, but add the reason for the initial refusal.
#CanadaAwaitsYou.

Good luck.

》》》》blink out!.
iv never applied before bro, im submitting my application tommorow, im jst kinda scared becos i ave a virgin passport. you were granted trv with a virgin passport?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by opsynusy(f): 10:42am On Jan 14, 2015
warrikid:
Ok,got delayed again. At dis point I'm done wit dese CIC cats. I have a lot of biz to handle on the ground that I already was contemplating deferring to May had I gotten the trv. But you know God speaks in many ways,so I'll just request a refund from my supposed school and bid this thing farewell for now. I thank you all for your support and help,may God grant us our heart desires,Amen. #kpakam
Arghhhh warrikid..not again,take heart dear,what were the reasons given?.....but don't give up on the "CIC cats" yet,your next trial will surely be the last. It is well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 10:44am On Jan 14, 2015
toecyne:

iv never applied before bro, im submitting my application tommorow, im jst kinda scared becos i ave a virgin passport. you were granted trv with a virgin passport?
yes!. My passport was virgin. It shouldn't be an issue cos they don't refuse by that reason much. Don't let fear ruin the good that's to come. Just gather your docs and list them here so that you will get help before you apply.

Good luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by opsynusy(f): 10:47am On Jan 14, 2015
blink6:

#CanadaAwaitsYou.

Good luck.

》》》》blink out!.
sorry I really don't get the part that says "so you can reapply without including the UCI number from the refused application" you mean the UCI number isn't really necessary in a re-application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 10:48am On Jan 14, 2015
Guyz, when one (differ & ) request for a refund does it mean his admission will be closed?...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 10:50am On Jan 14, 2015
opsynusy:
sorry I really don't get the part that says "so you can reapply without including the UCI number from the refused application" you mean the UCI number isn't really necessary in a re-application?
well, I no ft shout. grin
I didn't include it when I was reapplying... but I stated the reason for my the initial refusal.

Not that it is not necessary... I didn't add it because I forgot to. But it helped, cos I'm happy I forgot to add it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 10:51am On Jan 14, 2015
blink6:

#CanadaAwaitsYou.

Good luck.

》》》》blink out!.
U sure thats a good idea?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 14, 2015
blink6:

yes!. My passport was virgin. It shouldn't be an issue cos they don't refuse by that reason much. Don't let fear ruin the good that's to come. Just gather your docs and list them here so that you will get help before you apply.

Good luck.
God bless you bro

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by opsynusy(f): 10:54am On Jan 14, 2015
blink6:

well, I no ft shout. grin
I didn't include it when I was reapplying... but I stated the reason for my the initial refusal.

Not that it is not necessary... I didn't add it because I forgot to. But it helped, cos I'm happy I forgot to add it
lol

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 10:57am On Jan 14, 2015
mrnilobrawn:
Guyz, when one (differ & ) request for a refund does it mean his admission will be closed?...
ok... let's look at it this way;
if it is a policy to pay the tuition before being accepted, then your application MIGHT be closed, else, it won't be.

When you defer, you'll still retain your student number and you will be required to pay another application fee, but this time, it will be half of the normal app fee (MUN).

So, try mailing the school's admissions office to hear from them directly.

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 10:58am On Jan 14, 2015
I think the UCI number can still be ommited without any implication.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=772&t=4

Blinks whats up? Any idea on my question above.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by BizBloke(m): 11:23am On Jan 14, 2015
Bellniki1:
What school plz?

Royal Roads in British Columbia.

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.