Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,251 members, 7,894,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 11:29 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1176809 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tosinfemi: 6:47pm On May 21, 2015
Pls help a brother here.. it's been a month and 6 days I've applied now precisely April 15; did biometric April 17 but yet to get a response from them or even a thank u for ur patient. I applied online.. PG Fanshewe College. I hope everything is fine
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 21, 2015
Siga:
... I feel u, but I must tell u as many are getting denied... some are getting it... some at least two wey be silent readers on this same forum collect of recent... cos they emailed me ... alot ...u wont hear from them on this forum until denied and u hear I am a silent reader...

At some point... Grace comes in to tilt the decision in ones favour.... Also, u cant tell until u see her application... she may have written something off on her application... a gap in history she didnt close or something we may over look.... Judging an application without seeing it and based on hearsay does not guarantee a solution....

Alright boss..Nice to hear people still get approvals for a change, I almost thought there were no applicants outside of NL grin

Agree about the Grace part too..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 21, 2015
tosinfemi:
Pls help a brother here.. it's been a month and 6 days I've applied now precisely April 15; did biometric April 17 but yet to get a response from them or even a thank u for ur patient. I applied online.. PG Fanshewe College. I hope everything is fine

Oga mi, if I were u I will just relax and chill.
No point trying to tempt fate, sooner than later you will get the success mail..as will the rest of us.
Stay calm and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tosinfemi: 7:06pm On May 21, 2015
@ dareFestus, Thanks for the encouraging words.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Solo8(m): 7:07pm On May 21, 2015
A lot of people have been passing opinions as facts, Do not apply for things you can't afford. Masters is way more expensive and honestly a naija B.Sc does not hold up to a Canadian B.Sc, everybody know that, including the people looking at your application. A post graduate diploma is still an upgrade to a naija B.Sc. People here even do post grad diploma after going to university. If you apply for Masters you might have a better chance, but it puts a higher burden to prove that you can pay your fees and day to day living.

People are being denied on a case by case basis. It might be that you are not among the top choices during the period you applied and they have met their quota or many other reasons. Again thousands of people apply from almost every country in the world, including the states that is next door. Apply to what makes the most sense to you.

Lets not confuse people.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by easyxtan: 7:08pm On May 21, 2015
Hubby SOA 4.5 million, Co- Sponsor( brother) 7 Million(SOA), mine (SOA) 550k......10,000 Canadian Tuition deposit Paid, tuition balance left 23,000 Canadian. Am i good to go financially for my 2yrs MBA ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by deedee0: 7:09pm On May 21, 2015
Odinwa:

I can't travel back to east to request for another transcript when I already have one with me. Am in lagos now and I can't travel to east now!!
Simply send an email to the school to find out if they will accept a transcript that was addressed to another school. U can explain with a good reason, maybe so u would be able to meet up with a deadline.
If its not acceptable you would av to gt another transcript. Like someone said, mutilating would be FRAUD

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by deedee0: 7:13pm On May 21, 2015
Tsola6:
Ladies and gentle men, how y'all doin
Madam! Madam!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by berexio1: 7:27pm On May 21, 2015
Ugochux:
With the current ranking,
Australia = best minimum wage (world wide oo).
Dx info no concern dx thread shaa...lol *winks*
Best minimum wage-High Cost of living and tuition=Low savings and low financial progress..**winks**

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by dahjor(m): 7:29pm On May 21, 2015
darefestus:

Tuition fees + Living fees + miscellaneous fees (all for first year)

If your first year tuition is 15,000CAD for instance, just add it with the stipulated 10,000CAD for living and another 10,000 CAD for miscellaneous making 35,000CAD.

And make sure your sponsor's SOA covers this and has a significant amount remaining.

Many Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 21, 2015
mevisbleek:
I have been following NL for a long time. I truly love to see more Nigerians in Canada. I feel so terrible hearing all this horrible refusals. I sympathize with everyone that give refused from the bottom of my heart

In times like this we need to seat down, rethink our strategy and come up with quality ideas to tackle an issue. I believe in God but I'm also a firm believer of putting the right strategy in place so that God can easily do his job (people will say heaven helps those who help themself)

I know that what I'm about to say will hurt a lot of people but I'm deeply sorry. I'm giving my candid advise as a brother and as someone that has the best interest of fellow Nigerians. No disrespect to anyone. Please forgive me if I sound rude but it's not my intention at all God is my witness.

Let me put my self in the VO shoe for a second, if I were to be a vo I would deny a lot of apps that I see these days. My people why the sudden rush into colleges after completion of a BSc in Nigeria? These guys are researched inclined and know fully well that a college grad has little or no intention of returning because what kind of job awaits you in Nigeria, a market filled with masters and phd grads from Europe and other continent. I feel a Masters degree should be a better academic progression after BSc even if one has no intention of returning. Years back masters used to be the trend for Nigerians coming over but now college is because people have heared about PR and everyone is trying to get in by all means

The deny for reasons like no family tie in home country, which other tie them want when all your siblings dey naija? Trust me the VOs are seeing a trend and they are trend for this but we Nigerians believe in packaging, packaging without strategy and critical thinking makes no sense .

Trust me guys, let's restrategize. Please feel free to insult me I hardly get upset. I'm just a concerned citizen. Let's go for advanced degree and show these Vo's that we have something to offer and not just hungry about PR.

Just an advise guys. No pms please. Curse me on this platform

Love your post. Spot on!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mevisbleek: 7:50pm On May 21, 2015
Solo8:
A lot of people have been passing opinions as facts, Do not apply for things you can't afford. Masters is way more expensive and honestly a naija B.Sc does not hold up to a Canadian B.Sc, everybody know that, including the people looking at your application. A post graduate diploma is still an upgrade to a naija B.Sc. People here even do post grad diploma after going to university. If you apply for Masters you might have a better chance, but it puts a higher burden to prove that you can pay your fees and day to day living.

People are being denied on a case by case basis. It might be that you are not among the top choices during the period you applied and they have met their quota or many other reasons. Again thousands of people apply from almost every country in the world, including the states that is next door. Apply to what makes the most sense to you.

Lets not confuse people.

Good day Sir /madame,
MSc is actually cheaper than most colleges that people apply to. I believe we Nigerians do not like due process, anything that follows due process will be termed "long thing". Masters application is part of that long thing while pgd application take like 1-2 or there about. People don't want to write Gre or gmat becos they feel say na long thing

Don't crucify me oh its just what I feel. Lol

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by NaD720: 8:00pm On May 21, 2015
bighead1:
The rate at which they have been dashing people TRV on that Australia thread, just like purewate 3 for #20

P.S don't mind my words though, once you have money, Australia doesn't really care.

Could you share the Australian TRV link?? Tried searching on here but it's breaking out something different.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 8:02pm On May 21, 2015
berexio1:
Best minimum wage-High Cost of living and tuition=Low savings and low financial progress..**winks**

What goes around comes back around...*winks*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kfrosh: 8:02pm On May 21, 2015
Not really true bro; People don't apply for Masters cos they didn't meet the minimum requirements of 2.1. Na who no like better thing grin
mevisbleek:

Good day Sir /madame,
MSc is actually cheaper than most colleges that people apply to. I believe we Nigerians do not like due process, anything that follows due process will be termed "long thing". Masters application is part of that long thing while pgd application take like 1-2 or there about. People don't want to write Gre or gmat becos they feel say na long thing

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Solo8(m): 8:14pm On May 21, 2015
mevisbleek:

Good day Sir /madame,

I'm not gonna argue this point because its simply not true. A master program that takes 2 to 4 yrs does not cost the same as a post grad diploma that you can get in a yr (and it is a harder threshold to qualify for academically), I don't know what schools you are looking at. I know a lot of naija people that are doing both routes here.

Regardless, anyone that applies for masters just for the sake of it is just wasting money and time. Don't be desperate, look at what matches your goals and what will get you employed without you going in debt and do whats best for you (especially if you want to stay here).

It's only naija people that rush into masters without thinking out about it because everybody does it back home. Times have changed, employers want people with skills and not just papers. There is a huge debate going on here regarding the value of B.Arts and useless B.Sc programs. Kids go to college and come out make more money with more applicable skills.

I'm done with this one. Back to helping people that have questions...

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 8:29pm On May 21, 2015
My lady has bn on a very low key fr a while now..lol I dy hail ooo @tnuola
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 8:33pm On May 21, 2015
NaD720:

Could you share the Australian TRV link?? Tried searching on here but it's breaking out something different.

www.nairaland.com/1032530/general-australian-visa-enquiries
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 8:35pm On May 21, 2015
Ugochux:
My lady has bn on a very low key fr a while now..lol
I dy hail ooo @tnuola

I just dey observe... LOL!!!!!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 8:41pm On May 21, 2015
tnuola:

I just dey observe... LOL!!!!!!!!!
That's just the best thing to do now ooo.. I believe all is well with you shaa.. Take care Dear
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 8:53pm On May 21, 2015
Ugochux:

That's just the best thing to do now ooo..
I believe all is well with you shaa.. Take care Dear

Yes all is well, thanks a lot..
All the best in your app. May God crowm your efforts with success

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Gods1son: 8:54pm On May 21, 2015
Let us reduce the pressure on this thread plssss!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bravo269(m): 9:07pm On May 21, 2015
justwise:

What sort of visa do you have?
Good evening. I haven't gotten any visa yet. I want your advise sir I want to travel and work but I see you have better idea bout oversea countries please which country do you choose for me?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 9:08pm On May 21, 2015
tnuola:

Yes all is well, thanks a lot.. All the best in your app. May God crowm your efforts with success
Amen ooo...I really appreciate..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kfrosh: 9:17pm On May 21, 2015
Just tried GTB MasterCard now to submit my app still transaction not successful. Anybody with any useful tips or does one have to try it over and over again before it can go tru.
SeraSera:

Try GTB Mastercard. Worked like a charm for me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by teeflow09: 9:22pm On May 21, 2015
NaD720:

Please is there anyone on this thread that just got his Australian visa through teleperformance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by berexio1: 9:23pm On May 21, 2015
bravo269:

Good evening. I haven't gotten any visa yet. I want your advise sir I want to travel and work but I see you have better idea bout oversea countries please which country do you choose for me?
Make i just waka pass before i talk anoda tin shocked undecided cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 9:33pm On May 21, 2015
teeflow09:

Please is there anyone on this thread that just got his Australian visa through teleperformance

Check their Thread sir/ma...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 9:58pm On May 21, 2015
tbaib:

I guess the mistake was leaving at all people do what u do but dont leave till they get their study visa

Pick it up with a lawyer to clear your name in USA at least. Contact a lawyer in USA . Ill speak to a friend who is using a lawyer also ill drop the name when iv gotten it most of these lawyers say no pay till they won the case.

Oh, thanks alot. God bless you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sholay2011(m): 10:03pm On May 21, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 10:11pm On May 21, 2015
tbaib:

If you are not asked dont say. Is there anywhere on your form that asks if you have been banned from usa? If yes say the truth cause theyll know they track people especially immigrants.

Canada only cares about money and criminal records of foreign applicants

They also want proof that you are valuable in your country and not just going to come here and sit down after what u do to stay in canada after you get it is up to u. But the before part is more important

There is nothing prayer cant solve(if you are a christian or in any religion)

Also there is this province application category some are looking for immigrants. I think quebec (Please browse more on it for info)

Thanks. That's some but i wish u were 100percent sure. I've been praying n i know it's well.
Going to Saskatchewan.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SeraSera(m): 11:00pm On May 21, 2015
kfrosh:
Just tried GTB MasterCard now to submit my app still transaction not successful. Anybody with any useful tips or does one have to try it over and over again before it can go tru.

I think you'll probably have to keep retrying.

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (502)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.