Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,730 members, 7,875,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:39 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1170978 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by OtunbaJega: 2:35am On Dec 26, 2014
bezimo:
Paper based application
Applied on 27th October, 2014
Biometrics 27th October, 2014
Medical invitation 10th December, 2014
Application approved 24th December, 2014

Team# University of Manitoba.

I wish those awaiting application approval and medical IV Gods Favour.

IcM. Undergrad or masters?...I am a student here.... Reply ur email plz
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by OtunbaJega: 2:37am On Dec 26, 2014
Dam12:
Yea i finally settled for another related environmental course in niagara

EIA?....A friend completed it last year..its a nice program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 4:24am On Dec 26, 2014
pchax:

I get that feeling. Like I was waiting for my medical call up to drop my 2 weeks notice. Just be hopeful. It would come.

Amen .. Thank u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 4:25am On Dec 26, 2014
okchris:

Merry Christmas To The My Wonderful and Blessed People in The House. A.K.A E-Family. @ tnuola. You know for sure that God is not sleeping, and certainly, God answers PRAYERS. Please, Don't Panic. Although, I am not sure if you applied for Sarnia or Toronto Campus. Just to inform you that 2nd - 9th of January is for Registration and Orientation (Toronto Campus) You can also like the school page on Facebook for more info. In addition, from what I see on the LOA, offer expiry is on the 15th of January. So, my dear, GOD WILL SEE US THROUGH. AMEN.

Hmmmn ok, would do, thanks alot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 4:26am On Dec 26, 2014
Anugoson:
@ tnuola......My dear tnuola...I prayed for you 2day...don't worry you will soon smile ok...all these chilling pills shall not be in vain...success awaits you ok...happy xmas...Cheers!!!

Thank u so much.. Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 4:37am On Dec 26, 2014
Hey dear welcome on board Team# university of manitoba,wen re landing dear
bezimo:
Paper based application
Applied on 27th October, 2014
Biometrics 27th October, 2014
Medical invitation 10th December, 2014
Application approved 24th December, 2014

Team# University of Manitoba.

I wish those awaiting application approval and medical IV Gods Favour.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by redribs(m): 7:19am On Dec 26, 2014
Morning fam, how’s it going? Honestly, this season has been a lot more occupying than I imagined, but it’s no excuse for me to say I couldn’t squeeze out time to discuss my application. Here it goes:

I made my submission online and my application was opened on the 10th of October
I did my biometrics on the 20th of October
Waited patiently for an endless 7 weeks b4 I got invited for medicals by 9th of December.
I did my medicals on the 12th of October
Then I waited another anxious 11 days before my medicals status showed passed and my passport was requested. Both on the 23rd of December.

My application was closed on the 24th of December.

From open to close, my application process took well over 2 months.

I submitted the following:
Proof of means of financial Support
Sponsor’s letter of consent to sponsorship addressed to Visa Officer. This was printed on his company letterhead, signed, but not notarized. (Sponsor is my dad)
Sponsor’s CAC papers (the ones I could get and that were still valid)
Sponsor’s bank reference letter addressed to the Canadian Embassy, asserting his credibility
Sponsor’s business and personal SOAs showing 6 months history
Residential address land documents registered in sponsor’s name
UOttawa fee invoice and telex copies of payment made with respect to the invoice
(I used document separators. The VO probably appreciated that because the SOAs were 3 in number and all from the same bank; so demarcating the docs was good for clarity)

Letter of Explanation
Letter of explanation addressed to Visa Officer, explaining the important issues of my app in simple and concise words. A single page did it for me.
Police clearance certificate used in first application
Letter of employment, pay slips and salary account SOA showing 6-months history
NYSC cert, birth cert, professional certificates
(I forgot to include my resume/CV)

Letter of Acceptance
Admission offer letter
Offer acceptance
Email from UOttawa confirming enrolment into winter session
Alma-mater B.Sc certificate and SSCE certificates

Passport pages
Biodata page
Pages with visas and stamps

Happy boxing day guys.

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 7:23am On Dec 26, 2014
OtunbaJega:
. You actually applied on my bday....Blink6...This is your padi oooo.... Are you going to MUN or Brandon.... You don try for here oooo...almost 3years....
I dey the matter since dey learn. I actually started my application this year...
Was refused on my initial, but I'm smiling now.
Na MUN I dey go o! Brandon messed up jare.

How u btw?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by okchris: 7:57am On Dec 26, 2014
redribs:
Morning fam, how’s it going? Honestly, this season has been a lot more occupying than I imagined, but it’s no excuse for me to say I couldn’t squeeze out time to discuss my application. Here it goes:

I made my submission online and my application was opened on the 10th of October
I did my biometrics on the 20th of October
Waited patiently for an endless 7 weeks b4 I got invited for medicals by 9th of December.
I did my medicals on the 12th of October
Then I waited another anxious 11 days before my medicals status showed passed and my passport was requested. Both on the 23rd of December.

My application was closed on the 24th of December.

From open to close, my application process took well over 2 months.

I submitted the following:
Proof of means of financial Support
Sponsor’s letter of consent to sponsorship addressed to Visa Officer. This was printed on his company letterhead, signed, but not notarized. (Sponsor is my dad)
Sponsor’s CAC papers (the ones I could get and that were still valid)
Sponsor’s bank reference letter addressed to the Canadian Embassy, asserting his credibility
Sponsor’s business and personal SOAs showing 6 months history
Residential address land documents registered in sponsor’s name
UOttawa fee invoice and telex copies of payment made with respect to the invoice
(I used document separators. The VO probably appreciated that because the SOAs were 3 in number and all from the same bank; so demarcating the docs was good for clarity)

Letter of Explanation
Letter of explanation addressed to Visa Officer, explaining the important issues of my app in simple and concise words. A single page did it for me.
Police clearance certificate used in first application
Letter of employment, pay slips and salary account SOA showing 6-months history
NYSC cert, birth cert, professional certificates
(I forgot to include my resume/CV)

Letter of Acceptance
Admission offer letter
Offer acceptance
Email from UOttawa confirming enrolment into winter session
Alma-mater B.Sc certificate and SSCE certificates

Passport pages
Biodata page
Pages with visas and stamps

Happy boxing day guys.
Hi Bro. Happy Boxing Day. Before your application was closed and approved, did you notice any changes in your mycic account? I mean, ''Review of biometric information : Not needed at this time'' in your mycic account? I am asking because many people got that and before, it was saying ''We received Your Biometric''
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Rubbers(m): 8:11am On Dec 26, 2014
OtunbaJega:

You can go for a PGD.....

Really?? Please is there like an application window when i can start applying? Which schools offer pgd (colleges or uni's?) Im going for any Health related course. Finally is it acceptable to have a foreign sponsor?? Pls sum1 in d house can help shed more light. Sorry for the plenty question's im a kind of novice in the canny biz embarassed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by emperoracro(m): 8:25am On Dec 26, 2014
Amefrica:

Hahaha... Na garri sure pass oo, I go like swap if e dey possible grin
b careful wat u wish for o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 26, 2014
emperoracro:

b careful wat u wish for o

I didn't make a wish. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 8:35am On Dec 26, 2014
okchris:

Hi Bro. Happy Boxing Day. Before your application was closed and approved, did you notice any changes in your mycic account? I mean, ''Review of biometric information : Not needed at this time'' in your mycic account? I am asking because many people got that and before, it was saying ''We received Your Biometric''
It happened to er'1. You don't have to be scared.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by emperoracro(m): 8:39am On Dec 26, 2014
Rubbers:

Really?? Please is there like an application window when i can start applying? Which schools offer pgd (colleges or uni's?) Im going for any Health related course. Finally is it acceptable to have a foreign sponsor?? Pls sum1 in d house can help shed more light. Sorry for the plenty question's im a kind of novice in the canny biz embarassed
Application window; u mean period when u can apply? If yes applications for fall 2015 is on now n starts closing by feb depends on d schol.
Both colleges n univ offer pgd. check: http://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=health&program_level_merged=Graduate+level+certificate%2Fdiploma&program_language=ENGLISH
You can use a foreign sponsor but u nid to provide all necssary docs n ids for him or her.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by emperoracro(m): 8:41am On Dec 26, 2014
Amefrica:

I didn't make a wish. smiley
TRUST U...........LORD OF THE JUNGLE

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 26, 2014
merry christmas to this my new e-family. guys una too much for this forum. im seeing lots of mistakes i made in my last application. i wanna hopefully re-apply february 2015 against june resumption date, so i dey try arrange and tidy all my documents very well. abeg i need una help concerning my SOP. is it compulsory its included among the documents to submit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by charlesbussyyahoocom: 10:11am On Dec 26, 2014
i wish every member of the house merry xmas and happy new year in advance.....please i need urgent response to my question,i got my admission letter from the school i applied to and i want to apply for my visa, what and what do i need to put in place to apply for the visa ? God bless.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Anugoson(m): 10:17am On Dec 26, 2014
mrterry007:
merry christmas to this my new e-family. guys una too much for this forum. im seeing lots of mistakes i made in my last application. i wanna hopefully re-apply february 2015 against june resumption date, so i dey try arrange and tidy all my documents very well. abeg i need una help concerning my SOP. is it compulsory its included among the documents to submit?
Bro you have to include it since Canadian embassy do not call for interviews,so your SOP(Letter of Explanation) will stand for you in place of interview,so it's necessary...pm me for the SOP.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Anugoson(m): 10:19am On Dec 26, 2014
charlesbussyyahoocom:
i wish every member of the house merry xmas and happy new year in advance.....please i need urgent response to my question,i got my admission letter from the school i applied to and i want to apply for my visa, what and what do i need to put in place to apply for the visa ? God bless.
Congrats on your admission...will refer you to part 6...you will get the info there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 10:51am On Dec 26, 2014
Menh this holiday is quite slow and long.... embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed lipsrsealed
Can it get passed alittle faster
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 11:02am On Dec 26, 2014
charlesbussyyahoocom:

Use this period to read from part 5 or 6 2 date.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kennybravo1(m): 11:08am On Dec 26, 2014
Please my brothers and sisters can you please tell me why my SOP was removed from my file thou I was delayed but I'm not still cleared why it was removed, your urgent reply is highly appreciated .thanks
Merry xmas and prosperous new year in advance .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tofam3k3(m): 11:23am On Dec 26, 2014
blink6:

Those wey dey succeed no dey follow majority.

No mind me o!. Them dey choose the place wey ft their preferences na.

You there already?
well said....I'll be in st John's on 28th. PG oil and gas Engineering
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by redribs(m): 11:27am On Dec 26, 2014
okchris:

Yes. Same thing with my account. It was a general system error I suppose
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 11:31am On Dec 26, 2014
redribs:

Yes. Same thing with my account. It was a general system error I suppose
Congrats @redribs smiley. Make sure u carry enough aboniki. cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 11:33am On Dec 26, 2014
Anugoson:
Bro you have to include it since Canadian embassy do not call for interviews,so your SOP(Letter of Explanation) will stand for you in place of interview,so it's necessary...pm me for the SOP.
Hi @Anugoson, if u don't mind I wld need a copy of SOP too. Pls?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by charlesbussyyahoocom: 12:14pm On Dec 26, 2014
i wish you merry xmas bravo, i got my admission letter and i want to apply for my visa and the person sponsoring me is not in the country....pls what do i need from him to send to me so as to apply for my visa and what do i need myself to arrange. ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Cancity234: 12:30pm On Dec 26, 2014
Airport mode with @pchax and @double08 grin grin

God bless you all and more medical calls dis new season

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by charlesbussyyahoocom: 12:38pm On Dec 26, 2014
i wish all well....please do i need to notarize my certificate before i apply for my visa ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Anugoson(m): 1:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
charlesbussyyahoocom:
i wish all well....please do i need to notarize my certificate before i apply for my visa ?
You don't need to notarize your certificates,you can always notarize your sponsorship letter if need be,especially if the person sponsoring you is not either of your parents...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 1:43pm On Dec 26, 2014
Anugoson:
You don't need to notarize your certificates,you can always notarize your sponsorship letter if need be,especially if the person sponsoring you is not either of your parents...
Hi @anugoson, twice I've asked for your help bt u completely ignored me. Dunno y bt it isn't right just tot I shld let u knw.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Akin26: 3:06pm On Dec 26, 2014
WESTERNCR:
Hello Good people in the house. Please how do i tackle this delayed? reasons:
1, purpose of travel
2, length of stay
3, asset and financial status
4, travel history
5, employment

I applied using my uncle's SOA. I recently concluded my NYSC program. I have a landed property in which I included the agreement but I didnt include my personal SOA because I didnt have enough balance in it. I paid first semester tuition fee.
Please guys how do I tackle this delay in my refire?

Thank you.
please house...this was the same reason I was denied also...how can I tackle this? @oga siga and co...please come to my rescue

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.