Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,084 members, 7,880,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:06 PM

Landlord Palava, Please What Do I Do? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Landlord Palava, Please What Do I Do? (678 Views)

Lagos Landlord Palava / From Tenant To Landlord.my Experience. / Living The Life In Lekki: How To Become A Lekki Landlord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Landlord Palava, Please What Do I Do? by greatmarshall(m): 10:03am On Dec 10, 2014
Hello guys, I paid and moved into this apartment around December last year as a tenant and my rent is to expire this December 31st... Around April this year he (the landlord) served me a quit notice to quit by December that he wants to do some renovation...I accepted and was even looking out for another apartment only for him to call me and asked that I give him some part of next year's rent that he needed money to sort out some things...and that I should forget about moving out, that was in October... I told him to be patient till December so I could give him everything at once, and he obliged only for him to call me this morning to inform me that he wants me to move out by December...
* Please I want to ask because the quit notice he gave me was not registered in any court... Is it authentic?
* Am I not to stay till the expiration of my rent before moving out?
Please Lawyers in this forum I need your advice... Can I sue him? Thanks
Re: Landlord Palava, Please What Do I Do? by yogun(f): 10:25am On Dec 10, 2014
U can't just move out like that. He needs to give u time to find another apartment to move to. That's the law.
Re: Landlord Palava, Please What Do I Do? by verygudbadguy(m): 10:40am On Dec 10, 2014
He must be a joker. You are entitled to atleast 3 months for you to look around and get another apartment. Don't give in to any of his threats.
Re: Landlord Palava, Please What Do I Do? by greatmarshall(m): 11:19am On Dec 10, 2014
yogun:
U can't just move out like that. He needs to give u time to find another apartment to move to. That's the law.
Thank you...
Re: Landlord Palava, Please What Do I Do? by greatmarshall(m): 11:29am On Dec 10, 2014
verygudbadguy:
He must be a joker. You are entitled to atleast 3 months for you to look around and get another apartment. Don't give in to any of his threats.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Wow!!! This Is Opportunity Again Don't Miss It / Affordable Plots Of Land In Gwagwalada Area Of Abuja / An Amazing 5 Bedroom Duplex For Sale At Medina Estate!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.