Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,844 members, 7,915,427 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 12:00 AM

Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH (1771 Views)

Rear-admiral Alison Madueke (rtd) Flies In Legal Team To Defend His Wife Diezani / How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) / There Are ONLY Two Sets Of People Who Hate Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH by superneutral(m): 10:46am On Dec 10, 2014
"Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (Rtd) would not be
a good economic manager, but a “strong, almost
inflexible, courageous and firm leader.” ~ Former
President, Olusegun Obasanjo In his New
Autobiography, "My Watch''

http://www.skytrendnews.com/index.php/news/cover/5739-former-president-obasanjo-flouts-court-order-unveils-his-contentious-autobiography-in-nigeria

Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH by 9inches(m): 10:48am On Dec 10, 2014
And the beans spilling continues... Some of all the political actors the he is yet to mention their names will be taking cover by now.
Has he spilled any beans about Mr. Fix-it yet? Baba Iyabo, at what page did you discuss Tony Anenih, Orji Uzor Kalu and his mum, Peter Odili (where is that man sef?), Dariye, Alams, IBB (a fool at 70 grin) and of course more spillage on Atiku

1 Like

Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH by superneutral(m): 10:50am On Dec 10, 2014
bro... u didn't read the tread
Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:53am On Dec 10, 2014
Is Jonathan a good one? No president in the history of Nigeria is as wasteful as that mofo.
Besides, he only need a sound financial adviser, not an IMF puppet like the frog-faced clueless Ngozi

3 Likes

Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH by Firefire(m): 10:54am On Dec 10, 2014
absolutely

Buhari mission is vendetta against his enemies of many years.

He is a bad manager.

HE CAN NEVER BECOME THE PRESIDENT OF UNITED NIGERIA. NEVER!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH by saint047(m): 10:56am On Dec 10, 2014
tongue

Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH by dguyindcorner(m): 11:10am On Dec 10, 2014
I agree
Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 10, 2014
I agree, just like one of the five presidents we have at the moment.
Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH by hazyfm: 11:12am On Dec 10, 2014
[size=38pt]WAITING FOR THE PIRATED COPY....[/size]

TILL THEN, ADONBILIV
Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH by Caseless: 11:32am On Dec 10, 2014
superneutral:
inflexible, courageous and firm leader.”
~ Former
wont u rather vote GMB for these qualities. Compare buhari's economic plans to that of obj(both as a head of state and a civilian president) , u'd see that buhari is a better manager of economy than obj. Infact, buharinomic was a better economic plan than those that came after it(buhari's regime).

1 Like

Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH by Caseless: 11:40am On Dec 10, 2014
Firefire:
absolutely

He is a bad manager.

fire, u need help. I pity u.
Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH by PassingShot(m): 11:42am On Dec 10, 2014
superneutral:
~ Former

http://www.skytrendnews.com/index.php/news/cover/5739-former-president-obasanjo-flouts-court-order-unveils-his-contentious-autobiography-in-nigeria

That's it for me. And it is what Nigeria needs at this time. With a good economic manager as his vice, we're good to go.

1 Like

Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH by Caseless: 11:43am On Dec 10, 2014
Keneking:
I agree, just like one of the five presidents we have at the moment.
obj forgot to add 6th and 7th president, Asari and oritsejeafor. We have 7 presidents , namely: pej, diezani, ngozi, oduah, asari and oritsejeafor.

1 Like

Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH by jaso1(m): 11:43am On Dec 10, 2014
Firefire:
absolutely

He is a bad manager.

Are you one of his enemy? Because those enemies are known to us as corrupt elites and is in the race to permanent them in prison.
Sai Buhari! Great Nigeria!
Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH by ikaboy: 11:47am On Dec 10, 2014
Loving the man OBJ.
Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH by Firefire(m): 11:48am On Dec 10, 2014
Caseless:
fire, u need help. I pity u.

My friend, you have no case to answer. the situation is caseless. grin

Buhari 4th weeping would bring down London Tower

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH by tonyirore(m): 11:50am On Dec 10, 2014
am surprised he has said nothing about ibb and abacha.
Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH by Firefire(m): 11:50am On Dec 10, 2014
jaso1:

Are you one of his enemy? Because those enemies are known to us as corrupt elites and is in the race to permanent them in prison.
Sai Buhari! Great Nigeria!

Cant you read the lips of Nigerians

NO to Buhari 1st, 2nd, 3rd, & now 4th.

END TIME CRYING

1 Like

Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 10, 2014
superneutral:
~ Former
If only the clown-in-power have these qualities. In GMB we stand
Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH by jaso1(m): 12:07pm On Dec 10, 2014
Firefire:

Cant you read the lips of Nigerians

NO to Buhari 1st, 2nd, 3rd, & now 4th.

END TIME CRYING

You are afraid of going to jail! Don't worry, prison is meant for criminal.
He cried for the soul of the country as he believe that our problem is inability to see things the way he's seen it. Those you rally round are behind Nigeria dilemma who will never want him as president to rescue the poors. He built refinery when he was a president. He tackle corruption as untouchable were touch and suddenly became born again. The fear of Buhari was order of the day. You may ask your father and jettison what those crooks cook up to brainwash you.
Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH by Adminisher: 12:20pm On Dec 10, 2014
Many Nairalanders are too young to understand anything. I am getting worried at the sheer dumbness and lack of basic education of the average Nigerian youth. Half of them are motivated by tribalism, the other half want to be equal partakers in the culture of corruption that is stealing their future and their children. So for those who need understanding here it is.

There is an ideological divide between Buhari and Obasanjo.

Obasanjo is a western inspired, big business capitalist politician, he is actually of the same mould as Good luck Jonathan in this respect. They prefer having billionaires on Forbes list instead of a large middle class. They accept poverty as long as it is not their children. They are both PDP.

Buhari on the other hand is a nationalist social welfarist. Buhari paid back all our debt and refused to take loans with IMF conditionalities.
When our Naira was going to be destroyed vis-a-vis the dollar, he started counter trade so that we could exchange our oil for industrial spares, raw materials and so on all in a bid that we don't join the world economic system from a position of weakness. Buhari's approach had things going for it and against it but it was purely an ideological direction not one of managerial skill.

A good example of the difference in the two approaches is Ajaoukuta steel. If Buhari was head of state we would have finished this plant twn years ago and gone into flat sheet and many foundries would have sprung up. He would have done that by appealing to nationalistic sentiments, inspired self reliance and so on. Obasanjo's regime merely tried to sell or sold the plant to foreign buyers thinking they would be more efficient than government.

With this background there was no way Obasanjo would have called Buhari a good economic manager. In any case compared with Obasanjo and Buhari, Jonathan is a complete economic illiterate.

Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH by Firefire(m): 12:21pm On Dec 10, 2014
jaso1:

You are afraid of going to jail! Don't worry, prison is meant for criminal.
He cried for the soul of the country as he believe that our problem is inability to see things the way he's seen it. Those you rally round are behind Nigeria dilemma who will never want him as president to rescue the poors. He built refinery when he was a president. He tackle corruption as untouchable were touch and suddenly became born again. The fear of Buhari was order of the day. You may ask your father and jettison what those crooks cook up to brainwash you.

I read your post with laughter cheesy

Buhari can never become the president of UNITED NIGERIA.

Period!
Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH by double0seven(m): 12:31pm On Dec 10, 2014
How good a manager of the economy was OBJ himself: enriching only one person (or few) like Dangote to the detriment of the economy and millions of Nigerians.

In Buhari's regime, Nigeria was so economically on the right track that the western powers were afraid. They tried to persuade, then threaten Buhari to devalue the naira which was competing with the dollar. They told him to collect IMF loan and he told them to go to hell. The west was afraid that Naira was on the way to becoming an international currency of exchange just like the dollar.

They expelled Nigeria from the world trade exchange. Buhari ignored them and started doing trade by batter with our oil, exchanging it directly for imports from other countries.

When the west saw if they allowed this Buhari man to reign, Nigeria may become a developed country and an economic giant in no time, they colluded with some Nigerian interests and Buhari was overthrown.

Think about, what was the first thing IBB did when he came into power. He devalues Nigerian currency and took IMF loans we didn't need. We all know the rest of the exchange, from there on it was downward spiral from IBB to Abacha to OBJ to Jonathan....down, down and down we keep going

OBJ is talking nonsense. OBJ is a man with a serious case of selective amnesia.
Re: Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) Would Not Be A Good Economic Manager- MY WATCH by Adminisher: 12:44pm On Dec 10, 2014
double0seven:
How good a manager of the economy was OBJ himself: enriching only one person (or few) like Dangote to the detriment of the economy and millions of Nigerians.

In Buhari's regime, Nigeria was so economically on the right track that the western powers were afraid. They tried to persuade, then threaten Buhari to devalue the naira which was competing with the dollar. They told him to collect IMF loan and he told them to go to hell. The west was afraid that Naira was on the way to becoming an international currency of exchange just like the dollar.

They expelled Nigeria from the world trade exchange. Buhari ignored them and started doing trade by batter with our oil, exchanging it directly for imports from other countries.

When the west saw if they allowed this Buhari man to reign, Nigeria may become a developed country and an economic giant in no time, they colluded with some Nigerian interests and Buhari was overthrown.

Think about, what was the first thing IBB did when he came into power. He devalues Nigerian currency and took IMF loans we didn't need.

OBJ is talking nonsense. OBJ is a man with a serious case of selective amnesia.

Thank you very much my brother. Some GEJ people here are just being sentimental. They believe it when Obasanjo says Buhari wont be a good economic manager but they don't accept it when he says that Jonathan is not capable of governing well.
What intellectual cowardice. So Nigerians have turned to people who hide under the bed when truth is coming?.

In any case the $60 oil price has forced this gov't to go into the kind of Buharinomics they rejected before. Now they will tax private jet owners, they will tax luxury goods, they will increase internally generated revenue from corporation taxes. They are even going back to import substitution strategy for Christ sakes. So what happened to free market?. Why don't you allow the Naira to fall to its real value of N250 to the dollar?. Why ban imports?
I think a lot of people are being dishonest in this country.

(1) (Reply)

Exposed!; GEJ Is A Nairalander / World Political And Business Leaders Without An Academic Degree / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.