Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,864 members, 7,872,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:53 AM

Dating A Broke Guy? It Is Not Worth It - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Broke Guy? It Is Not Worth It (516 Views)

Dating A Broke Guy (my Experience): Is It Worth It? / How To Know He Is Not Worth To Be A Boyfriend. / Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating A Broke Guy? It Is Not Worth It by ishiamu(m): 12:29pm On Dec 10, 2014
Found this amusing comment in one of our old posts and I just had to create a fresh post out of it.

Read on…

I’ve almost dated a broke guy and I broke up with him before we could even start. At first, I told myself that I wasn’t materialistic; that money didn’t mean anything to me. I could say that because I am blessed with parents who provided well for me.

I got tired of meeting him at restaurants and all we’ll do there is talk for hours on end and then share a meat pie and a drink, when people sitting around you are eating pounded yam and soup with juicy pieces of meat, or rice and chicken. I was always hungry around him. On some occasions, I would have been with him for a good part of the day and eaten next to nothing and then my mum would call me asking where I am and saying that she has made semo and okro for my lunch. If you see the the speed I use to leave him on those occasions eh!!! LOL

We would enter taxis and because I knew that he was broke, I’ll offer to pay for the fares. After a while, he got used to me paying. When we enter the taxi and reach our destination, he’d wait for me to pay. That angered me.

When I got fed up with the whole thing, I broke things off with him. I didn’t want to get ulcer because of a boyfriend. This is someone who would eat a greater part of my food when we go out and I get very hungry and get myself rice and chicken or swallow. I’m not a snacks person. I prefer to eat well but I eat slowly.
I resolved never to date a broke guy. In this guy’s case, he was already talking marriage but I wasn’t moved. That doesn’t make me materialistic. It’s so not worth it. You’ll start to resent the guy. And it’ll give you an idea of how a future with him would be if he remains broke for a long time.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy? It Is Not Worth It by ishiamu(m): 12:30pm On Dec 10, 2014
Re: Dating A Broke Guy? It Is Not Worth It by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 10, 2014
It's certainly worth it, it will teach you how to appreciate moneyed men and not give you an entitlement mentality.

For the guys, it's important to date while you're broke. It will teach you that women only look for comfort and you shouldn't be a fool looking for love up and down. So, when you eventually get money, you should understand your worth and how women are to be treated. Without money, you will never smell what true love is like. Therefore, there is no such thing as true love. It is a myth. Not even God has true love, if he did, there'd be no hell fire, we'd all be going to heaven.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Broke Guy? It Is Not Worth It by Tonydeeb(m): 1:05pm On Dec 10, 2014
It cud be worth it attimes, buh not always...if the guy in question tries his possible best to satisfy you even when it's not much, tries to avoid going on dates coz of cash, then you know he's aware of the situation and doesn't want to burden you much and be seen as a loser...unlike the case of the guy in the story who's totally not interested in what shud be his responsibility, then I fink it's best to run for yr dear life coz when he does have, he'll be too comfortable to remember he's gat some duties to perform.
Re: Dating A Broke Guy? It Is Not Worth It by merit12(f): 1:06pm On Dec 10, 2014
I was here @1pm

Watching op with my 3d glasses

(1) (Reply)

RSRM...right Songs For The Right Moment / Guys Can You Do This For Your Spouse? / Can Someone Really Steal Your Man (or Woman)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.