Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,454 members, 7,881,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 02:29 AM

I Need Help On Site Review - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need Help On Site Review (808 Views)

Lagoslabs.com Site Review / Colorbox / Thickbox / Critical Site Review / Site Review: Naija Lingo (pidgin English Dictionary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help On Site Review by omeizaowuda(m): 10:36pm On Dec 10, 2014
Hello, My Name is Omeiza. I am a designer/web developer. I just designed my portfolio website and I need you guys to help me go through it and tell me about any anomaly. The web url is omeizaowuda.com. I am specifically looking to fix any browser compatibility issue. I already know that my behance, facebook and twitter links are broken and not properly fixed. I just need you to use default phone browsers, laptop and desktop computers to view it. If there is any issue. Pls send me the browser name and version.
Thanks
Re: I Need Help On Site Review by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 10, 2014
Scripts in the <footer>?
Re: I Need Help On Site Review by Lastdon02(m): 2:54am On Dec 11, 2014
its cool here via nokia e5 opera u try bro
Re: I Need Help On Site Review by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 11, 2014
Ma brother. Ur site is okay this way.
Re: I Need Help On Site Review by Danyl(m): 8:36am On Dec 11, 2014
did u use bootstrap for that site. you tried bro.
Re: I Need Help On Site Review by blueyedgeek(m): 10:43am On Dec 11, 2014
What I like

Nice one bro. I see you are using the unsemantic css framework for the grid based layout, cool. I like the fact that everything is on one page (It would have been odd to have not very many content and so many pages). I also like the scroll effect (when I click on the down facing arrow). The color choice is superb and the I like the look and feel of the site.

** Viewed on Firefox developer edition and Google chrome 39 using windows 7

Issues

A few things though:

* The link to 'blog' doesn't lead anywhere, I think you should consider taking it off until you have a blog to link to.

* On the section where you post your work, there isn't enough information about the projects, all I see are a bunch of images. Consider adding a bit more information to that section since it is the most important aspect of the site.

* On the footer section, you linked to your facebook profile, twitter profile and behance profile but all three links return a 404 error meaning that the links are dead and this is probably because you are using relative links when you should be using absolute links. Prefix them with a 'http://' to fix it.

Issues with the code

So I ran the code through w3c's markup validation service and a few errors were returned

** Line 15: <meta name="keyword"> is missing a 'content ' attribute

** Most images do not have an 'alt' attribute. You can set them equal to an empty string if you don't have a proper alternate text to represent the image.

I can't post them all here. You can find the w3c markup validation service Here

Try to fix the ones you can so that you can get that green pass mark grin grin grin. I just love it when a site gets that pass mark, it is foinn.

Although someone has mentioned that you have scripts at the bottom of the page and although best practices dictate that we move JavaScript to a separate file of it's own, the site really isn't all that big and the script really isn't all that much so no biggie.

Datz all, any further review will be given by my ogas at the top.
Re: I Need Help On Site Review by omeizaowuda(m): 12:24pm On Dec 11, 2014
Thanks for the feedbacks. I will correct all errors accordingly. @danyl, its not bootstrap. I built it from scratch and managed my code with sass pre-processor. I use bootstrap only for prototyping. @nathan, I usually put my smooth scroll script at the footer (best practices and faster loading. @blueyedgeek, thanks, I hope u are good? Will fix all what you have mentioned and I am aware of the broken links. Also, its not everytime that you should care about the green mark there will be sometimes when w3c wouldn't matter. Will also gather all my work and provide more info and links about each of them.
Re: I Need Help On Site Review by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 11, 2014
Little correction that u need.
You said something about seeing your work @ Behance. There is a mistake in the link. It should be http://behance.com/omeiza not http://omeizaowuda.com/behance.com/omeiza. So try and correct it. Nice job.

Re: I Need Help On Site Review by omeizaowuda(m): 6:29pm On Dec 11, 2014
@pureguide...Thanks so much, I corrected that.
Re: I Need Help On Site Review by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 11, 2014
good
Re: I Need Help On Site Review by picknstake: 8:28pm On Dec 11, 2014
Plss I need you guys to look tru my blog [url]picknstake..com [/url] and help make some corrections if there any. Plus I'm having issues with seo. Pls help profer solutions. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Programmer/web Designer Needed For A New Startup Team, Hot Idea / FACEBOOK PAGE LIKE: Are You Interested? / Another Site Like Naij.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.