Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,179 members, 7,973,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 12:17 PM

Okorocha For Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha For Governor (1567 Views)

I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares / 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP / PDP, ANPP, Slam Okorocha For Closing Schools, Markets For Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Okorocha For Governor by lalasticlala(m): 6:37am On Dec 12, 2014
A few hours after losing his bid for the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential ticket, Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha last night picked the governorship ticket.

He was nominated in absentia as he was in Lagos where the party’s national convention was held.

Okorocha’s son-in-law and Commissioner for Lands and Urban Planning, Chief Uche Nwosu, who was said to have been adopted as the governorship candidate, announced his withdrawal from the race.

Speaking before the ratification of Okorocha’s candidature, the Chairman of the Electoral Committee, Mr. John Alamba, said the party had the power to substitute any candidate, who withdrew from the race.

”A few days ago, we gathered here to elect Chief Nwosu as the APC governorship candidate, but I was in Lagos when I learnt that the candidate had resigned on personal grounds. We are gathered here today to ratify Governor Okorocha as the party’s governorship candidate,” the panel chair said.

Nwosu said “party’s interest supersedes personal ambition.”

He enjoined members to give same support and solidarity to Okorocha.”

source:
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/okorocha-governor/

Re: Okorocha For Governor by mistabiola: 6:39am On Dec 12, 2014
Welcome on board Mr. Okorocha , I know say one day you g make us proud cheesy grin Future President

My Song Our Dream
-----------------------------

Operation chase PDP out is not only on but gathering
momentum ...Full steam ahead.

INEC ...over to you ... The genuine wishes of the people
MUST count this time . .

February 14 is the date ....and BUHARI is the Man.
Stand in front of a moving freight train with no brakes at
your peril.

Operation...:

#KickOutGEJ...

#TakeBackNigeria...

#TeamGMB

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha For Governor by SaiBuharii: 6:43am On Dec 12, 2014
G
Re: Okorocha For Governor by gregg2: 6:45am On Dec 12, 2014
APC and childish Politics
Re: Okorocha For Governor by Sylvarresta(m): 6:45am On Dec 12, 2014
Welcome back home my governor... There is no harm in trying

Re: Okorocha For Governor by basilicaemezu(m): 6:45am On Dec 12, 2014
I saw it coming.
Re: Okorocha For Governor by Obinoscopy(m): 6:46am On Dec 12, 2014

(1)

Breaking News:Imo State Lawmaker Hon.Eudora Igwe Dies Mysteriously / I See Buhari As The Next President -obasanjo / My Funny Experience With Two PDP Supporters Yesterday!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.