Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,793 members, 7,941,983 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 05:13 PM

Can U Help With A Modest Wedding Plan! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can U Help With A Modest Wedding Plan! (1182 Views)

My Younger Brother's Wedding Plan Is Having Issues, Please Advise Me / What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? / I Need A Comprehensive List Of Wedding Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can U Help With A Modest Wedding Plan! by onikiri: 9:27am On Dec 12, 2014
Hello family,

I've decided to marry my loongtime bobo grin and we r both excited.

The thing is I don't want an owambe thing! Just a moderate lowkey event. my questions are:

*after engagement what next in particular order?

*i want to boycott d trad,is there someway we could just do d necessary in my home without d big party?

*what are d court wedding procedures n duration?

*white wedding and how long it takes(we want it during a festival period) so easter is out!!

I want a modest wedding and my man likes it when I bring up suggestions to him backing it up with practical plans... I know he may want a big celebration but he listens to me so I'd like to pitch this idea of mine to him that's why I need your advice as I listed above. We are both igbos!!

Thank you.
Re: Can U Help With A Modest Wedding Plan! by Applaner: 9:49am On Dec 12, 2014
congratulation

1 Like

Re: Can U Help With A Modest Wedding Plan! by emeraldoe(f): 9:53am On Dec 12, 2014
Congrats in advance. I had a low key trad, jst d key people in the family and about 4 of my friends, d trad was not indicated on the invitation card. We jst made d normal native food for d few pple dat came. I also had a court wedding, they av their list of items. Mine was abt 4yrs+ ago. D list we were given include- wine, kolanut, bottle of groundnut, soft drinks(cant remember how many), 10k and some oda tins I can't remember.

1 Like

Re: Can U Help With A Modest Wedding Plan! by Popsicle: 10:05am On Dec 12, 2014
Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage. Since you are igbo and on this i stand to be corrected, you cannot BOYCOTT your traditional marriage ceremony. Its a wise decision to go for a modest ceremony so you can plan well for your future after the wedding. The traditional marriage ceremony (@7am) and white wedding (@10am)can both take place on the same day. This saves you costs cos alot of guests wont show up that early but will show up for the white wedding thus killing 2 birds with one stone. The court/registry can take place the week after or anytime thats suitable but you have to go and book for a date before then.

I hope this helps. All the best!.

1 Like

Re: Can U Help With A Modest Wedding Plan! by onikiri: 12:04pm On Dec 12, 2014
emeraldoe:
Congrats in advance. I had a low key trad, jst d key people in the family and about 4 of my friends, d trad was not indicated on the invitation card. We jst made d normal native food for d few pple dat came. I also had a court wedding, they av their list of items. Mine was abt 4yrs+ ago. D list we were given include- wine, kolanut, bottle of groundnut, soft drinks(cant remember how many), 10k and some oda tins I can't remember.

Thans dear!

4 of ur friends agreed to come for down to ur hometown for such low key trad

I assume u had in in ur living room?

Did u do church wedding?
Re: Can U Help With A Modest Wedding Plan! by onikiri: 12:08pm On Dec 12, 2014
Popsicle:
Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage. Since you are igbo and on this i stand to be corrected, you cannot BOYCOTT your traditional marriage ceremony. Its a wise decision to go for a modest ceremony so you can plan well for your future after the wedding. The traditional marriage ceremony (@7am) and white wedding (@10am)can both take place on the same day. This saves you costs cos alot of guests wont show up that early but will show up for the white wedding thus killing 2 birds with one stone. The court/registry can take place the week after or anytime thats suitable but you have to go and book for a date before then.

I hope this helps. All the best!.

Thank u!

U see, I'm not really boycotting the trad! I just don't want that type of flavour's "ada ada" stuff

I just want an immediate few family members representing..

As per both ceremonies on the same day, I know of that but that would imply our church wedding in villa... We don't want it!

Do u know how long it takes b4 d church can wed us(catholic)

Thanks again.
Re: Can U Help With A Modest Wedding Plan! by Popsicle: 2:23pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ok. Though going by the new trend, some people dont go to their home town for their traditional marriage. Everything takes place where the parents are but "to each, his own". I am not really sure how long it will take the church to wed you but i guess it should be between 3-6months.
Re: Can U Help With A Modest Wedding Plan! by emeraldoe(f): 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2014
onikiri:

Thans dear!

4 of ur friends agreed to come for down to ur hometown for such low key trad

I assume u had in in ur living room?

Did u do church wedding?
d trad wasn't in my hometown. Twas in my father's house where we reside in town. My dad(may he rest in peace cry) sent gifts to his family members in d village and d ones in town were present. It was in d living room and few chairs were arranged in d balcony. I had d court wedding same day by 1pm and d reception was elaborate. I didn't do church wedding
Re: Can U Help With A Modest Wedding Plan! by onikiri: 10:00am On Dec 13, 2014
emeraldoe:
d trad wasn't in my hometown. Twas in my father's house where we reside in town. My dad(may he rest in peace cry) sent gifts to his family members in d village and d ones in town were present. It was in d living room and few chairs were arranged in d balcony. I had d court wedding same day by 1pm and d reception was elaborate. I didn't do church wedding

O dear! Sorry bou ur dad!

Ok now I get you perfectly,thanks for your time..hugss..
Re: Can U Help With A Modest Wedding Plan! by onikiri: 10:02am On Dec 13, 2014
Popsicle:
Ok. Though going by the new trend, some people dont go to their home town for their traditional marriage. Everything takes place where the parents are but "to each, his own". I am not really sure how long it will take the church to wed you but i guess it should be between 3-6months.
smileythank you
Re: Can U Help With A Modest Wedding Plan! by emeraldoe(f): 10:28am On Dec 13, 2014
onikiri:

O dear! Sorry bou ur dad!

Ok now I get you perfectly,thanks for your time..hugss..
yea thanks e-hugs

(1) (Reply)

Invitation To All Nairalander In Benin City / You Are Destroying Your Husband And Killing Your Marriage With This / Ese’s Letter (unedited): Pls Read & Reply Me Inusa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.